Aircon

cheshiregent

hi my bed room aircon is playing up it blows air but no real force and not cold

my compressor does not seem to kick in im not sure if this is to with it being in need of a service or its needs something more involved

as i dont want to get my pants pulled down by being told its broken and paying for a new system

could the problem be down to the lack of gas and fluid ?

anyone with any advice

im not mean and im able to afford to replace the compressor if it is indeed broken but would rather not

so if you know about these things or know a company that are honest to take a look please let me know

yes i understand iv just asked for an honest company but you dont ask you dont get thanks

As you mention it doesnt seem to be moving much air, first off, check to see if the indoor fan will ramp up to full speed, if it doesn't then you could be suffering a controller fault which would probably affect the outdoor compressor unit. the compressor and gas level should not affect the indoor evap fan speed. If you can get to the outdoor unit you should see the condenser cooling fan running, it should be blowing hot air, compressors running under proper load get hot along with the gas as it is compressed. If the fan is running but only cool air then either you have a compressor problem or no gas. If you can get to the compressor you should feel it running. If you have a meter it may be worth checking that you are still getting 220v at the unit. As an outside thought, as everything is processor controlled these days has it locked up? If it has try the usual complete power off/on. nothing to lose!

When mine broke I called the shop I purchased the unit from and they sent a service person out to repair it. That is where I would start, otherwise Tesco Lotus has a list of service person they approve. Just visit a Tesco and ask for the phone number of their service man.

Have you got the right mode selected on the remote?

I Had the same problem with my aircon not much power and not so cold, just had a service and i was told the filters were blocked and needed a little gas:cost 750 Baht his number 081-8855679 (DS AIR) Rob/sk