Bangkok Hotel Booking Site

uniq

a few months ago, i have made a booking with a site that i thought was related to the bangkok tourism division and when opening up bangkoktourist.com, it does look fairly familiar. that site was listing exclusive deals that were only bookable through them (in my case a pratunam 5* hotel at more than 50% off the daily rate). does anyone know the site i might have in mind?

Hmmmm....I use a variety of sites to book hotels...and sometimes directly via the hotel's own website. It's worth checking around as you never know where the deals will pop up. Agoda, latestays.com, res24.com, etc. There's a bunch.

Just remember "if it sounds too goo to be true it probably is" , DONT use anything out here other than recognised and reputable Hotel booking services such as Agoda, Hoteltravel.com etc or contact the hotel directly via their website etc.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand is the main organisation.

Edited by CharlieH

thanks for your suggestions - i actually work for one of the larger hotel booking sites...

bangkoktourist.com is a legit site as it is run by the bangkok tourism division and linked to from bangkok.go.th, the official site of the city of bangkok.

that particular site i can't remember anymore offered the hotel at rates close to travel industry rates but i collected status points, hence the reason i wanted to book there again...

If you collect status points surely you have an email from them with your account details and accrued points?

I get them all the time from Agoda.

i collect status points with the frequent guest program of the hotel, not the booking site... unfortunately, the hotel won't tell me who i made the booking through and i do not have the confirmation mail anymore...

btw, agoda is a great site to book with ;)

If you collect status points surely you have an email from them with your account details and accrued points?

I get them all the time from Agoda.

i collect status points with the frequent guest program of the hotel, not the booking site... unfortunately, the hotel won't tell me who i made the booking through and i do not have the confirmation mail anymore...

btw, agoda is a great site to book with ;)

Actually I 50% agree with what you say. Agoda is a great site to look for hotels and view the rooms, but after i decide on my hotel in 99.9% of times I find asiarooms.com to be a better rate. I use them all the time and have never had a problem. Agoda can be expensive and very rarely include breakfast in the price.

It's not a question of whether or not Agoda include breakfast in the price, it's whether or not the HOTEL include breakfast in the price.

Agoda don't provide the breakfasts, the hotel do.

A valid point ... but the point I was making was that asiarooms.com and many other website hotel businesses can offer breakfast as approved by the hotel in question still at prices cheaper than Agoda. My problem with Agoda is their attitude of matching other website prices if they are higher. If they did their research they would realise that in the majority of cases their prices are higher but want to take advantage of a tourists naivety.

It's not a question of whether or not Agoda include breakfast in the price, it's whether or not the HOTEL include breakfast in the price.

A valid point ... but the point I was making was that asiarooms.com and many other website hotel businesses can offer breakfast as approved by the hotel in question still at prices cheaper than Agoda. My problem with Agoda is their attitude of matching other website prices if they are higher. If they did their research they would realise that in the majority of cases their prices are higher but want to take advantage of a tourists naivety.

They do their research but as you said Agoda is all about luring naive customers.

Yermanee

I just checked out Asiarooms for a hotel that I have already booked with Agoda for later this month.

The Agoda rate I have includes breakfast whereas none of the rates quoted on Asiarooms include breakfast and I can get the same rate from Agoda for a room without breakfast.

Edit: correct that, it's cheaper on Agoda for the same room without breakfast (by 4 Baht)

Edited by PattayaParent

While that may be true - I hate the fact that you have to get to the final booking / paying procedure to find this out!

I just checked out Asiarooms for a hotel that I have already booked with Agoda for later this month.

The Agoda rate I have includes breakfast whereas none of the rates quoted on Asiarooms include breakfast and I can get the same rate from Agoda for a room without breakfast.

Edit: correct that, it's cheaper on Agoda for the same room without breakfast (by 4 Baht)

ok ... i understand some people do like to have the last word ... but I did make reference that "in the majority of cases their prices are higher". Of course there are some isolated instances that will favour Agoda.

While that may be true - I hate the fact that you have to get to the final booking / paying procedure to find this out!

Not true.

There is a list of rooms with prices with and without breakfast.

Only when you choose your option do you start the booking and paying procedure.

ok ... i understand some people do like to have the last word ... but I did make reference that "in the majority of cases their prices are higher". Of course there are some isolated instances that will favour Agoda.

I must have just been lucky then in finding the cheapest deals on Agoda every time I look for a hotel.