Whats The Strangest Thing Youve Seen Someone Eat?

BIG SPUDS

Never ordered it but my local restauarant in samui does Fried Rice with Chimps.

:D

Ahhh - this might lead into another post .....'The most ammusing spelling errors on a menu' :o

Or has it already been done?

After some of the things I have read on here, what makes you so sure it is a spelling mistake :D

Good Luck

Moss

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this thread for the first time and almost laughed my andouillette off. Having onced spent over a decade in the rural hills of Chiang Mai, I have eaten just about all the exotic rural Thai delicassies mentioned in this thread, and a few that have not, such as pangolin, squirrel currey (kheng kharook), curried dog meat with my Akha pals, and of course the signature delicacy of Chiang Mai, raw minced pork (laap dip).

But one of the more memorable dishes was eaten soon after I was married and had relocated deep into the hills. We had discovered the entrance to a wasp or bees nest on our property. I believe technically they were wasps as the nest was in the ground. So late that night this old Uncle shows up with a can of cheap tobacco. He creates this oversize chillum out of two pieces of bamboo, but instead of inhaling the tobacco he gets it going and then sticks one end of this chillum into the entrance of the nest, and exhales the smoke into the nest. Soon the ground is literally vibrating with the sound of far too many very upset wasps and I soon stood quite a distance from the commotion ready to further distance myself at any moment. But eventually the sound and feel of the earth trembling subsided as the tobacco smoke did its thing, and the old Uncle grabbed a hoe and quickly dug into the nest and pulled out several large round objects, like a dry honey comb, which contained the wasp larvae. And that, I learned, was the object of the exercise and the larvae were soon placed into a curry.