Lebanon's army finds Israeli spy device near southern border

News_Editor

Lebanon's army finds Israeli spy device near southern border

2011-03-18 05:46:45 GMT+7 (ICT)

CHAMAA, LEBANON (BNO NEWS) -- Lebanon's army on Thursday informed that an Israeli surveillance camera was located near the border in southern Lebanon, the state-run NNA news agency reported.

The device, which it is suspected of being used for spying activities, was located camouflaged as a rock in Chamaa near Tyre. The five-part system was dismantled by a specialized unit affiliated to the Lebanese Army.

The spying system was found based on information provided by the Resistance to the army. The high-tech device allegedly covered the southern coast from Bayyadah to Tyre. In December the army uncovered two similar devices near Beirut.

In addition, authorities informed that three Israeli aircraft breached Lebanese airspace on Thursday morning in two separate incidents. At about 6:00 a.m. local time, an Israeli reconnaissance plane flew over Alma Shaab village.

The alleged spying jet performed a u-shaped flight off the South and Bekaa and left at 1:20 p.m. from above Kfarkela. At about 9:00 a.m. two Israeli warplanes breached the Lebanese airspace over Nakoura village.

The aircraft made the usual u-turn maneuver above all Lebanese territories and left Lebanese airspace at 10:50 a.m. Lebanon called Israel once more to halt unauthorized flights over its airspace.

Israel and Hezbollah fought a 33-day fierce in 2006 which killed 1,200 people in Lebanon, most of them civilians, and 160 Israelis, mostly soldiers. A UN Security Council resolution ended hostilities and banned all unauthorized weapons in the Blue Line, the UN-monitored border between the two countries.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-03-18

Another incursion and a clear violation of a soveriegn nation's territory. Infact quite and illegal act, Were is the respect?

Perhaps Israel was concerned about the transport of Iranian rockets to Hizbollah which are fired across the border or incursions into Israel itself on sabotage/kidnapping missions, though no I guess that wouldn't occur to you, it never does and never will. :)

I don't believe it!!!

One nation spying on another nation? I don't remember this ever happening before.

I have heard the UN Human Rights Commission is already on it so things are well in hand.

What IS this world coming to. B)

Another incursion and a clear violation of a soveriegn nation's territory. Infact quite and illegal act, Were is the respect?

Israel are the {fabricated} good guys, you know :blink:. The "good guys" go by the motto: 'do as I say, not as I do'. :unsure:

Israel are the {fabricated} good guys, you know :blink:. The "good guys" go by the motto: 'do as I say, not as I do'. :unsure:

I suppose the REAL good guys just cross the border, kill and kidnap people and that's just perfectly normal and respectful

Lebanese army can not protect itself from the terrorist Hizbullah, someone has to keep an eye on them ;)

Edited by kuffki