Buying $Usd

StevieH

Hi

go to the S.K. Money Changer at Charoenprathet Rd. near the night bazar down along the ping river (opp. Diamond Hotel).

You might want to call them ph. 053-818118 for rates.

at bangkok bank you can get dollars too..but have to fill out some forms...

cheers

Saswasdee Khrup, Khun Stevie H.,

Check out Thai exchange rates compared to get an idea of the different rates being offered up to date (how frequently updated: don't know).

Just called the "SK Money Changer" mentioned on this thread, and asked about the exchange rate for selling US $100 notes: they quoted 30.3 baht per dollar.

Using the website linked to above to look at what buying US $ will cost you at Bangkok Bank for US $ 50-100 notes: they quote a rate of 0.0326264: so you pay 1000 baht: you get US $ 32.6264

Of course by the time you get whereever, these figures may have changed.

best, ~o:37;

I noticed at one of the banks last week they were selling low denomination US bill for the same as 50 or 100. Another way to take a little more from the potential traveler. No this did not apply to their exchange rate for you buying baht.

Just a heads up - I went to SK a few weeks ago to buy some AUD. I did not have my passport with me but did have a photocopy in my wallet. The woman in the office recognized me and came out and told me that she had warned me before "must have original passport now". I had to come back the next day with my passport, so bring your original passport.

Saswasdee Khrup, Khun Stevie H.,

Check out Thai exchange rates compared to get an idea of the different rates being offered up to date (how frequently updated: don't know).

Just called the "SK Money Changer" mentioned on this thread, and asked about the exchange rate for selling US $100 notes: they quoted 30.3 baht per dollar.

Using the website linked to above to look at what buying US $ will cost you at Bangkok Bank for US $ 50-100 notes: they quote a rate of 0.0326264: so you pay 1000 baht: you get US $ 32.6264

Of course by the time you get whereever, these figures may have changed.

best, ~o:37;

that's a help man, thanks.

Just a heads up - I went to SK a few weeks ago to buy some AUD. I did not have my passport with me but did have a photocopy in my wallet. The woman in the office recognized me and came out and told me that she had warned me before "must have original passport now". I had to come back the next day with my passport, so bring your original passport.

aye, always best to have one's passport when changing cash of any variety i find.