Thai Health Ministry Warns Of Raids Over Alcoholic Sweets

webfact

I certainly agree with the many posts about drink driving and the results can be seen in emphasied fashion over the New Year. Last Sunday about 3 in the afternoon my sister-in-laws father (my wife's brother wife's father)was driving his motorbike in the side lane when a drunken motorist left the carriageway and hit him. The car came to a stop about 100 metres up the road, the victim dead with one missing leg and multiple injuries. The driver left his vehicle and was not found until later that day, apparently this is the second time that he has killed a person in a road accident while drunk. However like the first time the police want him to pay compensation and then he can walk and maybe kill again. At 3pm he must have been drinking during the non permitted hours, probably at a chicken fight, both against the law but also most likely attended my police. It is very difficult to control items that the regulators also indulge in.

In Europe most sweets or chocolate liquers only have the taste of the alcoholic drink which is why they can be sold at any time and to any person whatever age.

I must say that the restricted drinking hours does frustrate me and many others as I have read in the posts of other such topics. As stated above it only applies to large supermarkets amd 7/11's and of course most public events but really achieves very little. One can stock up or in the country buy alcohol at any time, window dressing again I am afraid as with most traffic laws. My wifes sister has two young children and they never wear seatbelts except when the are in my car. They hate me for it but they have a choice, belt up or stay home. Nothing will change if the parents and regulators do not set the correct example!

How does ice cream become solid if it has alcohol in it?

with great difficulty.

You can even get 'instant red wine powder' for trekkers, made by the Swiss water purification company Katadyn. Add water and you get 'red wine' with 8% alcohol ! For this year they plan to introduce powdered beer :lol:

trekneatrouge.jpg

OMFG what a bunch of losers. A pack of glue-sniffing mentally handicapped baboons could do a better job than these pathetic fools.

"It's their country." you whine. Yeah, being born in a country certainly gives you the right to mismanage it, steal from everyone you can, be belligerently inept and petty.

I'm not sure who I hate more, the crooks who run this pit or the simpleton cretins who persistently defend their every blunder.

How does ice cream become solid if it has alcohol in it?

with great difficulty.

You can even get 'instant red wine powder' for trekkers, made by the Swiss water purification company Katadyn. Add water and you get 'red wine' with 8% alcohol ! For this year they plan to introduce powdered beer :lol:

trekneatrouge.jpg

Wicked...... bring on rainy season.

i think the're right with this action except a bit overreaction thou

beter they put up (more) alcohol checkpoint on the roads im on them every day for about 5 years now and havent seen a single one of them (maybe those around newyear were a few) anyhow the officers at those "tents" seemed preety wasted hemselves and that is probaly why the alcohol tester remained unseen or so ,,perhaps scared someone challenges them to take a test themselves ?

and also the alcohol selling times are a laugh 555555555555

only tesco and 7 eleven follow those the rest not

about the topic-

im have a small icecream company and even though i have the permit to sell alcohol and sigarets no way im putting alcohol in the icecreams

You should try, appel sorbet with calvados.

Vanilla ice cream with baileys,

Chocalate sorbet from Vahlrona chocolate grand cru, with Grand marnier and orange zeste.

Many sorbets been done in Elzas top restaurants with Eau-de-Vie try it tasted very good but makes it also expensive.

NFS

Doesn't this guy have anything better to do. It would take hundreds of these "sweets" to have any real effect...

LOL yes would have to eat hundreds of them to even get a slight buzz, what a waste of time this Government does with Thai tax money :annoyed:

This is what Abbhist and his cronies mean by doing something for his(?) country. Looking for alcohol-filled chocolates... :angry: How did this bozo get into such a responsible position. British-panzee.

I hardly think this policy idea was initiated by Abhisit personally. As hard as it may be for those who may not have spent too long in this country, he is one of the more mentally competent PMs this country has had in recent history. If want an example please do a bit of research into the inane antics of Thaksin's former Interior Minister, the inimitable Purachai.

WOW!!! Where can I buy them ?

Like the sound of Alcohol Ice Cream partytime2.gif

I do not think the thousands of " village shops " have a licence to sell alcohol or tobacco as you can buy these products from them at any time of day or night

might be good, but nothing beats Kalua in milk shakes. That just anitquates the White Russian

for the hi so times try Champaign float (with vanilla ice cream)

hahaha, funny ...

crackdown on paper, in reality = men in brown collecting their tea money and everything goes as it did before

Maybe the so-called Public Health Ministry should be more concerned about tooth decay and obesity than about children getting drunk off of rum 'n raisin ice cream!

Don't expect too much from the 'Public Health Ministry' , their website (my gosh it looks sooo 90s emo.gif ) has not been updated since 2007 schater.gif

A M A Z I N G Thailand. :Thaiflag:

Doesn't this guy have anything better to do. It would take hundreds of these "sweets" to have any real effect...

How do you know? you ever have Jell-O shots?

Guess not. Way back before jello shots became the hot party fad, my circle of jerks and I would make a pitcher of bloody mary, mix it with gelatin, fill ice trays, refrigerate, and have for breakfast after a wild night of over indulgence. We called them Blood Clots.

I do not think the thousands of " village shops " have a licence to sell alcohol or tobacco as you can buy these products from them at any time of day or night

Absolutely. When I lived in Isaan the kids would always be sent off to fetch gut rot Lao Kao and smokes for the adults. Must remember though that to the hi flying people who make these laws Thailand consists of only choice parts of Bangkok and at a push small slices of other cities they begrudgingly have to fly to on occasion to keep up the pretense of doing their job.

i think the're right with this action except a bit overreaction thou

beter they put up (more) alcohol checkpoint on the roads im on them every day for about 5 years now and havent seen a single one of them (maybe those around newyear were a few) anyhow the officers at those "tents" seemed preety wasted hemselves and that is probaly why the alcohol tester remained unseen or so ,,perhaps scared someone challenges them to take a test themselves ?

and also the alcohol selling times are a laugh 555555555555

only tesco and 7 eleven follow those the rest not

about the topic-

im have a small icecream company and even though i have the permit to sell alcohol and sigarets no way im putting alcohol in the icecreams

You should try, appel sorbet with calvados.

Vanilla ice cream with baileys,

Chocalate sorbet from Vahlrona chocolate grand cru, with Grand marnier and orange zeste.

Many sorbets been done in Elzas top restaurants with Eau-de-Vie try it tasted very good but makes it also expensive.

NFS

All of those sound GREAT (especially the vanilla and Baileys)! Where are the places in Thailand (preferably in Chiang Mai) where one can try these taste temptations?

Edited by venturalaw

Also any age. It suerly is as they say Wonderful Thailand :guitar:

jb1

In Germany I've been to house parties where for fun jelley puddings, "JELL-O" in different colours had been offered which had been prepared with wodka instead of water (or a mix of wodka and water) without telling the people what it is..... You do not taste any alcohol, but you'll be drunk quite quick and the backyard was a mess....

fatfather

Oh <deleted>!

Repeat : Don't take this place too seriously Don't take this place too seriously Don't take this place too seriously Don't take this place too seriously Don't take this place too seriously Don't take this place too seriously ...

MAYBE THEY'RE JUST DEADSET AGAINST FAT PEOPLE ESPECIALLY KIDS . THEY NEVER SEEM TO GIVE A dam_n ABOUT DRUNKS AND IN RURAL AREAS U CAN BUY ALCHOHOL 24 / 7

In Germany I've been to house parties where for fun jelley puddings, "JELL-O" in different colours had been offered which had been prepared with wodka instead of water

fatfather

Dear boy, I know your voice, and I read that with your accent running through my head, right thoughts, but we do need to work on that W thing.

Luv Ya mate and JingJoe says Hi.

MAYBE THEY'RE JUST DEADSET AGAINST FAT PEOPLE ESPECIALLY KIDS . THEY NEVER SEEM TO GIVE A dam_n ABOUT DRUNKS AND IN RURAL AREAS U CAN BUY ALCHOHOL 24 / 7

1. Fat kids are regarded as a prize.

2. Yes, they do not care about drunks in rural areas, most are so drunk that they fail to notice the other drunks.

3. The ultimate level of rural living is when you have enough money to buy a fridge and can afford to stock up on beer from Makro.... until then the 24/7 mom n pop shop will have to do.

4. Lower case letters are available on any keyboard at all times.