Any Fitness Gyms South Part Of Chiang Mai?

alexpoker

Hey guys,

Looking for a fitness gym near Hang Dong Road area - Near Big C south of the city. Doesnt have to be fancy or anything. I asked the woman at my local muay thai gym how much she would charge for letting me use the weights 3-4 times a week, to which she replied 1k per week. lol?

She said she could go down to 500 per week but I still think thats very expensive since they dont even have a proper bench press.

Any ideas?

I looked at dam_n near every gym because I like a "nice gym"...easily the best in CM is California wow in the airport plaza...

Last year I read a thread here about CM gyms but I found the ones each person mentioned I didnt like and I looked at them all

of course, if you are looking for cheap its not cali wow...I paid nearly 5ish.k bhat for 3 months...last year in bkk i got a month for 1800bhat

now before the mall opens you need to use service entrance and lift to 4th floor which I had to figure out the hard way waiting for mall to open and seeing people had been working out:(

it's clean, has alot of cardio and pretty nice free weights, as well as many machines, yoda, locker rooms group exercise

They will start high the shorter your stay...I wouldnt expect to get less than 1800 for a month...this is without towel service...but if you like to negoitaite, which i don't so I do the dance a bit then when I hear what I call a fair price i just do it

as a whole, after 8 months on 2 trips to thaialnd,,,,the gym or decent fitness is way over priced compare to the US anyway...but for me I have to like the gym to motivate myself to workout

Many farang w/o there, many thai too but sometimes I wonder if there is a thai price and a farang price

I paid 4k bhat in BKK for this sweet gym and pool at a hotel....but that was way to pricey even for my tastes...but then again I paid 22k for rent my first visit and now about 5k so you live and learn...

best of luck

I looked at dam_n near every gym because I like a "nice gym"...easily the best in CM is California wow in the airport plaza...

Last year I read a thread here about CM gyms but I found the ones each person mentioned I didnt like and I looked at them all

of course, if you are looking for cheap its not cali wow...I paid nearly 5ish.k bhat for 3 months...last year in bkk i got a month for 1800bhat

now before the mall opens you need to use service entrance and lift to 4th floor which I had to figure out the hard way waiting for mall to open and seeing people had been working out:(

it's clean, has alot of cardio and pretty nice free weights, as well as many machines, yoda, locker rooms group exercise

They will start high the shorter your stay...I wouldnt expect to get less than 1800 for a month...this is without towel service...but if you like to negoitaite, which i don't so I do the dance a bit then when I hear what I call a fair price i just do it

as a whole, after 8 months on 2 trips to thaialnd,,,,the gym or decent fitness is way over priced compare to the US anyway...but for me I have to like the gym to motivate myself to workout

Many farang w/o there, many thai too but sometimes I wonder if there is a thai price and a farang price

I paid 4k bhat in BKK for this sweet gym and pool at a hotel....but that was way to pricey even for my tastes...but then again I paid 22k for rent my first visit and now about 5k so you live and learn...

best of luck

It's a big hassle to get to the 4th floor - because the airport plaza shopping center opens only at 1100h. stair, security, bad old lifts.....I told the WOW manager Christina...a christian I believe...the have a lift for the WOW only.

I got a good deal after some hard bargaining, 1000 baht a months. however i used the daily morning yoga session but they turn the air con off and later for the meditation turn on ice-cold again! my complaints were ignored!

cheers

It's a big hassle to get to the 4th floor - because the airport plaza shopping center opens only at 1100h. stair, security, bad old lifts.....I told the WOW manager Christina...a christian I believe...the have a lift for the WOW only.

I got a good deal after some hard bargaining, 1000 baht a months. however i used the daily morning yoga session but they turn the air con off and later for the meditation turn on ice-cold again! my complaints were ignored!

cheers

If you park in the back (I ride m.bike) as I do the service entrance has 2 lifts next to each other and I find it easy and fast entry and exit as I hardly ever walk around the mall unless I want to see movie times or need something shopping....the service entrance is to the right as you exit cali wow

1000bhat a month is a great deal, I am guessing you don't do short term like me...

If it's not too far for you, try the large hotels in the city. Most of them have a nice fitness center with swimming pool, sauna, steam, group classes, towel services, for 1000-1500B/month. Cheaper for annual memberships.

I think there maybe a fitness center in the Tesco Lotus as well, but I've never seen it.

Edited by CMSteve

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a gym on the hang dong road area. I saw a closed down gym in tesco lotus the other day but thats it. I may go and have a look at the one in airport plaza but the last thing i want to do is want through a busy shopping mall after a hot sweaty work out.

The only thing i can do is check it out my self!

I'm also looking for a gym on the hang dong road area. I saw a closed down gym in tesco lotus the other day but thats it. I may go and have a look at the one in airport plaza but the last thing i want to do is want through a busy shopping mall after a hot sweaty work out.

The only thing i can do is check it out my self!

You don't have to, the 2 service lifts are less than 100ft as you exit Cali wow...easily nicest gym in CM as I looked at them all as well as the hotel ones...and open before mall even opens

• 9 months later...

The sales staff is brutal there though. Very rude and pushy and I went in tonight to purchase a 3 month membership for 4000 baht (as it was being advertised on their website) and they tried to sell it to me for nearly 7000.

I'm living right across the street so it's unfortunate as it's def. the most convenient facility for me.