Submersible Pump Restrictions

eee-stuart

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post such a question,but, does anybody know of any legal restrictions regarding the use of a submersible pump for domestic perposes (specifcally in the surin area) just thought i'd ask before I buy one !!

Most house holds have some sort of well. Some are shallow and and a jet pump is used others are deep and require a submersible. Yes I have heard the same comments by some expats that there is a law that no water can be taken because HRH owns it. I do not thank this is what he has in mined. Beside I have never seen that law in print.There are numerous shops in Surin that sells these pumps along with chain saws.:whistling:

We had a bore hole test last year , they found water and dropped a pump in / connected it all up, no license just did it .

I had nothing to do with it though as I was in the UK so the mother in law organised all,it no problems.

There is a very good and well equiped tool/equipment shop near to Surin Plaza. I have bought a number of S/pumps from them over the years and found thier aftersales service very good. The Chinese boss speaks engrish too. Go across the bridge next to S Plaza, turn left and when you reach the main road, its the second on your left.

Dave

There is some legislation in effect governing water wells but it is seldom enforced for domestic use. It most certainly is though for commercial and industrial use. The main points are:

1. Wells deeper than 30 meters require permission to be drilled..

2. A government certified water well driller or geologist should be responsible for the operation.

3. A separate pumping licence is required to produce from the well. The government can charge for the water used, based on meter readings.

4. The Owner is responsible for obtaining all the licences. The drilling contractor may assist.as they can lose their drilling licence if caught drilling an unlicensed well.

All this is handled by the Groundwater Division which is now part of the Ministry of Science and Environment. As I said, it is seldom enforced for household usage but you are vulnerable if somebody decides it is worth their while to harass you.

There is a very good and well equiped tool/equipment shop near to Surin Plaza. I have bought a number of S/pumps from them over the years and found thier aftersales service very good. The Chinese boss speaks engrish too. Go across the bridge next to S Plaza, turn left and when you reach the main road, its the second on your left.

Dave

Decent advice, Dave. As this place is a godsend in locating a number of things....not just sub pumps. Thanks again.;)