Afl Grand Finals

Pink Mist

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sydney just flogged the Saints, Crows and west coast tomorrow and next week is the decider, what do you guys think??

Before the finals started I picked an Adelaide v Sydney grand final with Sydney winning. (sad for an Eagles supporter)

Late news.. Hall delivered a big round house to an opponents midsection tonight. It is on video. It's been worth a week for everyone else this year. Big Barry may not play the grand final. :o

whichever way it goes no victorian teams are in the big one again :o

Yes it is good to see the latest tradition of the AFL premiership going outside Victoria will be continued. Nothing really p***es off the victorians more than a non victorian team winning the grand final.

Personally the only problem with that is that my poor old cats are still without a premiership since '63.

Next year maybe. (Been saying that for a few years now)

Fingers crossed I hope to be able to watch the game somewhere next week.

Go Sydney :D

Oh well. :o

Should be a gr8 Grand Final.

Nothin' like being a non-vic game. Somethin' they really hate.

Have to get next Saturday off for sure. <deleted> it means I been here for a year now.

So where's a good place to watch it. Last year I was at The Office but viewing was not so great. Might just have to start earlier. LOL

Go Sydney....

Carl

Bloody finals tipping is about as good as my home and away effort. Picked a Saints / Crows GF :D

Just arrived in Perth for a couple of weeks and barracked for Freo thru the year so to keep the Finals Party alive and to give my daughters the shits I will be barracking for the SWANS and consuming a few Emu Bitters :o

Bloody finals tipping is about as good as my home and away effort. Picked a Saints / Crows GF :D

Just arrived in Perth for a couple of weeks and barracked for Freo thru the year so to keep the Finals Party alive and to give my daughters the shits I will be barracking for the SWANS and consuming a few Emu Bitters :o

Same, same, my tipping is about as good as Superfly :D

yes jai dee swans v west coast final.

go the swannies.

barry hall will probally miss the final aftter the rabbit punch he gave a st kilda player,i still think the swannies will win without him.

You managed to get one thing right! :D:D

Without Hall they wont have a chance.....Carn the eagles

he hasn't been booked so far :o

He has now,they offered him one week holiday if he pleads guilty,you can imagine the reply. Swans have said they will go to court if he cops guilty by reason of restraint of trade ,that will probably let him play . :D

he hasn't been booked so far :D

He has now,they offered him one week holiday if he pleads guilty,you can imagine the reply. Swans have said they will go to court if he cops guilty by reason of restraint of trade ,that will probably let him play . :D

The Eagles have lost their centre half forward (Gaspar) for one week also. Very similar circumstances. Somehow this hasn't attracted the same publicity as Halls case. :o

he hasn't been booked so far :D

The Eagles have lost their centre half forward (Gaspar) for one week also. Very similar circumstances. Somehow this hasn't attracted the same publicity as Halls case. :D

Talk about trial by media, if it was a civil court it would have been tossed out, Melbourne papers and journo,s reckon macquire got hit with a thunderbolt while Sydney papers called it a love tap, The tribunal reckon it and the Gaspar elbow to the head were of the same severity,I know which one I,d prefer to catch :o

Hall is still 50 50 on apeal. Swans have got to prove that the ball was in play within proximity of the incident. If 10 meters is proximity :D

Gaspar's thing occured before the start of play so he may still have a chance also.

Radio is abuzz with this and these are the latest opinions from the 'experts' :o

Edit: Congradulations to Ben Cousins for winning the Brownlow medal.

Edited by bdenner

Hall cleared to play in AFL grand final

19:24 AEST Tue Sep 20 2005

AAP

Sydney Swans captain Barry Hall was cleared to play in Saturday's AFL grand final by the AFL tribunal on Tuesday night.

Hall pleaded guilty to striking St Kilda's Matt Maguire but convinced the tribunal to downgrade the severity of the charge.

After hearing evidence for an hour and 15 minutes, the tribunal jury took four minutes to clear Hall.

©AAP 2005