Low Cost Offshore Sterling Income Funds

Hi

Can anyone recommended a low cost offshore income fund denominated in sterling or point me in the direction of someone (company) who might know in Thailand.

I have done some studying but so far have only been able to find some jersey based funds with high entry fees and yearly management fees.

Long term investment +5 years, require steady income, limited capital risk.

Thanks

have a hard look at the relative costs and benefits to you in your situation and ask yourself the question , does it really need to be an offshore fund?

if you are prepared to look onshore there is a broader range and costs can be considerably lower. FWIW i think Invesco Perpetuals ,Monthly Income Plus fund ,a mixed bond and equity fund, is well worth a look at.

If you don't need the capital returned, consider an offshore annuity. This will give you guaranteed income for life with virtually zero risk.

Perhaps you could name some of the Jersey funds that you've been looking at? I suspect that they involve a degree of risk to capital. It would probably be possible to invest with a similar level of capital risk at much lower cost using ETFs. However, income levels would not be guaranteed.

I'm curious that you want something sterling-denominated. If your liabilities are not in sterling, then this creates an exchange rate risk which can be significant. You might find yourself 30% down in a matter of weeks. This level of risk is perhaps greater than the risk to capital.