Cost Of Small Motorbike

Ollie

Is anyone able to tell me what the cost of replacing a clapped out death trap will be (I've been on it - once)?

I'm not into bikes and not in LOS.

Just the bog standard bike to get around that you see everywhere - nothing fancy.

Is it worth getting new or 2nd hand?

Any recommendations / garages?

Many thanks for any help given. :o

Is anyone able to tell me what the cost of replacing a clapped out death trap will be (I've been on it - once)?

Just the bog standard bike to get around that you see everywhere - nothing fancy.

Many thanks for any help given.  :o

Honda make the best quality and most reliable bikes, thier range of "chicken chaser" step thru gearchange bikes can be had from as little as 32K. Baht

garages for these machines are on every street coner, 2nd hand are available but a new one is inexpensive and you know what you have.

god only knows where and what a 2nd hand machine might have seen!

Many thanks for any help given.  :D

Have bought 2 motorbikes in Chumpuang as my wife comes from there. First one new in showroom just past Bangkok Bank. Second one, second hand in salesroom a further 100 metres on same road. 36k for new Honda and 22k for second hand. :D I got them on finance as it's safer so that the family can't sell them quickly when I'm not around. :o

I got them on finance as it's safer so that the family can't sell them quickly when I'm not around. :o

Thanks for the advice.

New bike it is then1

Dragonman - how does a finance scheme work in Chumpuang? Is it level payments over a few months, or an initial (higher?) deposit?

Some further advice would be appreciated as I'm a long way away!!

Thanks

I got them on finance as it's safer so that the family can't sell them quickly when I'm not around. :o

Thanks for the advice.

New bike it is then1

Dragonman - how does a finance scheme work in Chumpuang? Is it level payments over a few months, or an initial (higher?) deposit?

Some further advice would be appreciated as I'm a long way away!!

Thanks

I just gave a 5000 baht deposit and the rest over 30 months. By this way it's all done in 30 minutes with girl friends Id. No problem if family live locally. Once forgot to make a payment and the guy turns up to either collect the money or the bike. All very good humoured. Want any more advice on the area in general send me a PM, as I lived there for quite some time. My missus may know your girlfriend.

• 1 year later...

I'm in exactly the same position as the op (a deal agreed for a private deal having fallen through).

Want to buy a bog standard bike. I was going to ask for a reliable dealer for a 2nd hand bike in the Pakchong or Khorat area; but consensus seems to be that a new bike is more sensible, and that honda is the make to go for.

I also like the finance option. Questions on this:

1. Are terms pretty much standard? On inital payment, period of repayment, interest?

2. Are they usurious? About what percentage of the original price do I end up paying (after 30 months?)?

It would be great if someone recently did a financed purchase in this area and could pass on the benefit of his knowledge - financing terms, dealer, etc

Thanks a lot.

The niece bought a small step thru new a couple of months ago in a different province. The bike cost 32,000 B. The bikes in the shop varied from 22,000 up to 40,000 for the step thru’s on display.

She wanted to put a deposit down (7,000 I think) and pay it off over 30 months. A quick calculation showed the final cost would be about 60,000B.

In the end she worked out a deal with my wife. My wife paid for the bike and the niece will repay the money over a shorter time with a small amount of interest to cover what the wife would have received in bank interest.

As a side note the niece has a good paying job and works as a shop assistant for the wife on weekends.

just keep paying, the cash cow lives.

The cash cow lives? Are you sure that you in the correct forum? Most of the active posters to this Forum are good guys that really enjoy what they have in Isaan or are looking for genuine advice on a topic related to Isaan life be it in the present or in the future. You may want to look for a new place to post snide remarks as Trolls are not well received in the Isaan Forum from what I have seen.

Have a nice day. :o

Mike in Seattle

just keep paying, the cash cow lives.

You won't, should we meet.

Apologies to the latest posters here.

Hey Fool, you here yet or still in blighty sending money over?

How much has she cost you so far? Plane tickets, Visa (refusal still married), Gold, Motorbike and money sent over?

Planned your Taxi ride from the new Airport to BKK so you can stop off and buy some more Gold? he he.

Let me know when you arrive, love to have a laugh with fools just off the Bannana Boat. How long before you have your brain re-installed?

:D:o:D

Thank you OceanRover and apologies to other posters here.

This guy appears to be stalking me. He's sent me 3 pm's all along the same lines and if he's reading, you're now blocked, mate.

I upset him cos' I accused him of being a troll elsewhere.

I've had some helpful info here in the past and am a regular "lurker" and will probably be a resident there in due course - Khorat, Chumpuang, Phimai area (I favour the latter). At the moment, I'm in the UK with my wife and (step) son.

Edited by Ollie