Going To Mai Sot In Tak

WilliamCave

Going to Mai Sot in tak any ideas of hotels or nice guest houses with a restaurant and bar, about the night life if there is any, been there before a few times for a short day trips and would like to stay there this time for a few days,

thx

Just as u get to the boarder veer left and then first left going thou a day market -- Approx after 700 metres turn right (after u pass a sad looking neglected collection of huts on a hill side) and continue str8 until u hit the river and a police box (200metres), veer left uphill and choose the last 'resort' on the road (150metres) -- About 10 minute walk from the boarder -- The 'resort' has perfect views but the owner has long ago given any pretence of service, but if u bargain u ought to get a place 150-400 depending on the comfort level

Night life -- If Monkey Mia is open (u passed it on the way to the 'resort', nice place to meet people -- Other than that a few very loso girly bars which is not my scene

Hey,

The best place in town is Baan Thai. This is a very laid back garden with a few wooden houses. This place is an instant feel-good agent. Make sure you book in advance as they are usually full. Their prices are surprisingly low for the quality of the place and the athmosphere. (yes, been there several times and at other places in Mae Sot too)

If they are full, I heard the Mae Sot Hill Resort is nice. Probably overrated and overpriced too.

For the night-life, as someone else spoke about that, I'd say that there are a lot of places to hang out in Mae Sot. I haven't been there for ages but there will still be many bars (as in European-style bars). You'll find plenty of foreigners there (NGO workers mostly) and many interesting Thai people who do speak English. Mae Sot being the dormitory for many NGO workers (both Thai and foreigners) and a hide-out for many Burmese activists, you'll be surprised at the quality of the conversations you'll engage into.

Another great aspect of Mae Sot is its food. Do try the Burmese Curries and they have a tea leaves appetizer called LePeTho which I highly recommend with fresh beers.

Also, it's Mae Sot, not Mai Sot.

Have fun!

Also, it's Mae Sot, not Mai Sot.

Have fun!

i have been thinking of visiting mae sot,

what would be the best route from udon

what are the options , from bonkers ,

train / flight . or death wish bus tours .

thanks for any informed info.

:jap: