Thai Dialogs

ninjat

Thanks, but the pdf files doesn't have Thai script (I hate transcriptions, think it's a major mistake not to learn to read/write Thai from the beginning)

thailanguagewiki.com has Thai script, English, and sound only - no transliteration - using the FSI materials, we spent months typing the Thai script.

I gave the url to the original FSI materials for those who do use/need transliteration. Take your pick.

Thanks, but the pdf files doesn't have Thai script (I hate transcriptions, think it's a major mistake not to learn to read/write Thai from the beginning)

thailanguagewiki.com has Thai script, English, and sound only - no transliteration - using the FSI materials, we spent months typing the Thai script.

I gave the url to the original FSI materials for those who do use/need transliteration. Take your pick.

Awesome! Didn't see that one.

Thanks a lot. Just what I was looking for.

Thai Language Wiki has dialogues, drills, the works. There are 40 lessons in all, in Thai script and English. Transliteration still to be added but you can download the pdfs with transliteration from here: http://fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php?page=Thai.

That's really good. I like the listed introduction of new vocabulary accompanying different dialogs.

I like Thai-Flashcards.com, they send me a email daily with new sentences. No dialogs per se, but thought I'd give them a referral here. Here is an example email:

Hello oakweb!

Sentence of the Day (Advanced):

เพื่อนร่วมงานของฉันไม่ได้อยู่ที่สำนักงานในตอนนี้

My colleague is not in the office at the moment.

Words of Today's Sentence:

เพื่อนร่วมงาน phûean rûam ngaan colleague [Details]

ของ khǒong 1. of 2. stuff [Details]

ฉัน chǎn I, me [Details]

ไม่ได้ mât dâai cannot [Details]

อยู่ yùu 1. to live, to be at 2. still [Details]

ที่ thîi 1. at 2. when 3. place 4. (classifier for locations and meals) 5. which 6. (prefix used to create ordinal numbers) 7. for [Details]

สำนักงาน sǎm nák ngaan office [Details]

ใน nai in [Details]

ตอนนี้ toon níi now, at the moment [Details]

Review past sentences: Yesterday's, 4 Days ago, 1 Week ago, 2 Weeks ago, 1 Month ago, 2 Months ago

I have wanted to get the FSI materials in Thai as the only copy that I have is all transliterated. Could you give me the URL for the files so that I may download it. I would really appreciate it and I also was so happy to see that you had done this! THANK YOU!

Anyse

Edited by Anyse

Desi,

I tried to log into the Thai Wiki Program and it said that I cannot have an account there. Is this required so that progess and such can be monitored withing Wiki? Or is this really just for administrators working on the files?

Anyse, Logging into the WIki is only for those editing. At the moment pdf files are not available so until we update the course to get copies with Thai script I'm afraid it's cut and paste (update = update the phrases and sound)

• 5 months later...

Anyse, Logging into the WIki is only for those editing. At the moment pdf files are not available so until we update the course to get copies with Thai script I'm afraid it's cut and paste (update = update the phrases and sound)

i read all of these and posted a load of corrections off to catherine but they've still not been updated.

Great effort otherwise and is a little bible of mine for getting grammar down.

• 2 weeks later...

This site (link below) is interesting. It's a screenplay I suppose for a TV show or something,

The script actors can use to learn their lines. Except for setting the scene it's all

dialogue, and there is lots of it. I haven't gotten very far yet, but Saman has returned

from fishing and didn't catch anything. It's supposed to be funny I think

because it has บทละครพูดชวนหัว up top.

http://www.reurnthai.com/wiki/บทละครพูดชวนหัว_น้อยอินทเสน