Police In Loi Kroh Last Night

dickyknee

started about 12pm and they systematically went through every bar starting at the moat up to soi 1. past that it looked like the rest closed up before they got there.the copyright mafia was in tow, with the police taking lots of photos of the inside of all the bars (alcohol, equipment, girls, customers).were the police actually after somebody in particular, or were they just doing what they do?

Thai friend owns several bars in town. its not only Loi kroh.

He told me last night that there is an "inspection" team from Bangkok in town for a week, so all bars have to clean up their acts and stick to the rules andbe on their best behaviour while the team is here..

So the 'speciality' bars will likely be alittle quiet this week !!

Sorry boys !!!!

He told me last night that there is an "inspection" team from Bangkok in town for a week, so all bars have to clean up their acts and stick to the rules andbe on their best behaviour while the team is here..

Sorry boys !!!!

Here's your chance to go try the Hang Dong and Doi Saket areas.:whistling:

Sorry boys !!!!

Here's your chance to go try the Hang Dong and Doi Saket areas.:whistling:

Or Lamphun, !! Lampang !! Chiang Rai !!! or dare i suggest the Big Mango for a week .......:huh:

Just wait until dark when Chiang Mai changes.

No need to get out of town, there are hundreds of bamboo bars and karaoke bars, just look for the Xmas lights - you're more than likely to find the type of 'refreshment' your heart desires.......at a better price.

Edited by uptheos

No need to get out of town, there are hundreds of bamboo bars and karaoke bars, just look for the Xmas lights - you're more than likely to find the type of 'refreshment' your heart desires.......at a better price.

i am going to view you in a different light from now on uptheos :o

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.....I look for the place that's selling the cheapest beer. wink.gif

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.....I look for the place that's selling the cheapest beer. wink.gif

300 baht for a large Chang AND....:whistling:

300 baht for a large Chang AND....:whistling:

You go to the same bar? rolleyes.gif

Not just Loi Kroh. Pretty much everywhere. I was in a bar in the Santitham area and around 1am police came in to help close the place, take pictures and video, check staff ID, etc.

Fun fun fun.

Just moved somewhere else and continued. So many bars, so few police. :thumbsup:

Not just Loi Kroh. Pretty much everywhere. I was in a bar in the Santitham area and around 1am police came in to help close the place, take pictures and video, check staff ID, etc.

Fun fun fun.

Just moved somewhere else and continued. So many bars, so few police. :thumbsup:

I agree. I can confirm some bars have not been visted. This is a normal occurrence. I remember when it was every three months a few years back. If the owner has their shyt together no big deal. For the newbie punter its is OMG.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty grim those bars.

The good stuff was all moved to Chiang Mai land some years ago. Problem is those bars are reserved for the elite and not for me and the rest of the peasants who can’t afford them.

If the police did close down all the bars in the Loi Kroh road, it wouldn’t be a big deal.