18 Yr-old Dutch Woman Raped In Phuket

george

Kat - anyone who knows Thailand or some of the other SEA countries knows there is an ugly underbelly that most farang will never see. I honestly think they would be shocked.

I know, and in their shock and denial, it is much easier to blame the people who talk about it.

Say what you will. I have my own personal experince as a female in S.E.A., the stories of many others, my observations over 3 years, and my personal research on the subject.

If you want to judge and shoot from the hip, go right ahead, but I've thought, researched, and read about this for awhile to avoid making careless statements.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

???

my length of stay in los is 12 mths now + previous holidays

i stay in thailand because i box kat, why do u stay in thailand??

and from your statement and non response...

i guess u are on "patrol" to warn all these people about what a lax and horrible country thailand is

following on from your comments...maybe you've outstayed your time in los...u feel so strongly about the state of the nation in general

....& i must be really stoopid kat?

so thailand/cambodia is a haven for those fleeing western laws and social norms..... but u don't mean criminals or peadophiles??

so who do u mean?

please gift me a couple of examples of those that flee "western law and social norms" that aren't criminals or paedophiles

and if u are referring to prostitution aren't vegas and amsterdam/rotterdam a couple of havens?

"following on from your comments...maybe you've outstayed your time in los...u feel so strongly about the state of the nation in general

so thailand/cambodia is a haven for those fleeing western laws and social norms..... but u don't mean criminals or peadophiles??

so who do u mean?

please gift me a couple of examples of those that flee "western law and social norms" that aren't criminals or paedophiles"

You're the one on patrol because you seem to think that you have the moral superiority to tell people when to leave the country, and what to talk about.

I'm here because I feel like it - got it? Why I'm here is not really a secret, but I don't have to provide a reason to be personally sanctioned by you.

And you should read more carefully: I used the term CONVICTED; there are both formerly convicted and unconvicted types here in Thailand. There are some that need to be extradited back to their Western countries. This is possible now because of new extradititon agreements. If you read the papers on a regular basis you wouldn't need to hit me up for examples.

And where did I say Thailand is a lax and horrible country? Those are your words that you attached to me. There are many similar issues in other developing countries, and developed countries have their own set of problems.

But we are discussing Thailand - or do I need your permission first?

I see you have the same disease as other newbies that come here who think that non-criticism and blind acceptance of everything equals profound benevolence and heartfelt appreciation. Good luck to you.

Edited by kat

just to add...

in the time i have spent in los i've seen moe than most ferang will see...

i've stayed with the poorest of the poor and the wealthy....

i've seen and met thai's from many different social backgrounds....not just your typical phuket/pattaya experience

i have ferang friends that may well have been in los 3+ years but they mix in social cirlces of ex pats and workers

my social circle is far removed from that and i mix with locals from my gym(peeps that fight to supporttheir family :o

i don't have rose tinted glasses on, i know bad things happen in thailand but i also know the same things happen equally as much in other parts of the world i.e corruption/rape etc

surely we all know this?

and any1 that has lived in poverty in the US or UK wil have seen an equally evil underbelly to their own country :D

:o:D I'm happy for your beautiful experience, with beautiful Thai people. It sounds so romantic.

I don't want to belittle your experience, but you are not the first farang to live around poverty with "real" Thai people. I'm sure you are on your way to being Thai very soon. And there are others who live in poverty here who are not Thai. They also have a lot of stories to tell.

Look, I can't respond anymore, because you have obviously learned everything there is to know about Thailand in your 1/2 on - 1/2 off year or so, and because I'm sure other people on this thread are tired of us.

Good night.

back to playing the victim....i'm telling u to leave the country?

did i say "leave" kat? no i said if u feel so strongly about something why not do something about it(surely u have the intelligence to understand the point) the point being u have had no praise for thailand and have only been critical of it...yet u choose to remain in los??

i guess to u i do have this newbyness about me...i actually like the country that this site is attached to, i like the people i like the culture and i like the religeon among many things

and i'd regard moral superiority as what u have shown in your "looking down your nose" at thailand ...yet chances are your own country has it's equal share of problems

i see that u have a disease and its unusual u feel so strongly against so many things in a country yet choose to remain( can u not afford your airfare home?)

in general peeps visit a country that they will enjoy/like :o

put your violin down kat :o

that comment was in response to your superiority at having stayed 3 years in los(u could easily have spent that time on an island sunning it up and have no real idea of thai peeps) i'm not saying that's the case but it's possible....

it was also a response to the shocking things most ferang never see

obviously there are things i don't like about thailand but there's more i do like....that would be that "newbyness" trait of mine again :D

good night o superior one :D :D

Wow, seems there's a lot going on after I left.

Yes, I must say I got the same feeling that Kat doesn't like Thailand.

And one thing is I would never try to argue with her coz I know I will never win.

And also she seems to use a lot of words but it's difficult for me to know

what her points actually are. :o

:D

I'm not sure why this is such a surprise, given the recent history of prostitution and child/sexual trafficking in Thailand. Do you think these phenemenoms occur in a void?

What is such a surprise?

ok, I'm still here, but I should be asleep :o

Meemia:

Is it now a requirement that one must like Thailand in order to live here? There are other reasons for living here, such as work, research, relationships, etc. I came here to do research and work on poverty and migrant issues.

Actually, there are many things that I don't like, and things that I do, just like my own country. Do you expect people to remove their brains simply because they are foreigners in a foreign country? I would never expect that of immigrants and visitors to my place of origin.

My point about "surprise" was referring to the information preceeding the comment in post 80, but its moment has passed.

And actually, not all discussions are about winning. I think you made your point quite nicely.

I think we should also remember that this is a thread about a woman who was raped, not about who I am or what I'm doing here.

Edited by kat

lol

i'll be over in a few days....

perhaps u could tell me that to my face :o

i'm not a violent person...but it's amazing how many people's idea of themselves grows when they sit behind a screen

i.e 99.9% chance that u'd never tell a boxer to throw in the towel to their face

but we'll see...

i'll buy u a beer after u say it.... just to show there's no hard feelings :D

so u stick with talking the talk on the internet....

cos i might buy u a beer but plenty of pals wouldn't be so kind if u said something as sarchy to them :D

lol

i'll be over in a few days....

perhaps u could tell me that to my face :o

Seems to be a plethora of out of control members threatening other members of this forum of late...

Thai Hitmen Busy - 1997 Article

meelousee Posted on: Yesterday, 2005-09-17 22:57:46

So little time so much to do.

Sriracha John you are next if i can arrange it.. 

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ic=45195&st=15#

---------------------------------------------

Makes one wonder what's next...

and if u took that "threat" in the other thread seriously????

the person would have to be a lunatic.... to threaten u , then laugh 3 times and stick their tongue out :D

but u took it as a threat?? :D:o

or attempted to make it seem like a threat by selective quotes :D

Edited by bkkbound04

and if u took that "threat" in the other thread seriously????

the person would have to be a lunatic.... to threaten u , then laugh 3 times and stick there tongue out :D

but u took it as a threat??

Make a similar threat to an employee on a airplane and see what happens.

:o

Actually your point that you did try make with Tax is... people (certainly not him) do lurk behind their monitors...who the heck knows what thoughts go through their minds? Look at his other posts (it's not an isolated post)... so you want me ASSUME he's joking?

Sorry, I don't.... and his gibberish postings are too indecipherable to make such hasty conclusions that he's simply kidding.

Lots of people have been killed by people that authorities didn't take seriously.

His other prior posts indicate unpredictable behavior.

So, bottom line is... yes, I took it as a threat.... and reported it as such to the mods.

Nice idea for a movie pitch that.....

A forum member goes around bumping off other members.... in ways commensurate with their handles.

Bit boring though, as a lot of it would be shots of fat people sitting at computers typing with one hand and holding a bottle of beer with the other and burping.

Tom Hanks is interested, so is Nicole Kidman. Gentleman Scamp wants to write the theme tune, sing the theme tune.

As all that i have read about this alleged rape is what I have read here ,my opinion is one of sympathy with the alleged victims.Based on what I have read I would presume the guys to be guilty and hope the young girl gets all the support she needs.

I don't know enough about Thai society to make calls about the norms or reasoning of such hideous crimes however I have found Kats posts very informative (ta Kat).Having seen a number of similar threads in the past it still surprises me how easy some members get type happy without first giving consideration to the nature of the thread and the content of their (and others) posts.