Israeli family of five killed by Palestinian militants in West Bank attack

News_Editor

I can see how this one is going and it's truly sickening. Doubt will be raised by the pro Palestinians about who did this. Palestinians will be understandably angry about the massive reprisals they can expect from the IDF. Before long, the murders will be blamed on the Jews themselves, as a propaganda ploy to get the PR to build more settlements, etc.

Bottom line, I would bet the house this was a political murder of a Jewish settler family by Arabs. How does this madness EVER end, I haven't a clue.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AND all others involved are pointing fingers in the same direction

Of course,...that's inherent to the local situation whereby parties are opposing each others views; but pointing fingers is something different than facts.

Facts are a bit different than pointing fingers:

LaoPo

I do understand that Fatah claimed responsibility. Why would anyone lie while admitting such a thing? :wacko:

Good question; see my previous post for the answer....but I can't explain why idiots claim something if they did not commit the crime; the same as there are idiots committing a murder or a crime they did NOT commit.

Many examples in history.

LaoPo

Its not even clear if FATAH claimed responsibility.the reports say that The al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed responsibility. That is not the same unit like FATAH.

Some reports are more specific and speak of the "Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades of Imad Mughniyeh" who claimed responsibility.

Meanwhile so called Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades officials denying that the attacks came from their ranks.

http://www.naharnet....12?OpenDocument

Have you read the link you provided and what you posted?

Let me quote it for you from your link

Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades of Imad Mughniyeh Claims Responsibility for Israel Attack

The "Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades of Imad Mughniyeh" claimed responsibility for a stabbing attack that killed five family members in Itamar, a settlement home to around 800 Israeli Jews, Pan Arab daily al-Hayat reported on Sunday

Yet at the same time they claim that it was not from within their ranks, so why claim responsibility then????

Perhaps what they trying to say is that the killers acted alone,which is already a known fact reported by IDF.

You have something NEW to add?

AND all others involved are pointing fingers in the same direction

Of course,...that's inherent to the local situation whereby parties are opposing each others views; but pointing fingers is something different than facts.

Facts are a bit different than pointing fingers:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4277517

LaoPo

As you have shown, NO FACT will be sufficient enough for you. Funny enough NOT even 1 of the pro Israel supporters put blame on Palestinians as people or talked about Palestine only about the terrorist groups, while you alone with few other Anti Israel posters managed to blame Israel here and there for everything related or no related.

Funny FACT, is not it.

They (IDF) already know and already hunting them down, please read the reports.

PS, And finally you are coming out with your true colors with statements like "but Israel is Israel, isn't it, considering this horrible murders happened in an illegal settlement on the West Bank; illegal by Palestinian- and International standards and Laws, not Israeli."

So it would appear nothing would ever satisfy you and you would always deny facts when it comes to Israel being a victim.And always blame Israel for anything and everything.

If I write facts I suddenly have a fixed colour? How silly.

See my previous post for FACTS and the FACTS are that there are 1,062% MORE minor casualties on Palestinian side rather than Israeli side:

1,317 minor Palestinians versus 124 Israeli minors....that's 1,062%+

But, Kuffki, that doesn't colour my own opinion since I choose not to take sides because I condemn the murders, deaths, casualties and wars from/on both sides, unlike yourself who only blame the Palestinians and NEVER the Israeli.

That's coloured: BLUE & WHITE, the colours of the Israeli Flag.

I have no colour; I stay on the sideline and observe and what I see is ugly, on and from both sides :bah:

LaoPo

Well not anyone, because as it stands now according to PA officials, faction of Fatah’s al-Aksa Martyrs Brigade and Israeli intelligence it was indeed a faction of Fatah’s al-Aksa Martyrs Brigade who did it.

According to Israeli Intelligence it was not an organized act of terror but an action of 2-3 individuals on behalf of faction of Fatah’s al-Aksa Martyrs.

Brigade

So according to Israeli Intelligence it was not an organized act of terror, but 2-3 individuals, members of a faction of a faction of a faction of a faction.

PS, And finally you are coming out with your true colors with statements like "but Israel is Israel, isn't it, considering this horrible murders happened in an illegal settlement on the West Bank; illegal by Palestinian- and International standards and Laws, not Israeli."

So it would appear nothing would ever satisfy you and you would always deny facts when it comes to Israel being a victim.And always blame Israel for anything and everything.

See my previous post for FACTS and the FACTS are that there are 1,062% MORE minor casualties on Palestinian side rather than Israeli side:

But, Kuffki, that doesn't colour my own opinion since I choose not to take sides because I condemn the murders, deaths, casualties and wars from/on both sides, unlike yourself who only blame the Palestinians and NEVER the Israeli.

I have no colour; I stay on the sideline and observe and what I see is ugly, on and from both sides :bah:

LaoPo

A classic example of attempting to change the subject. The fact of the matter is that a family was murdered, including a baby that was sliced and diced in its bed. The justification offered in a roundabout way is that others have died. Nice logic. The fact that is also overlooked is that someone had to plan the attack and someone had to makke the decision to take a knife and repeatedly stick it into a baby. In and out the blade went. We get the usual, "I condemn acts of violence, but......................." How about someone just admit that the killings were wrong and whether the presence of the people in the area was right or wrong, there is no moral or legal basis to go out and murder a family. There is a condescending reference to the Israeli legal system. Again, another canard to distract from the issue at hand, that some sicko took a knife and repeatedly stabbed a baby.

This is the face of the groups that are most opposed to the existence of Israel. These same people target Arabs that try to live in peace and that are attempting to reach a peace agreement. The message sent wasn't just for Israelis, but also for those members of the Arab community that seek peaceful solutions.

Edited by geriatrickid

Its not even clear if FATAH claimed responsibility.the reports say that The al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed responsibility. That is not the same unit like FATAH.

Some reports are more specific and speak of the "Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades of Imad Mughniyeh" who claimed responsibility.

Meanwhile so called Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades officials denying that the attacks came from their ranks.

Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades of Imad Mughniyeh Claims Responsibility for Israel Attack

The "Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades of Imad Mughniyeh" claimed responsibility for a stabbing attack that killed five family members in Itamar, a settlement home to around 800 Israeli Jews, Pan Arab daily al-Hayat reported on Sunday

Yet at the same time they claim that it was not from within their ranks, so why claim responsibility then????

Perhaps what they trying to say is that the killers acted alone,which is already a known fact reported by IDF.

Don't miss this part of the article:

"Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades officials denied that the attack came from within their ranks."

So its probably just someone who claims to be from the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, that the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades are responsible. Meanwhile Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades officials deny that they are responsible.

Don't you think that is something NEW, worth to add?

All that surrounds the question how reliable is are source that claims that someone who claims to be from Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades and claimed responsibility. Is the culprit now found, can the case be closed? Because someone claimed something?

LaoPo

Simple yes or no question!!

Did you or did you not posted the following

but Israel is Israel, isn't it, considering this horrible murders happened in an illegal settlement on the West Bank; illegal by Palestinian- and International standards and Laws, not Israeli."

Do not dance around or bring up other information. Simple yes or no.

Also please point for me when i myself or any pro Israel posters blamed Palestinians as people and not Hammas or other terrorist groups

"Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades officials denied that the attack came from within their ranks."

So its probably just someone who claims to be from the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, that the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades are responsible. Meanwhile Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades officials deny that they are responsible.

All that surrounds the question how reliable is are source that claims that someone who claims to be from Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades and claimed responsibility. Is the culprit now found, can the case be closed? Because someone claimed something?

Now, that would be called selective reading.

Palestinian sources also told al-Hayat that either the perpetrator was acting alone, or had received instructions from abroad, suggesting that the group's name may indicate that it is under Hizbullah's command.

A classic example of attempting to divert the topic and to change the subject. The fact of the matter is that a family was murdered, including a baby that was sliced and diced in its bed. The justification offered in a roundabout way is that others have died. Nice logic. The fact that is also overlooked is that someone had to plan the attack and someone had to majke the decisio to take a knife and repeatedly stick it into a baby. In and out the blade went. We get the usual, "I condemn acts of violence, but......................." How about someone just say that the killings were wrong and whether the presence of the people in the area was right or wrong, there is no moral or legal basis to go out and murder a family. There is a condescending reference to the Israeli legal system. Again, another canard to distract from the issue at hand, that some sicko took a knife and repeatedly stabbed a baby.

Mr Kuffki was diverting the topic by painting me in a non-Israeli colour and being decisive who, what, which side and where I am in this tragic murdercase; that's why I repeated my message about the real figures between Israel and Palestinian casualties since another member, Mr UG was writing about "Plenty" of Israeli casualties and I replied with the REAL facts on both sides.

I strongly condemn this family murdercase but there's no need Mr Geriatrickid to be so overly graphic, describing the murders; it's not necessary.

But you're entirely correct that there is no moral nor legal basis to go out and murder a (Israeli) family, including young children; it's barbaric.

But, is there a moral and/or legal reason on both sides ?

I don't think so and I think both Palestina and Israel behave like barbarics, not even able to finally work hard towards a Peace solution but instead start throwing oil on the fire by deciding within 24 hours after the murders to build more Israeli homes on the West Bank....not even knowing WHO the real murderers are.

That's not a reaction of a self-controlling wise government; it's the decision of a hardline government and very unwise.

Peace is further away than ever, thanks to BOTH parties :bah:

Or do you think that the Palestinians are also allowed now to build 100 Palestinian homes on Israeli soil for every Palestinian, killed by the Israeli ?

Rhetorical question, of course <_<..don't bother to answer; I know the answer myself.

LaoPo

Now, that would be called selective reading.

Palestinian sources also told al-Hayat that either the perpetrator was acting alone, or had received instructions from abroad, suggesting that the group's name may indicate that it is under Hizbullah's command.

Selective reading of what?

I am just on the little mission to explain that some claims made somewhere isn't a 100% evidence that a certain group is responsible here. Is that so difficult to understand?

So called AAM brigades claim, so called AAM brigades officials deny. And now? believe what?

Creative reading is it to see here somewhere that Fatah claimed responsibility and creative investigation is it to declare Fatah for responsible.

The other paragraph from the article you quoted now is another issue. Its a claim that not Palestinians were responsible, but foreigners from abroad, because Imad Mughniyeh was from Lebanon.

Logic has no place in these Israeli/Palestinian discussions

You will be labeled an antisemitic don't ya know ?

A poster who bashes Israel at every opportunity is the one who asserted that lannabirth might be labeled "anti-Semitic" in order to suggest that there is no such thing. This is a common tactic among Israel-haters on the Internet. and none of the pro-Israel posters suggested it.

I do not think that lannabirth is anti-Semitic in any way. I do think that he is very misguided about some of his views, but I feel that way about most of the far-left these days.

:lol: Far left. I'm pretty conservative and most of the people that know me think I'm waaay conservative. Of course they're a bunch of lefties, so &lt;deleted&gt; do they know? If only a Republican was still a Republican, I'd most likely be a Republican. Sadly they're they lapdogs of various commercial and political interest, same as the Democrats (some of which are the same in the case of Israel and bankers). Probably time to start over.

There ya go ;)

You had to get a label as did I for having any thought that does not tow the *chosen* line. God help us if we should actually have an original thought of our own.

Funny because I like you have no horse in the race & would be happy to see it all resolved but it will not happen.

Because as I said....

"Logic has no place in these Israeli/Palestinian discussions"...imagine what it is like for the folks not discussing it on some far away forum but, actually living the nightmare on both sides.

The majority on both sides would probably do well on their own & have peace. Yet the zealots on both sides keep the fires burning.

Edited by flying

Label it what you will, terrorism, cold blooded murder, whatever, but no political cause no matter how much merit, justifies that.

Couldnt agree more. I look forward to your condemnation the next time the IDF slaughter Palestinian children gathering stones, bomb innocent women and children etc. But i wont hold my breath. You Zionists make me sick. Its all so one sided. How about condemning the illegal bulldoziing of palestinian houses in complete violation of United Nation resolutions? But thats ok isnt it, after all you are the chosen race, and Palestinians are not really people are they, animals really. The current calls for a no fly zone over Libya to put a stop to the regime there slaughtering their citizens is admirable. Anyone with an ounce of humanity would agree that this is the correct thing to do. But i dont seem to remember the international community calling for a no fly zone to be inforced over Israel when they were dropping phosphorous bombs and cluster bombs on women and children in the Lebanon a few years ago in complete violation of international law. But hey, thats ok, they are only arabs. Not as worthy as us. And the illegal settlers moving in on Palestinian land that has been lived in for centuries by native palestinians, even in violation of Israeli laws. But they say we have the right to this land because it is written in the old testament! LOL. The fact is when people are treated worse than animals, dont be surprised when they start to behave like animals. Before the Zionists on this forum come back at me with their oh so predictable replies accusing me of being anti semitic, holocaust denier etc, i can assure you nothing could be further from the truth. But the other side of the argument has to be put.

Label it what you will, terrorism, cold blooded murder, whatever, but no political cause no matter how much merit, justifies that.

Couldnt agree more. I look forward to your condemnation the next time the IDF slaughter Palestinian children gathering stones, bomb innocent women and children etc. But i wont hold my breath. You Zionists make me sick. Its all so one sided. How about condemning the illegal bulldoziing of palestinian houses in complete violation of United Nation resolutions? But thats ok isnt it, after all you are the chosen race, and Palestinians are not really people are they, animals really. The current calls for a no fly zone over Libya to put a stop to the regime there slaughtering their citizens is admirable. Anyone with an ounce of humanity would agree that this is the correct thing to do. But i dont seem to remember the international community calling for a no fly zone to be inforced over Israel when they were dropping phosphorous bombs and cluster bombs on women and children in the Lebanon a few years ago in complete violation of international law. But hey, thats ok, they are only arabs. Not as worthy as us. And the illegal settlers moving in on Palestinian land that has been lived in for centuries by native palestinians, even in violation of Israeli laws. But they say we have the right to this land because it is written in the old testament! LOL. The fact is when people are treated worse than animals, dont be surprised when they start to behave like animals. Before the Zionists on this forum come back at me with their oh so predictable replies accusing me of being anti semitic, holocaust denier etc, i can assure you nothing could be further from the truth. But the other side of the argument has to be put.

Maybe you don't realize it, but your rant sounds very much like a justification for those terror murders.

BTW, there are different kinds of Zionists and please don't suggest that all Zionists support the illegal settlements.

I do feel you have insulted all Zionists and I don't appreciate that, and yes, I do find that very unfairly hostile. What is the root value of Zionism?

in its broadest sense, has supported the self-determination of the Jewish people in a sovereign Jewish national homeland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism

The Palestinians also deserve a state. Obviously, there is a long term conflict over land and borders in the region.

I can assure you that not all Zionists are made sick by Palestinian nationalists, especially those that respect the right of Jewish Israel to exist with some reasonable borders. It is also very offensive to imply that all Zionists (or Jews, Israelis or whatever you REALLY mean) don't consider Arabs as human beings.

Obviously, there are too many extremists on both sides. Based on that post, I would indeed classify your politics in that way. Yes, one sided.

Edited by Jingthing

Funny because I like you have no horse in the race & would be happy to see it all resolved but it will not happen.

If that is true, why all the hateful posts about Israel for years in Outside the Box? Correct me if I am wrong, but you have posted virtually no criticism of Arab terrorists. Now it appears that some of the most ardent Israel-bashers have capitulated, most recently espousing hatred equally for both sides, unless of course, it is merely a tactic to appear unbiased with the plan to eventually return to selectively bashing Israel.

This story is very fishy. Israeli settlers are armed to the teeth and most if not all have served in the IDF.

How can anyone go into their homes and stab them to death? :ph34r:

Maybe the terrorists waited until they were asleep. :rolleyes:

I agree with Pampal; very fishy story.

The murders happened at 01.30AM and the Grandfather was warned about the murders at 03.00AM.

How come "they/neighbors/security" found out about the murders right after the murders happened and how do you know (and the newspapers as well) that the murderers were terrorists? :unsure:

LaoPo

Here's one conspiracy theory shot to pieces...

"The alarm was raised by the couple's 12-year-old daughter, who had been at an event organised by a religious youth movement on the settlement and returned home to find the bloodsoaked scene. Two other children, who had been asleep at the time of the attack, were unharmed."

If one believes the Guardian, read more here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/12/west-bank-jewish-family-killed

Now it appears that some of the most ardent Israel-bashers have capitulated, most recently espousing hatred equally for both sides, unless of course, it is merely a tactic to appear unbiased with the plan to eventually return to selectively bashing Israel.

A number of virulent Israel-haters have suddenly seen the light in the last several days and now claim that they feel that both sides are equally at fault.

It seems to me that they hate Israel so much that they are even willing to abandon the Hamas that they have defended for so long to make extra points, but that would be rather cynical now wouldn't it. ;)

I have just read in the newspaper here that the group claiming responsibility are well known to claim for things they haven't done. They often do this to obtain a higher profile. It also states that both Israel and Palestine are working together to find whoever did this.

I can't get the link as it is only in today's paper and they put it on the internet tonight (I suppose they want people to actually buy the paper first). I'll provide the link when it shows.

I have just read in the newspaper here that the group claiming responsibility are well known to claim for things they haven't done. They often do this to obtain a higher profile. It also states that both Israel and Palestine are working together to find whoever did this.

I can't get the link as it is only in today's paper and they put it on the internet tonight (I suppose they want people to actually buy the paper first). I'll provide the link when it shows.

Previous links from Jpost already stated that.

Its an interesting post, so perhaps you would not mind to share your view on a number of things.

To start with, Israel is home to over 1 million Arabs and Palestinians who work and live a normal life, have all the rights and actually mich more rights then any expat living in Thailand.

All the taxes collected from the Arab workers, Israel gives to PA

Those living in Israel are very happy with their life and would not change or move anywhere

Now according to your "balanced" post Israel treats Palestinians like animals, so perhaps you could explain why Israel is so selective in how it treats some and how it treats others.

Perhaps you overlooked that the ones living in Israel do not bomb it, attack it and DO recognize it, while the ones who have chosen the Hammas are too busy hating rather then trying to build country and infrastructure.

But wait, they have had 50 odd years to do build the economy, but have chosen to waste 50 odd years on attacking and trying to destroy Israel.

So how about you put the shoe where it fits, rather then just post away all the unfounded hate.

Furthermore, the so called Palestinian land did not belong to Palestine but to Syria, Jordan and Egypt and was lost during the wars which THEY have started.

Previous links from Jpost already stated that.

Typical, our newspapers way behind as usual. Thanks.:D

[Couldnt agree more. I look forward to your condemnation the next time the IDF slaughter Palestinian children gathering stones, bomb innocent women and children etc. But i wont hold my breath. You Zionists make me sick. Its all so one sided. How about condemning the illegal bulldoziing of palestinian houses in complete violation of United Nation resolutions? But thats ok isnt it, after all you are the chosen race, and Palestinians are not really people are they, animals really. The current calls for a no fly zone over Libya to put a stop to the regime there slaughtering their citizens is admirable. Anyone with an ounce of humanity would agree that this is the correct thing to do. But i dont seem to remember the international community calling for a no fly zone to be inforced over Israel when they were dropping phosphorous bombs and cluster bombs on women and children in the Lebanon a few years ago in complete violation of international law. But hey, thats ok, they are only arabs. Not as worthy as us. And the illegal settlers moving in on Palestinian land that has been lived in for centuries by native palestinians, even in violation of Israeli laws. But they say we have the right to this land because it is written in the old testament! LOL. The fact is when people are treated worse than animals, dont be surprised when they start to behave like animals. Before the Zionists on this forum come back at me with their oh so predictable replies accusing me of being anti semitic, holocaust denier etc, i can assure you nothing could be further from the truth. But the other side of the argument has to be put.

And away we go. The IDF does not intentionally slaughter Palestinian children gathering stones., nor bomb innocent women and children etc. What happens is that these people are used as shields behind which combatants hide. It is a common strategy in Afghanistan and in Iraq. Time and time again the staged videos circulated showing alleged IDF attacks have been shown to have been edited or falsified. And yet, there are those that cannot put their hatred to see the manipulation.

A large segment of the population trains and sends forth the combatants from Gaza view women as chattel and children as potential martyrs. It is hard for westerners that haven't been in one of the warzones to understand. Unfortunately, the groups that send forth the attackers have no hesitation in strapping explosives to women or children or the mentally infirm.

In respect to the no fly zone over Libya, you conveniently forget that the nations calling for such an action are those that are usually the first to condemn Israel. It is the arab league that has now called for the no fly zone. It wasn't the USA. Most of the western nations realize that there was no legal basis upon which to have the no fly zone.

Have you ever been to Israel or the west bank? How about Iraq. The people going kaboom in the Iraqi markets and mosques aren't fighting zionists or Israel. Have you been to Jordan. Why don't you go and see first hand before condemning anyone that doesn't meet your political tastes.

Edited by geriatrickid

If that is true, why all the hateful posts about Israel for years in Outside the Box? Correct me if I am wrong,

Ok I will........your wrong

Dont blame me for your lack of comprehension in regards to my posts.

If I call a spade a spade it is because it was earned by actions

You will note I have been highly critical of the US Military Industrial Complex as well.

What you call hateful posts was my complaining about our country (USA) giving handouts to Israel in the form of weaponry which they in turn use in wrongful over compensation against others.

Just because you play a lawyer on TV does not make it possible to twist the truth nor my words.

Edited by flying

And away we go. The IDF does not intentionally slaughter Palestinian children gathering stones., nor bomb innocent women and children etc. What happens is that these people are used as shields behind which combatants hide. It is a common strategy in Afghanistan and in Iraq. Time and time again the staged videos circulated showing alleged IDF attacks have been shown to have been edited or falsified. And yet, there are those that cannot put their hatred to see the manipulation.

A large segment of the population trains and sends forth the combatants from Gaza view women as chattel and children as potential martyrs. It is hard for westerners that haven't been in one of the warzones to understand. Unfortunately, the groups that send forth the attackers have no hesitation in strapping explosives to women or children or the mentally infirm.

In respect to the no fly zone over Libya, you conveniently forget that the nations calling for such an action are those that are usually the first to condemn Israel. It is the arab league that has now called for the no fly zone. It wasn't the USA. Most of the western nations realize that there was no legal basis upon which to have the no fly zone.

Have you ever been to Israel or the west bank? How about Iraq. The people going kaboom in the Iraqi markets and mosques aren't fighting zionists or Israel. Have you been to Jordan. Why don't you go and see first hand before condemning anyone that doesn't meet your political tastes.

The IDF does intentially slaughter Palestinian children gathering stones etc. I don't care if they are used as shields SOMETIMES. It doesn't stop the IDF killing them.

You are quite happy to be cynical of those other than Israel but when Israel reports things you aren't so judgmental. The majority of the world has had enough of Israel riding roughshod over UN resolutions and then crying 'poor me'. Time to wake up and smell the grass because you are in a minority.

Australian government agrees with and is pushing for a no fly zone in Libya. Are they usually the first to condemn Israel?

http://www.courierma...f-1226019493389

Edited by Wallaby

The IDF does intentially slaughter Palestinian children gathering stones etc. I don't care if they are used as shields SOMETIMES...

Gathering stones to throw at Israelis? I doubt it.

They do kill them by mistake when targeting active missile launchers that Hamas had purposely put in areas with human shields.