wilko

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
this is from phuket , and although the english is completely upside down , it is quite understandable , and sometimes that is all that matters.

Quite right but there are some companies who should know better - e.g. Tesco’s, Sugar Hut (Pattaya). Some places I work at make themselves look internationally stupid.

A car component company I was at the other day has produced a poster which will be used in all their exhibitions this coming year and it is complete and utter rubbish, virtually unintelligible. What will their customers think? How can they order from a company that can’t describe their own products?

When I asked who wrote it their chief proudly took credit and told me how good he thought it was......

About 10 years ago I got a free night at a hotel on Samet for re-writing their menu. Later a farrang pointed out to me that the menus were all part of the Thai experience...I sat back and cried out.... "Oh my God! What have I done?" (Pierre Boule -Bridge over the River Kwai).

Edited by wilko

About 10 years ago I got a free night at a hotel on Samet for re-writing their menu. Later a farrang pointed out to me that the menus were all part of the Thai experience...I sat back and cried out.... "Oh my God! What have I done?" (Pierre Boule -Bridge over the River Kwai).

He's absolutely right, how else could we get TV threads like this started. :o

Went the the taping of the Farang Show,  an new show for Thai TV coming up - they had a segment for this - the best,  by far,  was an advertisement for kitty litter,  with the slogan "Because no one likes a smelly box" ....

:o:D

Oh Christ...I just spat a mouthfull of tea over the computer after reading this. :D:D

Went the the taping of the Farang Show,  an new show for Thai TV coming up - they had a segment for this - the best,  by far,  was an advertisement for kitty litter,  with the slogan "Because no one likes a smelly box" ....

:o:D

Oh Christ...I just spat a mouthfull of tea over the computer after reading this. :D:D

Has anyone seen that toilet tissue recently...it was called "Sit and Smile"....

If your luck enough to visit the mall ngamwongwan then at the back of the fist floor is a sandwich seller that has a unique ingredient - the sign states :

Sandwich with artificial crap

Things must be getting quite hard when the real stuff cant be used ! I explained to the lady what the sign said in english in thai - kanom pang mii kii - ayway same sign was there 2 days later. Needless to say i didnt buy any - still it did look quite nice on the outside !

Also has anyone noticed the manufacturer of public toilet doors in some places - name is Willies - I think - wouldnt normally have noticed this but i was getting used to eating food from street "restaurants" and consequently speding some time, more time than i would have really liked, in the toilet...

If your luck enough to visit the mall ngamwongwan then at the back of the fist floor is a sandwich seller that has a unique ingredient - the sign states :

Sandwich with artificial crap

I saw this exact same sandwich shop / sign at hte back of The Mall Ngamwongwan- near the elevators.

I tried explaining it to the woman also.... guess she just doesn't care.

why is is that in big c on the long escalators - the ones that if you have shoes with no grip you can surf down with your trolley and take a few people out with you - they have signs that they mind your head that you bang your head on ?

Also I live near Durakit Pundit University and have my phone setup to tell me which base station i am connected to. Well well it connects to the base at DPU t tells me Durakit Bandit - maybe someone knows the real truth here ?

Edited by Khun Bob

Fern Restaurant in Mae Hong Son: "Fried Aborigine with Basil" (Out of sheer interest, I ordered this to see what I would get. Aubergine!)

If you put "aubergine" into a US spell checker, it comes up with "aborigine" as the suggested correction!