Health Food Stores In Cm?

DocHolliday2006

Aden shop on Nimanhamin, just after Soi 12 heading south on the right hand side.

Baan Suan Pak, in a area just of off Wichayanon Road leading from the north east corner of the moat towards Amercian consulate, just past President Hotel /Fabrique night club on the right hand side. You will see Vegetarian Thai Orchid restaurant at the entrance to the area.

Good Health, just up from Suriwong book centre on Sridonchai heading west on the left.

Santi Asoke - Chiang Mai Vegetarain Society just after Niyom Panich electrical shop heading north from Airport Plaza on Mahidol Road. This is usually the cheapest for most things.

I know these aren't great directions but I don't know how well you know Chiang Mai.

Good health is a load of rubbish, just a complete money making scam.

Most of their products are extremely harmful.

Could you elaborate? I was there today and they sell many products that are also available elsewhere in CM including the other places I mentioned as well as Tops and Rimping.

Could you elaborate? I was there today and they sell many products that are also available elsewhere in CM including the other places I mentioned as well as Tops and Rimping.

They do have an incredibly wide selection but most of their products are just very good marketing, nothing that natural about them. The creams and washes I picked up all contained Titanium Dioxide among other such as Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. When I asked the owner if he had anything chemical free he replied and this is no joke "it is good to have chemicals in."

I also asked the assistant for a natural vitamin supplement and she gave me that blackwalls rubbish you can buy here, the ones that will never dissolve due to their fillers hence a complete waste which will just pass. Their food I can guarantee is not organic, just ask.

.Seriously Id' shop somewhere else, they owner doesnt have a clue. He seems like a nice guy and Im sure he is but its just products like I say with very good marketing.

Any good health food stores in CM? I'm especially looking for raw nuts and seeds. I've seen nuts in supermarkets but they're all heated/steamed/salted/fried in oil.

Go to Yok for your nuts. As an example, Kasem will do you a 500gm bag of raw almonds for 260 Baht, whereas Yok will sell a 500gm bag for just 170 Baht. Yok is perhaps half a Km further down the Super Highway than Carrefour and on the opposite side of the road.

So you pass Carrefour and take the next u-turn and head back towards Doi Suthep. Keep your eyes open because these places are easy to miss on a first visit. They have lots of different nuts, seeds, and other goodies in there too, but as i'm not a health nut (forgive the pun! :)), you'll have to make your own mind up as to whether this shop is what you're looking for.

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

Last time that i looked all the "health foods' were full of white flour and sugar. I'm not sure why they call it a health food shop. :blink:

Does it go by "Yok Intertrade" ? Here is the map: http://www.openchiangmai.com/chiangmai_map.php?map=Yok%20Intertrade%20Chiang%20Mai#mrkmap2

Any good health food stores in CM? I'm especially looking for raw nuts and seeds. I've seen nuts in supermarkets but they're all heated/steamed/salted/fried in oil.

Go to Yok for your nuts. As an example, Kasem will do you a 500gm bag of raw almonds for 260 Baht, whereas Yok will sell a 500gm bag for just 170 Baht. Yok is perhaps half a Km further down the Super Highway than Carrefour and on the opposite side of the road.

So you pass Carrefour and take the next u-turn and head back towards Doi Suthep. Keep your eyes open because these places are easy to miss on a first visit. They have lots of different nuts, seeds, and other goodies in there too, but as i'm not a health nut (forgive the pun! :)), you'll have to make your own mind up as to whether this shop is what you're looking for.

Aitch