A Little Help Needed Please.

I have to say, I still don't understand why the OP didn't get a copy of the sim card for his old contacts even if he wanted a new number! (To lose all my contacts at once would be painful!.... thankfully I synch my BB to my computer AND have a contact list available.

How does getting a replacement copy of the sim card get his old contacts back? It's not like they are stored on company servers or anything, is it?

Exactly right why bother.

A few years ago i deleted a important number by mistake on my phone [myself and phones don't seem to mix well it seems]

Anyway i called 1-2 call hoping that they would be able to supply me with the number from my recent calls stored on there computer, they told me that due to privacy laws in Thailand they were unable to do this and also calls from a pre paid phone are not logged on to there system.

My phone then [as is now] was pre paid, they also told me that if i was on a contract phone with them it would be no problem to supply me with the number as all calls this way are logged [hence itemised bills for contract phones]

Yes, the company would technically be able to give you a list of numbers that you have called, but they wouldn't have any names attached to those numbers.

(Technically, they would be able to get names, but they wouldn't do it.)

I had an employee lose his (pre-paid) phone here in Chiang Mai (AIS/12Call) was able to give him his calling history with no problem. Granted, he had the same number for years with them and he went into the local office to get it. They gave(sold) him a new sim with his calling history.

No names were available for the numbers -- because so many sim cards are unregistered despite the law that was to go into effect years ago about all prepaids having to be registered.

His prepaid was a registered number with AIS.

Anyway the Op just asked for help with a phone number. As for all the othere assumptions. u have to look at the facts. just want someone to pass a number on to an ex girl friend.

That is that. As for all this other banter. its just all nonsense.

They could be a million reasons why someone wants to get intouch with an ex. Everyone is just picking a reason out of the top of their heads just to have a pop at someone.

i had to find my ex before because i needed her signiture for to get some moey out of my bank.

annyway what ever the reason it is their business. just needs a favour passed on thats that

Edited by BigC

I have to say, I still don't understand why the OP didn't get a copy of the sim card for his old contacts even if he wanted a new number! (To lose all my contacts at once would be painful!.... thankfully I synch my BB to my computer AND have a contact list available.

How does getting a replacement copy of the sim card get his old contacts back? It's not like they are stored on company servers or anything, is it?

actually if u have lost your sim. you can go to dtac or ais and get a print out of the previous numbers that u have called in the last month. so if u have called her then it should be onn there but it would be easier to put a post on here and just get someone to hand it to her as many of us go that way anyway.