Banking In Thailand

First time coming to thailand why is a foriegn account not good to open and the 800,000.bht for retire visa has to be kept in a account 90 days before you renew?if you have a dollar account can't you transfer into your bht account.where i am now i have a dollar account and another account kinda tied to the dollars account i transfer dollars into it as i need to if the rate is bad i usually wait till it goes up.just a question froma new guy.thank you

Edited by sbk
font and capitalization removed

First of all can I respectfully point out that you shouldn't post in caps, it's considered to be shouting and poor forum etiquette, especially when you compound it by posting in bold and a large font size.

You might have been better asking your question in the visa forum, but basically for an extension of stay based on retirement you have to prove that you have 800,000 Baht seasoned in your local bank account and it should be easily accessible, they may consider that a dollar account isn't easily accessible. The other alternative is to get a letter from your countries embassy confirming you have a monthly income of 65,000 Baht or more, that negates the need for keeping 800,000 in a local bank.

Hope I have understood your question.

Edited by theoldgit