Thaksin In Megabucks Spat With Emirati Lawyer

webfact

What a delicious irony if the millions that have gone walkabout were found in the pockets of the Arabs who bought MCFC. :lol:

:D that's whacked.

He bought himself out. :lol:

*edit. the story is available now as cached

http://74.6.117.48/s...XJd1wk0uW4ZEQ--

Bucholz, it's just a thought, it's not reality. Calm yourself. You really do need to get a grip, it's not healthy, this obsession.

It's Buchholz and yes, your obsession with my posts is not healthy.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucholz, it's just a thought, it's not reality. Calm yourself. You really do need to get a grip, it's not healthy, this obsession.

I thought this might be a reference to Thaksin's obsession with his money, long-standing and seemingly incurable, one fears ? :rolleyes:

I must say that I think it's quite amusing, to see DL apparently 'taken' by one of the locals himself, for a change. I can only hope that his other recent-investments, 'diamond mine in Angola' or 'property in Montenegro' or 'populist political-party in Thailand', turn out better. One feels for his starving children, and his desperate attempts to put food on-the-table, perhaps their Mum can come=up with 'the necessary' instead ?

Meanwhile 'Good-Luck' to the honest arab lawyer ! B)

I thought this might be a reference to Thaksin's obsession with his money, long-standing and seemingly incurable, one fears ? :rolleyes:

I must say that I think it's quite amusing, to see DL apparently 'taken' by one of the locals himself, for a change. I can only hope that his other recent-investments, 'diamond mine in Angola' or 'property in Montenegro' or 'populist political-party in Thailand', turn out better. One feels for his starving children, and his desperate attempts to put food on-the-table, perhaps their Mum can come=up with 'the necessary' instead ?

Meanwhile 'Good-Luck' to the honest arab lawyer ! B)

Hopefully for Thaksin, not all of his "property in Montenegro" was put in the lawyer's name, like the villa there that he put in his name with 250 Million Baht of Thaksin's money.

The best part was that his law firm also billed Thaksin 3.2 Million Baht on top of that in transaction fees for the task of taking ownership of the villa.

Edited by Buchholz

If Thaksin hadn't done this move since he wanted to conceal that he actually had the asset, then he wouldn't be in this mess.

And that of course is his M.O.P. pattern or operations.

He would rather risk loss and trouble, than voluntarily hand over ANYTHING, like taxes that could benefit his country and fellow man. He loves Thailand more than anything, as long as it expects nothing from him, except his leadership and total control.

"The point is ladies and gentlemen that greed, for lack of a better word, is good".

You make these pronouncements based on what? You don't know squat. You just like you hear yourself spout fourth senseless drivel.

Love it - and now has to waste more money in court and legal wrangling as the world sits back and laughs! But 30% for legal fees - that's normal - isn't it? blink.gif

In some countries 30% is normal on contingecy litigation, like ambulance chasers(lawyers) who camp out in emergency rooms looking for potential new clients.:ph34r:

No, it's because I was in the telecom industry and personally affected by this human virus. Exactly how many times have YOU met that evil, fetid square faced pustule? I have worked with every kind of self centered corrupt cretin there is. I am an expert on scumbags. Thaksin is so far beyond everyone else in this category that he can't even be considered human. Nevin, as bad as he is, is an angel compared to Thaksin.

I watched with my own eyes how he perverted the industry for his own iniquitous gains. Believe me, I understand my hatred for that demagogue. Many people loved another demagogue in history called Hitler. Thaksin would happily kill 6 million or 60 million for his own nefarious ends. He is true filth. I will forgive your defense of that maggot, because you clearly do not have knowledge of what you say.

Don't hold back Greg. Tell us how you really feel.

Posts and replies that began with a derogatory slur as well as defamatory in nature have been removed.

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Removed a post (and responses) that claimed others were paid to post. If you have any actual evidence please forward it to support. If it's just a lame debating tactic, further references like that may find you without posting rights.

Discussion of Thaksin in Megabucks spat with emirati lawyer would be on topic to this thread while discussion of the Red shirt's actions in downtown Bangkok last year has been discussed endlessly in other threads related to that topic and are therefore off topic to this thread. Posts have been removed and will continue to be removed.

Please stay on topic.

• 1 year later...

Lawyer claims conspiracy against ex-Thai PM in embezzlement case

Lawyer of man charged with embezzlement claims former Thai PM is being favoured in the case

The lawyer of an advocate charged with embezzling former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's money has accused prosecutors of conspiring against his client in order to favour Shinawatra. The case is about the embezzlement of £60 million of a £150-million deal to sell the Manchester City football club. The 46-year-old Emirati advocate, K.K., earlier rejected the charge of defrauding and embezzling Shinawatra's money, and said the latter deposited the money in a bank account on the basis of trust while the Manchester City deal was taking place.

The £150 million was deposited in the bank account of K.K.'s law firm as an entrustment. "Prosecutors supported Shinawatra, who himself is an outlaw and wanted in his country, against my client. Prosecutors did so to blackmail my client and to coerce him to settle the dispute," K.K.'s lawyer Mukhtar Abdul Raouf argued before the Dubai Misdemeanour Court yesterday.

The suspect earlier denied embezzling Shinawatra's $25.45 million villa in Emirates Hills. Presenting a 90-minute argument, Abdul Raouf contended before Presiding Judge Zakaria Abdul Aziz: "Prosecutors failed to corroborate the evidence against K.K., who is a reputable lawyer and law professor and has never been involved in illegal practices. We ask the court to dismiss this case for lack of evidence."

Although the case was referred from the court one year ago for further investigation, according to Abdul Raouf, prosecutors failed to carry out the court's orders. A verdict will be heard on June 28.

Continues:

http://gulfnews.com/...-case-1.1021244

Gulf News - May 11, 2012

Edited by Buchholz

Lawyer of man charged with embezzlement claims former Thai PM is being favoured in the case

The lawyer of an advocate charged with embezzling former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's money has accused prosecutors of conspiring against his client in order to favour Shinawatra. The case is about the embezzlement of £60 million of a £150-million deal to sell the Manchester City football club. The 46-year-old Emirati advocate, K.K., earlier rejected the charge of defrauding and embezzling Shinawatra's money, and said the latter deposited the money in a bank account on the basis of trust while the Manchester City deal was taking place.

The £150 million was deposited in the bank account of K.K.'s law firm as an entrustment. "Prosecutors supported Shinawatra, who himself is an outlaw and wanted in his country, against my client. Prosecutors did so to blackmail my client and to coerce him to settle the dispute," K.K.'s lawyer Mukhtar Abdul Raouf argued before the Dubai Misdemeanour Court yesterday.

The suspect earlier denied embezzling Shinawatra's $25.45 million villa in Emirates Hills. Presenting a 90-minute argument, Abdul Raouf contended before Presiding Judge Zakaria Abdul Aziz: "Prosecutors failed to corroborate the evidence against K.K., who is a reputable lawyer and law professor and has never been involved in illegal practices. We ask the court to dismiss this case for lack of evidence."

Although the case was referred from the court one year ago for further investigation, according to Abdul Raouf, prosecutors failed to carry out the court's orders. A verdict will be heard on June 28.

Continues:

Gulf News - May 11, 2012

Even if found guilty, the conviction will not be valid. It is obvious that these charges are politically motivated, and will be ignored by anyone sufficiently venal.

Continues:

Gulf News - May 11, 2012

Even if found guilty, the conviction will not be valid. It is obvious that these charges are politically motivated, and will be ignored by anyone sufficiently venal.

Small change to Thaksin.

Continues:

Gulf News - May 11, 2012

Small change to Thaksin.

Indeed, but it must stick in his throat like a fish bone :D

• Like 2

Dont you just love this guys

Imagine if an Emirati wanted to sue a prominent Thai in the Thai courts

What would be the outcome - no prizes here - same merde applies in the gulf states

Whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

btw fyi they are very strict in certain aspects of finance. If you ever bounced a cheque there you would be arrested and thrown in jail even if it was accidental. More severe penalties than mauling a guinness bottle - know what i mean

It would be nice if the case could be decided in favour of the lawyer and costs awarded. A few million extra should cover it I would think.

And if Mr T was disinclined to pay, he might have to seek a new haven. I hear there's a Dubai lawyer with a nice little place in Montenegro for sale.

Edited by OzMick

Karma?clap2.gif

more than Three and a Half Billion Baht... biggrin.gif Fifty Million Pounds Sterling... laugh.gif

200883561.jpg

Ex-Thai PM sues UAE lawyer for Dh441m

Case, in which Thaksin Shinawatra claims misuse of escrow funds, up for hearing tomorrow

The Dubai Court of Misdemeanors will tomorrow hear a case against an Emirati lawyer who is being sued by the former prime minister of Thailand and billionaire businessman Thaksin Shinawatra for Dh441 million. Shinawatra has accused the lawyer of misusing funds from an escrow account that he permitted the firm to operate.

The lawyer, who is a director and partner in the firm is accused usurping funds from the account, according to a report in Emarat Al Youm. Shinawatra has demanded that the defendant pay Dh441 million as a compensation.

The Emirati lawyer prepared a memorandum of understanding dated 2008 on the deal, stating that the amount deposited in escrow was £100 million, contrary to the agreed amount of £150 million. According to court documents, £50 million was then taken in the name of fees.

Continues:

http://www.emirates2...-03-16-1.369003

Emirates 24/7 News - March 16, 2011

Love it, but the sad thing is that it is the Thai people money. Can they get a refund?

Sounds like the evidence is a bit flaky. No document originals shown to the court and Taksin hiding behind all sorts of legal stuctures to hide his ownership and aviod paying tax, etc. I know that if you want to win a court case you need to provide good evidence. Thus if the court does the right thing they should throw out the case on the basis of insufficient evidence. However we don't know how good the legal system is in Dubai or how it can be manipulated by money and power, etc. So I will sit on the fence as to whether the dodgy lawyer gets away with it or not!

Continues:

Gulf News - May 11, 2012

Small change to Thaksin.

Indeed, but it must stick in his throat like a fish bone biggrin.png

My God, I hope you´r right.thumbsup.gif

It's all sport. Rich b_stards suing each other, they do it when golf gets too boring.

Whether T gets the money or not will not alter his lifestyle, it's a matter of winning.

The fun part will be if/when the judgement, which may take a very long time, comes down to (in not as many spoken words) that "the foreigner is always wrong," a concept most of us who live out here are familiar with.

While T's health is not a front-page issue there have been little slip-ups, like his hair falling out because of "just a little chemo-therapy." No doubt they will try to drag this out until he goes on to his next incarnation.

Edited by bendejo

It's all sport. Rich b_stards suing each other, they do it when golf gets too boring.

Whether T gets the money or not will not alter his lifestyle, it's a matter of winning.

The fun part will be if/when the judgement, which may take a very long time, comes down to (in not as many spoken words) that "the foreigner is always wrong," a concept most of us who live out here are familiar with.

While T's health is not a front-page issue there have been little slip-ups, like his hair falling out because of "just a little chemo-therapy." No doubt they will try to drag this out until he goes on to his next incarnation.

cockroach?