So What Is The Truth About Samui Real Estate?

Okay, so you hear the stories of land prices 'doubling every year' which really isn't true. You also hear ones about developers who are selling out villa projects all over the place.

But from those who KNOW, what is the real deal? Out of the hundreds of new villas that are for sale in various projects around the island, how many of these villas are actually selling? Is there a big enough demand for all the villa development currently on the island? Or are many of these places never going to sell?

Are prices going to keep going up and up? Or is the bubble about to burst?

What is the reality, in your opinion?

Skipdivils,

From my observations , some land prices on the island have actually doubled in price every year for the last 3 years.These are a few choice blocks on the water or with great views & full infrastructure in popular locations .

As for villas , well your guess is as good as anybody's.You see lots villas being built , but are they sold or merely rented out ? I still think for the average person buying their own land & undertaking their own building is the cheapest way.Well it is for someone wanting to live here on permanent basis.

Most villas in projects are targetting overseas buyers that use them as holiday homes ,these seem to me to be well overpriced against the general cost of building one yourself.

As the for the bubble bursting? At the moment the government has issued a directive to stop upgrading of land titles for anything other then Nor Sor Sam 1& 3.

Some shady deals have taken place & are being investigated.This freeze is on till december.Before anyone jumps down my throat lmao the shady deals are falsifying of land papers to facilitate upgrade.The government is also concerned about the effects of subdivisions on sensitive areas affecting water tables.