Afl Grand Finals

Pink Mist

Travis Gaspar has just been cleared to play in the GF also.

The tribunal took the easy way out with these cases.

I think they had to take the easy way out . The AFL dont want the courts over ruling the tribunal.

If you remember the last time the swans were in the grand final , Dunkley the fullback was suspended and they took out a court injunction and he played in the grand final but was later suspended , and this just made a mockery of the tribunal.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO opinion Hall was a d1ckhead and deserved a week, what was he thinking but the west coast guy, an elbow to the head is allways malicious he should have got a couple.

Roo got one for a fair bump so where is the consistency?

Roos case was a bit more serious. It was a charge with an elbow contact , which the tribunal seem to have come down hard on over the last few years.Being a final he was lucky only to get 1 week , had it been a home & away game he would have got more.

the tribunal is a mockery.

another point the vics are saying this is the first time Sydney have been in a final since the dark ages, correct me if I am wrong but sydney have never been in a final, maybe the vic club they were cloned from did but this is afl not vfl.

the truth is the afl really want sydney to succeed, it reallis a paradox for them

another point the vics are saying this is the first time Sydney have been in a final since the dark ages, correct me if I am wrong but sydney have never been in a final, maybe the vic club they were cloned from did but this is afl not vfl.

the truth is the afl really want sydney to succeed, it reallis a paradox for them

Sydney were in the grand final in the late 90s when they had Tony Locket. Sory i cant remember exactly which year but i think it was aginst the Kangaroos.

Before that South Melbourne as they were then last played in what was called the bloodbath grand final against Carlton in 1945.

Its all about tv rights and money these days. A few years back when Sydney were in financial trouble, all of the other teams wanted to close Sydney down untill they did their sums and worked out how much money was being generated from the tv rights.

Sydney were in the grand final in the late 90s when they had Tony Locket. Sory i cant remember exactly which year but i think it was aginst the Kangaroos.

Before that South Melbourne as they were then last played in what was called the bloodbath grand final against Carlton in 1945.

Its all about tv rights and money these days. A few years back when Sydney were in financial trouble, all of the other teams wanted to close Sydney down untill they did their sums and worked out how much money was being generated from the tv rights.

1996 beaten by the Shinboners,lockett kicked six,

exactly right 1996 and lost, prior to that 1933, but it wernt the swans :o

the mexicans cant let go, one day it wont even be a grand final in mexico, mass suicides Id reckon, maybe eddy would be first :D

Personally i dont have a problem with non mexican teams in the grand final or for that matter having it played outside of mexico.

At least it will keep all of the riff raff interstate supporters out of mexico. Its bad enough having to put up with eddy and his Collywobble supporters.

The 3 man tribunal that cleared Hall consisted of Emmett Dunne, Wayne Schimmelbusch, a former Sydney teammate of Hall, and Stewart Loewe, a friend and former St Kilda teammate of Hall. Anyone surprised they decided to downgrade the charge on the grounds it was part of the play despite the ball being 40 metres away at the time? The fact that Hall kicked a goal when the ball came down a short time later with his opponent still incapacitated has been largely ignored.

Having said that, I, and most Eagles supporters, want a full strength Sydney side on the field for the big one! No excuses!

It's been suggested the system should be changed to hold over suspensions to the next season as the penalty of missing a GF is out of proportion to the offence. Similar to jockeys being allowed to ride big feature races before serving suspensions. Worth a thought? :o

The 3 man tribunal that cleared Hall consisted of Emmett Dunne, Wayne Schimmelbusch, a former Sydney teammate of Hall, and Stewart Loewe, a friend and former St Kilda teammate of Hall. Anyone surprised they decided to downgrade the charge on the grounds it was part of the play despite the ball being 40 metres away at the time? The fact that Hall kicked a goal when the ball came down a short time later with his opponent still incapacitated has been largely ignored.

Having said that, I, and most Eagles supporters, want a full strength Sydney side on the field for the big one! No excuses!

It's been suggested the system should be changed to hold over suspensions to the next season as the penalty of missing a GF is out of proportion to the offence. Similar to jockeys being allowed to ride big feature races before serving suspensions. Worth a thought? :o

I heard Sheedy put that suggestion forward on the morning show, he also added that the suspension should occur when playing the team the offense took place occured.

any thoughts

It would be great if the AFL umpire's, would send a player off to the "Sin Bin" at the time of the wrong doing, for the rest of the game or 10 minutes etc....its a much better way....its fun for the fans in the crowd aswell, sometimes I think that the AFL forget about the fans....The AFL should remember that soccer and Rugby Union are growing stronger every year ( and deserve to ) in Australia....

Edited by Siam_superfly

It seems that downgrading Halls offence was the only legal outcome they could choose..The AFL sent DVD,s to the clubs pre-season showing examples of what was the definition of behind the play . If the offending player is likely to be the next receiver of the ball then he is deemed to be in the play and as a Sydney player had the ball ,allbut 40 metres away ,Hall would have most likely been the next receiver.. (clear as mud eh.)

It was hard not to be excited. Congrat's to both teams :D

I didn't get excited. Oh sorry. Yes I did. Lost my soap in the shower this morning. :D

Don't tell me its like the nuns.

Where one said where's the soap?

and the other replied Yes. It does doesn't it?

LOL

You have me worried

:o

C

Edited by carlthailand

What a fantastic result. :D

Not only pis*es off all the Victorian purists but the Queenslanders as well.  :D

did you hear the speeches today zed, they were calling it a south melbourne victory :o

Yep, I heard the "first time in 72 years" line also :D

But we both know the truth :D

They weren't calling it for Fitzroy when Brisbane was winning

Would Bronco refer to anything north of the border by any chance? :D

A great win for the AFL Tribunal...... :o

The Swans did well on the day though and deserve the win....they closed down the WC midfield and the flooding tactics worked well.

Reckon Big Boof Barry will miss a few weeks for the coathanger on Wirrapunda....exactly the reason why he should not have played in the first place, he really is an uneducated thug.

A great win for the AFL Tribunal...... :o

The Swans did well on the day though and deserve the win....they closed down the WC midfield and the flooding tactics worked well.

Reckon Big Boof Barry will miss a few weeks for the coathanger on Wirrapunda....exactly the reason why he should not have played in the first place, he really is an uneducated thug.

Burnsie, Good to see you on the boards.

You must be pretty dissapointed mate. The Weagles had no forwardline structure at all. Not having Lynch or Matera didnt help . Havnt seen the stats but i would think that West Coast had a lot more inside 50s than the Swans.

IMO the West Coast had a lot more tallent but were just outplayed on the day.