Donations For Tsunami Survivors.

killakenz

Donate online to The Red Cross, they're a good organisation and you can specify the Tsunami relief.

I was thinking more along the lines of material items. i.e. cloths, toiletries, canned foods etc.

Money will be utilised much quicker.

Donate online to The Red Cross, they're a good organisation and you can specify the Tsunami relief.

I was thinking more along the lines of material items. i.e. cloths, toiletries, canned foods etc.

And donations to the American Red Cross can often be matched by companies, doubling the amount you are giving.

http://dealnews.com/dealnews-Will-Match-Up-to-25-000-in-donations-for-Japan-Relief-updated-/443459.html

And donations to the American Red Cross can often be matched by companies, doubling the amount you are giving.

http://dealnews.com/...ed-/443459.html

I'm not sure that the OP was being serious, I am sure he knows the best way to get relief to these poor people in such circumstances. However, he has highlighted that it is important to help as much one is able.

i do feel sorry for them but japan is the 3rds world largest economy

i think theres other country's that need help more than them but not as well documented on bbc news so are over looked

You have a point CG and one wonders where all the hundred's of millions pumped in Haiti went?

That was some time ago and nothing seems to have happened, except it's now out of vogue and someone's probably getting fat..

Nevertheless, one should donate according to how they see things and be it Haiti or Japan, I think the Red Cross do good work at getting emergency relief/aid through.

Japan has actually asked that material items not be sent.

They are over burdened & say it would only create confusion & the need for more manpower.

Just monetary donations being accepted at this time.

As mentioned Red Cross is always good & they also have a few others ways now

Go online to redcross and donate or

Call 1-800-733-2767

You can also Text REDCROSS to 90999 for an automatic $10 donation

Although I do not know if that works from Thailand

Edited by flying

i do agree that the red cross does a great job and bless them for it i just get a bit fed up with the news dictating who and how much we should feel sorry for people

one million people slaughtered in Rwanda no one lifts a finger

no help for the people of Libya that have lived under a cruel dictator for over 40 years until of course they need help producing oil when its all over

so now our compassion is limited to those we like or need ?

or those we call allies i think japan deserves our sympathy but i think your donations could be but to better use ells were

the costs are estimated at around 100 million pounds 150 million dollars or there abouts to rebuild and rehouse the people in the effected areas

for a country as rich as japan that is not a lot of money at all

i do agree that the red cross does a great job and bless them for it i just get a bit fed up with the news dictating who and how much we should feel sorry for people

one million people slaughtered in Rwanda no one lifts a finger

no help for the people of Libya that have lived under a cruel dictator for over 40 years until of course they need help producing oil when its all over

so now our compassion is limited to those we like or need ?

or those we call allies i think japan deserves our sympathy but i think your donations could be but to better use ells were

the costs are estimated at around 100 million pounds 150 million dollars or there abouts to rebuild and rehouse the people in the effected areas

for a country as rich as japan that is not a lot of money at all

I think you'll find that's 100-150 billion.

I do understand what you are saying though, if countries can pump almost a trillion dollars into banks and stock exchanges, they should be able to pay their own re-building costs.

I donate to The Red X and trust they will use the money wisely to help provide emergency relief for disaster victims wherever they are.

Help for Japan

By The Nation

Where to donate

-TMB Bank urges all to donate to a special account 001-9-11447-9 at Phaholyothin Branch. Fees are waived for ATM and internet transfers. Proceeds will be given to Japan through Thai Red Cross Society.

- Siam Makro mobilises donations until March 27 at all branches. Proceeds will be forwarded to Japan's Red Cross.

- Bangkok Bank, Emporium branch; account number 096-3-015-995; Krobkrua Khao 3 Chuayleu Phuprasoppai Yipoon account set up by Channel 3.

-- Bangkok Bank; account number 101-3-426-778. Transfer fees to the bank's branches in Osaka and Tokyo are waived.

-- Bank of Ayudhya, Ploenchit branch; account number 001-9-42787-1; Namjai Thai Chuay Pai Tsunami Yipoon account set up by Channel 7.

-- Krung Thai Bank, Sam Yod branch; account number 002-0-271-468; Ngern Borijak Chuayleu Phuprasoppai Thi Yipoon account set up by the Foreign Ministry.

-- Krungthai Bank, Surawong branch; account number 023-606799-0; Samnak Jadha Raidai Sapakachatthai account set up by the Thai Red Cross Society. Proof of funds transferred along with the donor's name, address and phone number should be faxed to (02) 652 4440 or (02) 250 0312. The society can be contacted via 1664, (02) 256 4440 and (02) 256 4035-6. Details are also available at www.redcross.or.th/news/information/6215

-- Siam Commercial Bank; current account number 111-3-90911-5; Siam Commercial Foundation-Siam Commercial bank for Disaster Victims account. All transfer fees are waived. The funds will be handed over to the Thai Red Cross Society. Call (02) 777 7777 for more information.

-- Kasikornbank; account 608-2-081570-5; Tohoku Tsunami Fund account set up by Kasikornbank and Japanese Association in Thailand. All transfer fees are waived.

-- Blankets can be donated for victims at the Foreign Ministry on Ayutthaya Road or at the Department of Consular Affairs on Chaeng Wattana Road from 8.30am to 6.30pm every day.

-- Central Group has put up donation boxes at all its outlets. Cash collected over 30 days will be held over for the Japanese Embassy in Thailand.

-- DTAC, AIS and True Move subscribers can put Bt10 toward funds for the tsunami victims by sending an SMS to 4567899 with the letter "J".

-- AIS and DTAC are cutting down roaming rates in Japan by 50 per cent and all phone calls from Japan answered in Bangkok will be free. The promotion runs until Thursday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-16