Problems Port Forwarding The Smc790wbra

Uncle_Ho

I went to portforward.com .. they dont have the 7904 so i followed the 7804 one .. I wanted to port forward my Bitcomet .. but after doing it (see pic attached with this post) i cannot download anything .. its stuck at 0kb/s for ages .. although i have 20+ seeds ...

Dont know if i am doing it right .. Anyone using SMC Router - could you please help ! Do i need to do port trigger too ?

I want to port forward my bitcomet , Limewire, KazaaLite - thats about it ..

Please help

Thanx

post-17409-1126986768_thumb.jpg

I don't use torrent. I have not done anything except the ping fix you were advised about (using the SMC setup). I have limewire set for UPnP and have the newest version. Don't use it much but checked when you posted (which was before I did the ping fix) and checked again after and still works fine but shows a firewall icon in the connection area of main screen. I am using a 77xx listen port.

hi'

let me try to put that straight for my poor mind :o

for forwarding, you need to setup your routeur for it, choosing the range of port you want to forward and to which IP ...

here is the problem, one needs a static IP for forwarding efficiently!

so, set it all in dhcp, and from command line type : ipconfig /all to fet all informations about your connection, the most important is the dns addresses, and mainly the first one.

go back to your routeur setup page, and in setup seet it as dhcp server from

a range going from 192.168.1.xx

then go back to your connection and se it as a static one, choose an IP out,

meaning before the beginning of the routeur IP range(if routeur set to begin at 192.168.1.10, set it at 192.168.1.8), the subnet is always the same,

255.255.255.0 just hit the tab key after entering the IP and the gateway has to be the routeur address(the one you use to go to the setuo page).

in the dns address, type in the dns you just got from ipconfig, and set only the first one, the second one is an optional setting :D

inside the routeur page, in port forwarding check the IP range you once had chosen and set it to the static IP you just have setup.

for torrent, don't forget to forward port 6881 as many trackers still use it.

check if you need to forward in tcp or udp!

and enable all this :D

and don't forget to setup your firewall too, may be need to set rules for the port you forwarded for the program ou use :D

hope that it helps a bit ...

francois

I'm not sure it this is what you're looking for (port forwarding) or not, but anyway:

* Go to Network Address Translation (NAT) in the router's admin screen, pick 'virtual server'.

* Just fill in the form: The main things are you need to assign a LAN IP (the computer you want to forward *to*), and then enter the ports you want to forward (ie. whatever bitcomet etc use). Can be a single or multiple port or a range. If you are using standard ports I think you should put the same numbers in both the LAN and Public port boxes.

If your apps use multiple connections, then possibly you might need to use the Special Application page, which disables NAT temporarily when the app is in use (I think). Never experimented with that one, and I imagine that it might have security implications.