Sync Ipod With Itunes On New Computer

Wentworth

I was too hasty in wanting to use my Ipod Touch and didn't backup itunes. It seems that I mistakenly thought that I could just sync to itunes again if the worst happened.

I've got a new notebook and installed itunes but when I sync the ipod it gives a warning message that it will in effect wipe what's already on my ipod. Is there a way that I can sync them?

If you've actually lost your old iTunes library (how did that happen? don't you have backups?) - then the only thing you can do is use one of many available programs to get all the music off your iPod. Copy it to your computer in some folder, then drag the folder onto iTunes to re-import everything into iTunes.

Then sync your iPod, wipe it, and sync it with the newly restored library.

I am guessing this is on a PC, maybe somebody else can recommend a program; all I know is there are tons available, some of them free I am sure. If you can't figure it out have the guy at the local internet shop do it. Just don't wipe your iPod until you're sure that all the music has successfully been re-imported into your new iTunes.