Madrid Bar

seekingfriends

Try the Bangkok forum?

I don't visit Patpong, it's revolting.

and thats just an opinion nobody wa rally asking for!

@TS: Sure it was "Madrid Bar"? Only know of this "other place" more a restaurant then a bar... but forgotit's name sounded somewhat spanish..

Edited by Samuian

thanks john great to hear . i must drop in again soon . if only for the club sandwich and a glass of singa . james

Aparently their larb pizza is very good but I haven't tried it

hi . corect there pizza is very good .and so is the service they have a low staff turnover .and it helps to keep the customers cumming back . some guys have been customers for 10 years or more, lots of locals thiais and expats visit every day . james

hi . i was not talking about pat pong in general just a drinking spot. if they could afford to move to another location it would loose its special charm . go there and try it . its also on u/tube if you care to look . type in madrid bar bangkok and it pops up . james

I don't agree with those who say Madrid's pizza is the best in town, but it's right up there near the top.

It's a homey, unpretentious place with an interesting clientele. Easy to walk past and not know it's there.

a

Yes, Nice place. I been going there for about 15 years, however have been in Surin that last 4 years for don't make it there much. Still the same, good prices, decent food and relaxing. Do miss Khun Saa

hi . yes the food is as good as ever. and so is the beer with a good selection of local beers .and very nice girls . james

Where was it located?

guys . the madrid bar is located on soi number i .just off silom rd . as you come around the corner from silom rd .its on the right hand side . james

I used to hang out there in the early 70s. It was famous for its pizzas - these were still a novelty then. It must have moved though as the original was on the left side of Patpong coming from Silom between the Lone Star (moved to Washington Square) and the Napoleon (long gone). I think it was the place where Jim Bowman topped himself by drinking rat poison at the bar. I gave up on Patpong after the night market started.

Try the Bangkok forum?

I don't visit Patpong, it's revolting.

Oh well, aren't we the holier-than-thou farang in the house?

Patpong is not revolting; it's a piece of Thailand history. It has several fascinating establishments (which are hardly sleazy in the least, which I assume is your implication with your simplistic "revolting" epithet), including the above-mentioned Madrid: longest-operating bar restaurant on Patpong, pretty much decorated as it was in the 1960s when it opened, and still serving what I (and many others) deem the best pizza available in Thailand. So there you have it.