Dean Barrett

zzaa09

Dean Barrett, the grumpy old curmudgeon writer of BKK. Does anyone out there know him personally or socialized with him? Outside of his website.....hard to keep track of his comings and goings. What's he been up to of late?

I have met him (in an Internet shop in Bangkok) and he is a very friendly guy and I enjoyed "Bangkok Warrior" which I think was his first novel.

I have not seen him since, but a friend of his (another well-known Thailand based author) told me that there is a new short story collection about Bangkok coming out soon and that Mr. Barrett is included on it.

I have met him (in an Internet shop in Bangkok) and he is a very friendly guy and I enjoyed "Bangkok Warrior" which I think was his first novel.

I have not seen him since, but a friend of his (another well-known Thailand based author) told me that there is a new short story collection about Bangkok coming out soon and that Mr. Barrett is included on it.

Dean's a good buddy altho we email more than have eyeball-to-eyeball contact as I don't live downtown and try not to go very often.

If you're out and about this evening, hit the FCCT, Dean'll be there for the book launch and signing this evening.

Mac

8pm, Thursday, March 17, 2011

Members: Free Non-members: 300 baht

Prominent expat authors will speak about their work and contributions to a new book of short crime fiction stories called 'Bangkok Noir'. Christopher G Moore, the prolific Canadian writer who has penned many popular books, including the Vincent Calvino series, was the editor and a contributor to this anthology. Moore will attend with colleagues such as John Burdett, plus various others who live in Bangkok or Thailand. "This is the first time ever that the 12 most well-known international writers associated with Asian fiction have come together to produce a powerful collection of crime fiction short stories," he said.

"The authors writing for 'Bangkok Noir' have been published in many languages, with reviews in the 'New York Times', 'Time' magazine, the 'Los Angeles Times', interviewed by the BBC, CBC, and NHK." The other authors are: Colin Cotterill, Stephen Leather, Collin Piprell, Dean Barrett, Vasit Dejkunjorn, Tim Hallinan, Eric Stone, Alex Kerr, Pico Iyer and Tew Bunnag.

This book is due to hit the shelves in Thailand in February. Copies of Bangkok Noir' autographed by the authors will be available at the club for this event.

Please join us for what promises to be a night of memorable story-telling and good cheer.

Foreign Correspondents' Club of Thailand

Penthouse, Maneeya Center Building

518/5 Ploenchit Road (connected to the BTS Skytrain Chitlom station)

Patumwan, Bangkok 10330

Tel.: 02-652-0580-1

Fax: 02-652-0582

E-mail: [email protected]

Web Site: http://www.fccthai.com

Hours of Operation -

All departments are open Monday-Friday and closed Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays

Clubhouse

(including Photo Gallery)

10:00 am - 11:00 pm

Restaurant

12:00 noon - 2:30pm

6:00 pm - 9:00pm

Bar

12:00 noon - 11:00 pm

Office

9:30 am - 6:00 pm

www.deanbarrettmystery.com