Suan Lum Night Bazaar

Hanlie

That's what I've been wondering! Surely the vendors have gone somewhere. Hopefully another night market will pop up in BKK!

Been to one of the new venue - Siam Paradise Night Bazaar, across Sukhumvit road from the mouth of Sukhumvit Soi 101/1.

Shops are still only 30% operational but the beer garden is in full swing.

Does anyone know what will be built on the site of the now ex-night market?

IIRC Central has the rights and plans to build a hotel. (editorial opinion: with more than 9 hotels already in the area, does Bangkok really need another? Why get rid of one of Bangkok unique landmarks/attractions to build another hotel operating at less than optimal occupancy?)

Been to one of the new venue - Siam Paradise Night Bazaar, across Sukhumvit road from the mouth of Sukhumvit Soi 101/1.

Yes, I was there to watch the footy sunday evening and had a great time..cheap beer, good food and loads of people. Shops are geared towards tourist tat which is a shame. Wasnt impressed with the prices asked either.

Yes, I was there to watch the footy sunday evening and had a great time..cheap beer, good food and loads of people. Shops are geared towards tourist tat which is a shame. Wasnt impressed with the prices asked either.

Any idea what time it opens in the evening?

Opens at 6pm. Close? Don't know for beer garden...lol, but shops are opened till 10pm for now and will be later with more shops and crowds.

Does anyone know what will be built on the site of the now ex-night market?

IIRC Central has the rights and plans to build a hotel. (editorial opinion: with more than 9 hotels already in the area, does Bangkok really need another? Why get rid of one of Bangkok unique landmarks/attractions to build another hotel operating at less than optimal occupancy?)

Hate to spoil your illusion, but since all the troubles in North Africa, Thailands Hotels have almost doubled occupancy... Amazing Thailand....

Opens at 6pm. Close? Don't know for beer garden...lol, but shops are opened till 10pm for now and will be later with more shops and crowds.

Yes, but its out in the sticks, and well away from tourist areas...why put it there..????

Suan Lum Night Bazaar was excellent.

• Great choice of Thai food, Pizzas, German food, Seafood etc...
  • Good choice of beers including three German HeffeWeizen beers!
  • Live bands playing music on stage.
  • And reasonably priced tourist and handicraft shopping.

Quality at fairly reasonable prices.

On my last visit it was run down, and sold only Beer Chang :bah: it has now been demolished completely.

How does the New Siam Paradise Night Bazaar compare for:

• Choice of food
  • Choice of beer (very important!)
  • Entertainment
  • Shopping

Anybody got any pics?? :D

Excuse my ignorance.

Is this the one wiith the big wheel and near Lumphini?

Don't remember clearly (big wheel), but yes, across from Lumphini. Tad pricey, but some nice 'original' gear and pretty restaurant.

As has been said, 'yet another 'hotel/shopping complex in that area'?

The limits of Thai imagination know no bounds.

So does the new place have German/international beers again?

No idea, once i saw big bottles of Chang for 60b a go, there was only one choice.

Bad news if that is the only one available.

Suan Lum had a decent Beer Garden, with good choice.

(I go for the beer, not for the Garden! :D )

Edited by davee58

• 5 weeks later...

That's what I've been wondering! Surely the vendors have gone somewhere. Hopefully another night market will pop up in BKK!

The night bazzar will be re-located in the junction of Rachada/Ladprao.

Some of the vendors moved to the CDC in Pradit Manutam Rd.