How To Make The Most Delicious Chrysanthemum Tea

farang000999

• 8 months later...

I don't know if you've already found a stash of dried Chrysanthemum flowers to make tea. If not, try amazon.com for the dried flowers. For 4 oz., you'll pay close to $10 plus a couple of dollars for shipping. It comes with instructions in English.

Many Asian grocery stores in the U.S. carry instant Chrysanthemum tea. My local Thai store in Central Florida carries Mae Chaeng brand that costs $1.59 for a pack of 12.

Edited by Polsci

• 2 weeks later...

In addition, I currently use Master Chef which is the brand imported from Mainland China. The small pack should last me a year even if I drink this tea everyday. The 6 oz.-pack of dried Chrysanthemum flowers cost less than $3 at another larger Asian supermarket in Florida. Herbal teas are normally shelved with other regular teas.

Method A:

Boil a pot of water (6 cups).

Add 4-5 dried flowers and boil for another 5 minutes.

The longer the flowers stay in the boiling water, the stronger the flavor and darker the color.

Turn off the heat.

Pick out the cooked flowers, or run the brew through a mesh strainer.

Add sugar to your preference.

Drink it hot, warm (let it cool down) or cold (by adding ice cubes or chilling it in the fridge).

That refreshing taste and sweet fragrance should bring you back to LOS.

Some recipes call for a steeping method just like the way you put a tea bag in a cup of hot water for however long you wish the strength of the tea to be.