Antie Time Share Banners Backed By Govement

found this on the phuket forum and last week i sore the massive banner i have a pic somewhere and will up load it and give it to all u visa memeber so u have the choice to hang 1 someowehre like in your shop or car or house

:rolleyes:

If the timeshare guys are booted out just think of the amount of lost business for local business....all the workers pay rent each month, eat and drink in local businesses and generally spend all their wages in the local community......yeah why not get rid of them, great idea when many are suffering from the downturn already.

If the timeshare guys are booted out just think of the amount of lost business for local business....all the workers pay rent each month, eat and drink in local businesses and generally spend all their wages in the local community......yeah why not get rid of them, great idea when many are suffering from the downturn already.

[/quote

I think local businesses will be better off. The tourist dollar is they key. Fly by night con artists don't support tourism they damage it

Hahahahaha!

That was ABSOLUTE hilarious!

ESB7, I know there are many of you fraudsters out there but doubt the numbers are that many that it'd make much difference in the local economy if you were all gone.

Edited by Mole

Hahahahaha!

That was ABSOLUTE hilarious!

Scratching my head too! :lol:

The way you are talking mate sounds like your one of the timeshare touts we don't need here and want to get rid of.? :ph34r: and the sooner they are gone the better for everone.

haha, good one. timeshare guys bring so much to the table, i'm sure that PTT is already forming a lobbying effort to keep them here in order to not lose the 30 or 40 baht in small coins that each of the timeshare shysters sales agents spends to put into their motorbikes while they look for their next victim customer.

Sorry ESB7 I cannot agree with you. I have had a few staying in my villas and everyone of them left owing me money.

Most of them are on low or no salary and high commission. They do not have a lot of spending money.

The shame is that one or two of them are quite nice people and well meaning. It's the 'hungry' ones that are more of a problem.

:lol::giggle: first laugh of the day

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Same with the taxi drivers driving slowly up and down the streets or parking and blocking traffic.

And the boom-boom trucks.

Think about all the money the petrol stations would loose if the were gone.

u sound like a time share seller. They can always turn into drug dealers and then at least people will know them for the crooks that they actually are.

The banner is not asdvertised in getting ride o them. Just warning them that the items which they are promised to have won. That they most likey will not receive it. Instead they might be pushed into buying a time share when the ccustomer could be soending there time spending money in thailand and relaxing ona beach having a break from the world which is already suffering rarther than being touted into some corrupt scandle.

"yeah why not get rid of them, great idea when many are suffering from the downturn already."

your arguement has no hold. thats like saying. " yeaah why not get ride of crooked time share people,great idea when many are suffering from the downturn already"

Those people ruin peoples visits to Thailand the sooner they leave the better. :D

""

there again if there is allot of advertising letting people know of the dangers and yet they still fall for the scam then they probably deserve to be conned

Edited by BigC

No worse tahn the shysters that own bars and charge 80 Baht for a beer that costs them 30 Baht ...that is a real scam!!!....and as Thais are not seleccted to visit the resort how could they possibly have any first hand knowledge of what goes on.

No worse tahn the shysters that own bars and charge 80 Baht for a beer that costs them 30 Baht ...that is a real scam!!!....and as Thais are not seleccted to visit the resort how could they possibly have any first hand knowledge of what goes on.

It might cost 30 Baht out of a carton but before it is served to you icy cold that beer needs to account for wages, rent, power, water, cable tv, entertainment etc etc...80 Baht's a bargain

Only a timeshare tout could use something like this to justify their job. Nobody is getting ripped off when they buy a beer for 80 baht now are they. It is clearly stated in most places how much a beer costs. Factor in the rent, the staff, the aircon, the TV package you are watching the match from etc etc etc and I find it quite reasonable.

Unlike ANY timeshare deal I have ever seen and even the guys I know that used to sell them will tell you it is an out and out rip off.

So you don't eat and drink in local businesses?

Maybe you are refereeing to sitting on the steps on 7-11 eating a sausage and drinking Archa bear, while asking by-passers if the want to scratch a card.

Only a timeshare tout could use something like this to justify their job. Nobody is getting ripped off when they buy a beer for 80 baht now are they. It is clearly stated in most places how much a beer costs. Factor in the rent, the staff, the aircon, the TV package you are watching the match from etc etc etc and I find it quite reasonable.

Unlike ANY timeshare deal I have ever seen and even the guys I know that used to sell them will tell you it is an out and out rip off.

And the scratch cards clearly state the 3 different prizes that may be won and EVEYBODY gets their prize so nobody is getting ripped off.............I have owned a restaurant and know exactly what running costs are involed, doubling the price is enough but trebling it as many EXPAT owners do is a blatant scam/rip off/con

And the scratch cards clearly state the 3 different prizes that may be won and EVEYBODY gets their prize so nobody is getting ripped off.............I have owned a restaurant and know exactly what running costs are involed, doubling the price is enough but trebling it as many EXPAT owners do is a blatant scam/rip off/con

well 2 years ago I had just landed for a holiday in Samui and 2 lovely girls pulled up on a motorbike and offered me scratch cards I told them i wasn't interest but they said that i'd help them make 20 euro each if i scratched the cards and come up to the office for half an hour. I thought it can't do any harm so i did. 2 hours later i didn't get any prize. The bloke who sat down to talk to me would not take no for an answer, I tired to be as polite as possible but once he actually tried to bully me I kicked right off.

It's a f*cking disgrace, anyone who does this for a living are thieving scum who do not give a toss about who they hurt or steal money from in the process. It does nothing for tourism in Samui,

Clearly this fraudster himself has no clue what he's talking about. No wonder he "used" to run a bar.

I think he don't realize that most establishments even have more margins than just triple the purchasing price.

But the real margins are in the food.

Fuq the scratch cards and whatever pathetic prizes they give, the serious money is when they sign up for that apartment deal and pay the installment....

Great comeback ESB7, the scratch card, let me scratch my head first though!Nobody in this thread cares really a lot about those scratch cards, it's more about the fact that when they're brought back to the presentation and than the hard sale is forced upon them with the urge to sign right there and than.

Second good laugh in a day! laugh.gif

Thats not a scam that is a business making a profit. they don't lie to you and tell u that the beer is 30 baht then charge u 80 baht. what u see is what u get.

a ripp off is when u think you are getting something and u don't get it

I don't have a problem with the Marriot time share sellers because they state clearly that they are time share sellers and they don't drive up and down the street trying to rob you. i have herd good things about them but it is not for me.

As for those robbing basterds. i nearly had a pop at them but my misses pulled me back telling me that they have back up from some bigger corrupt people working behinde the scens which i suppose would be typical of a street gang.

Apperentyly they get 2000 bhat per couple for people those they manage to trick and pull into the other office. Thats allot of money and i want it.

these sortes of people. i like because i really don't feel bad when i tell them to f off! ! and if they was to get robbed . well it is a dangerous world and the streets are full of pest .) :D

There are a few "scams" and other dubious practices on Samui that really pi## me off and are not helping tourism.

Timeshare would be one, taxis another, Bangkok Airways another. I am sure there are more.

But to have a go at the young girl at check-in at the airport is not going to get us anywhere. She is just doing her job, and doesn't control the airport or pricing. Similarly to rant at the young lad trying to get you to play with his scratchcard is pretty futile too. He's a salesman. Probably has no idea what he is selling, or how, or why, and I am sure he would be just as happy flogging toilet cleaner if the commission was better.

To make changes you need to get to the top of the food chain, the ones who are controlling it and dictating who is on the streets flogging their cr#p. This for me is the real problem. Who are these people at the top? What can be done to make them change? Knocking one salesperson isn't going to work, there will always be another willing to give it a try for the huge commissions they can earn. I've seen loads of them come and go over the years.

And so the point of my rant is ........ erm ...... I dunno ..... I forgot!:lol:

i don't know of anyone who has refused to return to samui because of an 80 baht beer, timeshare scammers however...

makes me laugh. post a thread which affends about 1 per cent of the people o the island. basically those who are working with the industry cause anyone that thinks they are good who are not in the industry should see a doctor.

definatly brings some people out the closet lol

i hope someone has cracked their lap top to try to get to the users inside their screens lol.

anyway take it Easy Seriously Before 7 pm :D

ESB7

well 2 years ago I had just landed for a holiday in Samui and 2 lovely girls pulled up on a motorbike and offered me scratch cards I told them i wasn't interest but they said that i'd help them make 20 euro each if i scratched the cards and come up to the office for half an hour. I thought it can't do any harm so i did. 2 hours later i didn't get any prize. The bloke who sat down to talk to me would not take no for an answer, I tired to be as polite as possible but once he actually tried to bully me I kicked right off.

It's a f*cking disgrace, anyone who does this for a living are thieving scum who do not give a toss about who they hurt or steal money from in the process. It does nothing for tourism in Samui,

And you came back to Samuii so it obviously didnt put you off coming again and that is the main point people are trying to make...that it stops people coming here...well it dosnt and you are living proof of that

<br><h3>

And you came back to Samuii so it obviously didnt put you off coming

again and that is the main point people are trying to make...that it

stops people coming here...well it dosnt and you are living proof of

that

</h3><h3><font face="Arial">fortuanlty for most of us we are not all mugs and do not fall for the scams plus the time share people do not approach long terms people because they know they are going to get a thick ear.

</font></h3>