Cbr250R Or Er6N

kelboy

HI ALL

i have just sold my cb1 400 and looking to get a new or nearly new bike.

i have been following the 250 and 100000 and 115000abs with the good mpg/lpk

its a good cheap bike.BUT today forget its150000, i love the er6n and at 250000 its a good

price and a great bike but i will have to go about 300km to get it and and and as i live in

sukhothai.

So do i go with my heart or my wallet?

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

Live in Sukhothai, go for the er-6n.

I went for the CBR because I live and commute in BKK. If I move to the North in a few years (or anywhere where I'm not commuting in BKK) it'll be swapped for a kawa650 to be used as a sports/cruiser.

Edited by appropriate

If I was you I'd get the er6n (or the 650R if you're going to be touring). I had the same dilemma deciding whether to upgrade from the Ninja 250R when the er6n was released and decided against it - but if I was buying new now with the extra choices available to me then I'd go for one of the 650's for sure.

post-74366-0-14280400-1299714180_thumb.jFollow your heart! Only 260 km from Sukhothai to Nakhon Sawan. Khun Surasak at the Kawaskai shop in Nakhon Sawan is great to deal with and speaks reasonable English. They have both the Versys and the ER6n in stock. When I bought my ER there a year and half ago, the shop was a little hole in the wall on a single floor. Khun Surasak must have spent 50 million baht upgrading the place. It is now a very upscale, fully equipped shop on two floors. Showroom upstairs and Service downstairs. His shop now has more assessories that any other dealer I have seen here. He even carries Revo. His shop is sure worth a look. He's got a Versys on the floor that is fully equipped for touring, with TraX 38-liter ALU-BOX top and side cases in powercoat black. Unfortunately the TraX cases cost double here what they cost in the US. I bought a set over for my ER6N. I also just put a new suit on it, changing from black to red. I live in Phit'lok. It would be nice to have a riding buddy as close as Sukhothai!

Get the ER6, I just cancelled my CBR order and put down a deposit on a ER6f. I seriously considered the Versys but it's almost as tall as me and I didn't want to go the lowering / hugely expensive gel seat route.