Chiang Mai Accommodation Good And Bad

bristolgeoff

if anyone is coming to stay in chiang mai for a long time,avoid guesthouse khamphangdin rd.ais chiang mia office is on the corner if you can not find the soi.the landlord will not give a you a break, rent starts on the first of each mth.not like many others who start the rent period when u arrive.if you leave half way thru the mth you will lose the rest of the mth.if you want to stay a few days past the mth you will be charged 500 baht on a day rate.

a better place i checked out was veerachai court soi 2 off thapae rd,it has a web site that u can book online.also when u arrive at the place the mthly rent starts.a better deal for the long term people who chose to stay in chiang mai.so be aware of the places that try to rip off the farang.always read the water and electricity meters too, before you move in too.

they are many fine guest houses in chiang mai that are tourist friendly so always check them out first

Edited by sbk
no name and shame

<br />Would like to second Veerachai Court. Spent many an enjoyable month there. Back again for 2 weeks in August.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I agree re Veerachai Court. Many 'long term stay' westerners have used this for years and I have never heard a single complaint.

However, the OP complaint is so badly written I can barely understand his criticisms of the other place. I'm surprised the mods allowed this vague (named!) criticism.

Come on, OP, have another go and tell us exactly what was wrong, unusual, unexpected, and why?

Why carn't all of us us re-read our posts befoee hiting 'Ad Replie' and corect all our eras?

i stayed there for 2 mths the owner was making life difficult from the start.i lost days when i first arrived because of the rent period start date.i accepted that,but towards the end he wanted another mths rent,including the deposit.so when i leave half way thru the mth i would lose the remaining mth.that is when i checked out veerachai court and found out they operate a fairer system for the long term farang.also by checking the water meter and electricity meter i was paying the right price,not the price he wanted me to pay from his readings.i hope this makes my topic easier for you,i will be checking the apartments or rooms more careful from now on.i would not recomend np court to anyone BE AWARE

<br />Would like to second Veerachai Court. Spent many an enjoyable month there. Back again for 2 weeks in August.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I agree re Veerachai Court. Many 'long term stay' westerners have used this for years and I have never heard a single complaint.

However, the OP complaint is so badly written I can barely understand his criticisms of the other place. I'm surprised the mods allowed this vague (named!) criticism.

Come on, OP, have another go and tell us exactly what was wrong, unusual, unexpected, and why?

Why carn't all of us us re-read our posts befoee hiting 'Ad Replie' and corect all our eras?

I understood what he said just fine, this isn't an English school exam. If everyone on the forum bitched about grammatical errors every time someone posted, nothing useful would be posted at all.

<br /><br /><br />

I understood what he said just fine, this isn't an English school exam. If everyone on the forum bitched about grammatical errors every time someone posted, nothing useful would be posted at all.

Edited by rickthailand