Prick Stole My Helmet From Big C.

Left my cheapish open face helmet on my mirror (bike doesn't have a underseat helmet lock worth using) and came back 30 mins later to see it had been replaced by a some shitty old piece of crap with no strap-click, and a visor that doesn't stay up.

About 15 mins with various levels of security and they'll check the video tapes and said I'll have to go to the police station.

That's fine by me, simply out of the principle of it. Hope it will end up with the police knocking on his door.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Find another semi decent helmet sitting on a mirror, stick it on your head, and replace it with the piece of crap with no buckle and a floppy visor... It's like musical chairs... That crappy helmet has been doing the rounds at Big C for three years now, it was just your turn. Don't spoil the game!Plan on losing a helmet every 6 months and budget accordingly. If you have one last 9 months, you're in front. 400 baht over 6 months is 15 baht per week... What else can you get for 15 baht per week? See, it's all in how you look at it! Otherwise be anal and lock it up.

Not to be mean or silly but next time- why not try to use the underseat hook... That might just be enough to stop them... It is sure better than just to hang it off the mirror... Hope that they will punish the guy that stole the helmet- but i doubt it...

Not to be mean or silly but next time- why not try to use the underseat hook...

Coz that one's a joke. I'd rather lose a helmet every few months than use that thing every time I stop off for 20-30mins.

Well, you just did. :lol:

I've never been to Big C but at Tesco they have lockers at the entrance of the bike park to put your stuff and you can lock it with your own padlock.

Never used them cos I just lock the chin strap under the seat but they are a good idea.

Decided to stop back in on the way home, all very accommodating and let me watch the video to my heart contents.

Certainly not good enough quality to pick out my black, faceless helmet from the multitude of other black faceless ones, if he even had it on his head. So after 3 minutes it was thanks and mai pen rais all round, and back on with some sleazy, dirty filthy guy's 'helmet', one can only shudder at the thought of who's unwashed sweaty head had occupied that for the past decade.

Tradition was to clip your helmet buckle under the seat; means you need to open up the seat though. I have had my helmet in Bangkok for as long as I can rember (5 years?). Probably helps if you buy a boring ordinary helmut? Personally i just leave my helmet on my tank; if it got nicked it would do me favour as i probably need to buy a new one since plastic disintegrates quickly here. Guess i wont buy a fancy one since i can learn from your experience :)

Tradition was to clip your helmet buckle under the seat; means you need to open up the seat though.

CBR250 surprisingly only has a hook that attaches a larger steel and rubber hook that you can tie your helmet onto. So anyone can still just open in a second, and is a pain in the arse to do.

I have had my helmet in Bangkok for as long as I can rember (5 years?). Probably helps if you buy a boring ordinary helmut? Personally i just leave my helmet on my tank; if it got nicked it would do me favour as i probably need to buy a new one since plastic disintegrates quickly here. Guess i wont buy a fancy one since i can learn from your experience smile.gif

I keep my good fullface helmet for when I'm riding outside of the city as 1) a smog mask doesn't fit inside. 2) an open face makes it impossible to enjoy going 130... 140... 150... :D. That's never left on the bike and always taken wherever I'm going.

One that got nicked was a nice looking modern style that cost under 1000b.

Edited by appropriate

Not to be mean or silly but next time- why not try to use the underseat hook... That might just be enough to stop them... It is sure better than just to hang it off the mirror... Hope that they will punish the guy that stole the helmet- but i doubt it...

Done that, bastards cut the strap at carrefour rama 4 :annoyed:

So you got your cheap helmet stolen cause of your own stupidity and then you go and make everybody crazy for the videotape and than you really went the police station to get this probably poor bastard into serious trouble cause you gave him the chance to steal a cheap helmet from you!?!?!

Man,seriously,what the <deleted>@@ is wrong with you???

The only prick in this whole story is you!

My helmet goes with me regardless. I never see it as a problem to carry my helmet with me when I'm off my bike. Some prefer to lock their helmets on their bikes or propped up on a mirror or tank, leaving it open for theft. Your choice..

To the OP, in short you're running a risk assessment whether your helmet will still be there when you get back. You lost.

Edited by Garry

Decided to stop back in on the way home, all very accommodating and let me watch the video to my heart contents.

Certainly not good enough quality to pick out my black, faceless helmet from the multitude of other black faceless ones, if he even had it on his head. So after 3 minutes it was thanks and mai pen rais all round, and back on with some sleazy, dirty filthy guy's 'helmet', one can only shudder at the thought of who's unwashed sweaty head had occupied that for the past decade.

Um... did you know that BigC sells helmets? :whistling:

Big C helmets make for good vases :lol:

I had mine stolen from outside my house about 15 years ago.

A year later I saw it on a scooter outside the telephone exchange and waited for the "owner" to come back. When I asked him where he had got it from he said that he had bought it from the shop opposite Foodland; when I pointed out that it had a custom paint job identical to the Guzzi I was sitting on he looked so upset that I just smiled and said that he should go and buy himself another one and left it at that.

Not worth getting upset over.

Er, yes. :D Had the same helmet that was nicked waiting back home, as had bought a matching pair, plus my good HJC and one the missus has. Felt those 3 were still enough, and didn't need some inferior BIgC bucket added.. :)

So you got your cheap helmet stolen cause of your own stupidity and then you go and make everybody crazy for the videotape and than you really went the police station to get this probably poor bastard into serious trouble cause you gave him the chance to steal a cheap helmet from you!?!?!

To be fair, I think I see another one. :D

My friend here had his expensive helmet stolen right off his bike in a very busy place during the day.

They just cut the strap and took off with it.

Security video didn't do anything helpful other than show how it was stolen.

I have a friend bringing me one of these locks from America in 5 weeks.

No idea if it will lock around my helmet's chinbar yet.

I figure if i cut another notch in it it should be able to lock around a larger object.

If anyone goes to the US soon try and see if it fits.

Otherwise I'll let you guys know how it works when I get it.

http://www.masterloc...CuffLocks/8200D

41+ID-UJBpL.jpg

CuffLockBike-1.jpg

CuffLockBike-1.jpg

this one looks easy and secure too

best-bike-locks-abus-folding-bordo-granit-x-plus.jpg

Edited by ttakata

I think you have to wash out your eyes and take another look!

I know you think thats all funny,but i think you really have some serious problems!

I mean the fact that you put all the effort in this(IN THAILAND,555!!!) should make clear to everybody that there is something wrong with you ...

I know you think thats all funny,but i think you really have some serious problems!

I mean the fact that you put all the effort in this(IN THAILAND,555!!!) should make clear to everybody that there is something wrong with you ...

:lol:

Nope, I definitely see another one. :whistling:

:lol:

Nope, I definitely see another one. :whistling:

Yes i know!

They call him "Man In The Mirror"!clap2.gif