Thai Activist Veera 'Struggling For His Life'

webfact

PAD members are always going on about how they they would rather die than cede a single inch of ground to the Cambodians yet first chance someone has to become a martyr to the cause they chicken out.

Why are the posts about Samak, Cambodian doctors and the Red Shirts not deleted?

After all, this thread 'is not about' Samak, Cambodian doctors or the Red Shirts!

That's easy.

- Samak was sick but no one believed him.

- Veera is in Cambodia and needs doctors.

- the red shirt leaders were in jail and complained of illnesses.

All related to the topic - Thai Activist Veera 'Struggling For His Life'

But he was fit enough to hike about in the hilly border region repeatedly crossing into Cambodia? A bit of a drama queen. Probably as 'fataly' ill as al-Megrahi appears to be. :rolleyes:

I think you're mistaken. The area where he was arrested is not hilly, it's very flat farmland. Regardless of whether you like him or not, 7 yrs jail seems very harsh considering he simply crossed the border (which is not even demarcated) illegally - something tens of thousands of cambodians do without risk of such sentence. Then for the cambodians to charge him with spying as well seems crazy, what was he going to spy on? Cambodia's modern farming methods!

I think simply salt put on ulcer or a rinse with 3% solution of peroxide should fix him up. I feel the article should read "Struggling for his lifeSTYLE". If they give him a royal pardon for this I will definitely admit I donot understand asian cultures at all. He wants to talk the talk them walk the walk. I am tired of these guys saying they will die for their cause then when they can show there metal they break like little girls.

'rubl' timestamp='1299520823' post='4265665']

'Credo' timestamp='1299507857' post='4265289']

Having a Thai doctor examine Vera would seem like a slap in the face to Cambodia. It might not be a good idea.

Also, can a Thai doctor practice medicine in Cambodia? Are there licensed doctors in Cambodia?

Assuming k. Veera has a physician he normally consults, it's good practice to have the guy around. That physician may not be able to 'practice', but could accompany and assist a Cambodian doctor. Numerous face-saving possibilities :)

There are many European doctors in the new very modern hospital Hun Sen had built and many more around the city with up to date equipment , why would they need a Thai to assist ? Besides , is not his brother a qualified Thai doctor who already passed prognosis on him ?

He has numerous congenital diseases? Such as? Spots before the knees? I think they've gone OTT with that one.

Did you mean '(seeing) red spots before the eyes' :)

PM: Govt will seek out-of-prison medical treatment for Veera

BANGKOK, 9 March 2011 (NNT) – Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has confirmed that the government has stepped up efforts to help Thai Patriots Network (TPN) coordinator Veera Somkwamkid and his secretary Ratree Pipatanapaiboon now detained in Cambodia.

After a meeting with Mr Veera’s family members at Government House, Prime Minister Abhisit said the government would urgently coordinate with its Cambodian counterpart, in regard to the poor health condition of the TPN coordinator.

The Thai embassy in Phnom Penh is trying to ask for permission from the Prey Sar Prison to take Mr Veera out of prison for medical treatment. He has been suffering from mouth ulcers and many chronic diseases.

As for the petitions for royal pardon, the prime minister responded that the families of the two Thai detainees have already processed the matter.

Prime Minister Abhisit also said Ms Wilaiwan Somkwamkid, the mother of the TPN coordinator, did not ask for anything special during their meeting. He believed that the Cambodian side would not raise anything to bargain on Mr Veera’s case.

Mr Veera and Ms Ratree have been sentenced to eight years and six years in prison respectively for illegal entry, trespassing into a military zone and espionage.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-03-09 footer_n.gif

But he was fit enough to hike about in the hilly border region repeatedly crossing into Cambodia? A bit of a drama queen. Probably as 'fataly' ill as al-Megrahi appears to be. :rolleyes:

I think you're mistaken. The area where he was arrested is not hilly, it's very flat farmland. Regardless of whether you like him or not, 7 yrs jail seems very harsh considering he simply crossed the border (which is not even demarcated) illegally - something tens of thousands of cambodians do without risk of such sentence. Then for the cambodians to charge him with spying as well seems crazy, what was he going to spy on? Cambodia's modern farming methods!

Sshh... Time Traveller. Please don't introduce appeals to reason. Any discussion about Veera on TV demands vindictiveness.

He has numerous congenital diseases? Such as? Spots before the knees? I think they've gone OTT with that one.

Did you mean '(seeing) red spots before the eyes' :)

Out, out dam_n spot.

Spots before the knees was discovered by that sadly missed genius Spike Milligan. I believe he also brought the affliction known as 'the dreaded lurgy' to the public attention. I am not sure whether being a fully paid member of The Goons is a requirement before being struck down with either but a sure indication of a sufferer is that he/she wanders around in ever decreasing circles asking "What's the recipe today, Jim."

The association of this[post with the OP is that it displays the same level of insanity as the excuses being put forward to justify an early release for this reluctant martyr. As many farangs have discovered, being involved in a traffic accident results in being blamed for the same on the basis that if he had stayed at home, the accident wouldn't have occurred. Similarly if this miserable vainglorious would be hero had stayed home i.e. had stayed his side of the border, nothing would have happened. QED. Guiilty - pay the price, do the time.