Cashing Us Treasury Checks

eateer

Anyone have any experience cashing US treasury checks. I have an account with Bangkok Bank and have used a direct deposit from the VA before via the New York branch. But for some reason the VA seems to have lost their freaking mind and mailed me checks for the last 2 months instead of using direct deposit.

Why not go to your Bangkok Bank branch with the checks in hand and ask how much it would cost to deposit and how long before you get your money? The next action should be to contact the Manila SS office and ask them why they lost their "freaking mind" and are mailing the checks to you.

Our only experience in cashing US Treasury checks is with IRS refunds -- Bangkok Bank loves 'em! We received use of our money immediately and (as I recall) the charges were very low compared to cashing other non-government checks, like refunds from insurance companies or dividend checks.

Bangkok Bank is very helpful. My income stream comes from investment income and direct deposit from Uncle Sam to my Hawaii bank. I just write a personal check drawn on my Honolulu account ($1000 max) per transaction. My personal checks include my Thailand address, including my wife's name. It's a joint account and she is Thai. Never had a problem, just my US Passport and supporting documents. Easy - in and out in 15-minutes.

It should be noted that we have been living in the Kingdom for almost a decade and that I do have a banking relationship with another Thai bank.

Edited by thaigold