Love At First Sight!

DeDanan

Love at first sight!!!!

Geeessssss at my age (42) I should know better!

Note: I am no stranger to Thailand and the intoxicating effect of LOS, I have been here 14 times in the last 4 years. (Lucky me, part work / part….)

On this trip I bring my young sister and her boyfriend to see LOS, I am forever talking about the place they decide it is time they see what I am talking about!

This trip is ½ day work 13 ½ cay holiday. So I show them. All the good Temple’s, Shops, Markets and whatever in BKK, Hua Hin and Chaing Mai.

On our last night in BKK I decide that I should leave my sis’ and b/f to enjoy BKK alone.

So off to O’Reilly’s in Silom I go. Happy hour over and full of Satay chicken and potato wedges, its time for pool (game of) in Country Road Soi 19 Sukhumvit, and then on to Country Road Soi 21 (Asok). I spend the next few hours between those two bars with the same name in two different Soi’s playing pool and exchanging details with the locals ( What’s Ur Name, where U from?, how long U in Thailand ect’)

Shit! I need a brake, so off to 24hour coffee shop on Soi 15 or 17 (not sure) but I find it ok.

I order “kaafaa yen” <deleted> the air conditioning is good here. Then I see her, outside, at a table alone! Make eye contact , make eye contact, MAKE EYE CONTACT! Ok, invite her to join you……

WOW, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT (not sure, but after I get to know her a little more, about 20 minuets, I am sure)

(I am too tired now, so part 2 next time.)

Chok dii khrap,

DeDanan.

WOW, LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT (not sure, but after I get to know her a little more, about 20 minuets, I am sure)

======================================

I wished your would have finished it. I might be to tired later to read part 2..................DJM

isn't it nice, that even "experienced" grownups still have the chance to fall in love?!! :o

enough time to worry later, if necessary at all, just enjoy present :D

oops, that's already happened! :D

You might be interested (Intrigued?) to know that Freud insisted that we feel "Love at first sight"...because we are looking for a Mother replacement..and the lady we've just seen triggers multiple memories of Ma.

Ask her if her name is Elektra.

We talk it must be two or three hours, (who’s counting) I invite her back to my place (No discussion about payment for services rendered)

I wake, she’s asleep,… thinking… many different scenarios … how will my last night in BKK play out???

Skip to BTS (sky train) direction, Silom and beyond. For the first time in a long time I am happy to have someone by my side, EVEN to hold hands, (shit I must be loosing it!)

I try to rationalise what’s happening, been here before, seen my friends here before, I try to be cynical about this, BUT….. I enjoy her company, REALLY enjoy it! She is fun to be with.

Alas, I have to go home today and decide to chalk it up as what might have been. To the more cynical of you reading this, I did “help” her a little before I departed.

We have kept in contact by phone, sms and email, the usual stuff, “miss you” etcetera.

Then: she sends me an email offering to be my housekeeper! For a small remuneration. I reply saying I am not looking for a housekeeper, but a wife / lover / life partner etc….

That’s about it to date; my head is all over the place!

First, is she too young at 25,… actually come to think about it her young age is the only major stumbling block.

I remember a quote from a friend when he was asked about an indiscretion “I would prefer to regret the things that I done than regret the things that I did not do!”

Have a Happy….

DeDanan.

First, is she too young at 25,… actually come to think about it her young age is the only major stumbling block.
what's wrong with her being younger than you??

aren't there other things who count a bit more? :o

I remember a quote from a friend when he was asked about an indiscretion “I would prefer to regret the things that I done than regret the things that I did not do!”

very wise guy! :D

Have a Happy….
ending!

and good luck!

dear lost in space ,

the symptoms you describe are nothing to worry about , they are quite common in men of a certain age , we doctors have a name for it , it is called penile dementia.

the cure is to remove yourself as far as possible from the cause of the condition and undergo thorough and exhaustive re assesment.

Then: she sends me an email offering to be my housekeeper! For a small remuneration. I reply saying I am not looking for a housekeeper, but a wife / lover / life partner etc….

This is where you lost me , and you were doing so well :o

good luck anyway

I try to rationalise what’s happening, been here before, seen my friends here before, I try to be cynical about this, BUT….. I enjoy her company, REALLY enjoy it! She is fun to be with.

Alas, I have to go home today and decide to chalk it up as what might have been. To the more cynical of you reading this, I did “help” her a little before I departed.

We have kept in contact by phone, sms and email, the usual stuff, “miss you” etcetera.

I'm sure that you really know what chance you have of living happily ever after.

Let's see, you met her hanging out in a coffee shop on soi 15 or something, by herself.

What was she doing ?

Why can she speak English?

This ain't normal for young Thai women.

She slept with you on your first meeting?

You gave her money before you went?

She held hands with you in public?

She is not a normal Thai woman. I don't see why I should beat about the bush - she is a whore. I suppose you want other's opinions.

If this is the case, you can go for it and best of luck. One guy I know has been happily married to a whore(not a bg) for 25 years. Nothing wrong with this, but there is something wrong with guys who come here as tourists(you, doesn't matter you many times) and hang around the tourist places thinking that it is normal for a young Thai woman to be by herself and then sleep with a farang, thinking money is not in the equation and it is love.

Fvcks sake man, wake up :o . Learn about Thailand, read a book or something. Next holiday you have get out of Silom/Sukhumvit.

Too young? Would you go for a 42 year old whore? Maybe she is not a bad person, but needs the money desparately, and doing the easiest thing.

If you gave a 25 year old girl in your hometownl 1000 pounds a week, I'm sure she could fake love for you. This would be roughly the equivalent of giving the average girl who goes to these areas about 10,000 baht a month.

Some good advice, but you waste time. You might be lucky and keep this girl for 5 years, if you pay her well. Chances are you won't, she milk you and get out, she will still be young enough to find another sucker.

Don't worry though, it happens all the time.

ps I could be totally wrong, there is a chance of it being love at first sight, I'd say about 3 % based on the many Thai-farang relationships I seen.

Why not look for a decent Thai girl, and if you need a shag now - use the whores.

LMAO @ neeranam's post.

I couldn't have put it better myself. I was mentally composing a more polite and restrained post (but with the same message), but - sod it . . . let's call a spade a spade.

She's a hooker.

Offering to be your housekeeper (for a small remuneration), indeed! Priceless. :o

Let me get this straight, you make eye contact, ask her to join you, talk for whatever time, invite her home, she goes with a total stranger, no talk of money but you HELP her, she asks about being your maid, you say "I am not looking for a housekeeper, but a wife / lover / life partner etc….", do I have this RIGHT?

Now you come to the forum and asks views from a bunch of people that have in most instances have been there done that a lot and exactly what do you expect to get for an answer?

1) You're the luckiest guy on the planet and have met a woman that is going to be the best thing since the internet started (about her birth 25 years ago). You got to know ALL about the girl in the 3-4+ hours that you talked and don't need to know any more. Had some great sex. The age isn't really a factor considering that you are 42 and by todays standards the 17 years is not too far of a distance. Go for it and live happily ever after.

2) You've made multiple visits (14) to Thailand in the last 4 years and have had friends that have done the same, if not similar thing in this time. Some have the greatest partner that they have ever had and others have woken up into their biggest nightmare. Others have been ripped off to where they don't have a pot to piss in but their gf or Exs are living the high life.

3) You're going through male menapause (spelling) and don't have a clue. The girl comes up with the idea of being your MAID and you don't get her point that she's not thinking the same as you.

There are a thousands of responses that you could get from this scenario and who will make the final call on what happens? YOU, you are the only one that can make this call. I think it kind of childish on your part to ask anyone else. You have to ask yourself other questions that will answer it for you.

Who is this girl REALLY?

kinda hard for me to think you can know someone in 3-4 hours talking and emails....

Where or does she work? (I am not BG bashing here)

not important to some but is to others

What kind of education does she have?

can she fit into your circle of friends and business contacts and be able to get respected for who she is and not just on looks. Communication is also a big issue, can she speak English or can you speak Thai. Will she be able to do things on her own without you? Not important to some on this point also but...

What kind of expectations does she (or her family) have of you?

think this might come into play somewhere in your relationship. Of course if you're like Pneusted, you can give MILLIONS of baht to her and the family and not bat an eye. And after that influx of money they will be doing OK for themselves but you continue to give. Or you are just going to take care of yours and her needs and help whenever possible and not get yourself into the monthly payment to said family or then again just not give anything and be an A$$.

Are you going to have to move here or will you expect her to go with you?

This has presented many problems for people in the past because the girl decides that either she doesn't like where you live or can't get Thai food or Thai tv or a multitude of different points for why she can't stay with you. Can you afford to sellup and move here with the chance that you invest all of what you have just to find that it's not what you thought originally?

There are NO clear answers to your situation. Make decisions by what you know to be TRUE and don't get yourself wrapped into the idea that it's all going to be perfect because you fell in "love at first site"!

Sorry to say but you need to GAG.

Edited by Kringle

The danger here is not the girl or whether you shack up with her or marry her. The danger is your infatuation. It will probably deepen to much caring / love as time goes by, and if she is on a different tack, it could destroy you, as it has many others. The very difficult trick is to keep your wits around you on the longer term, and not get sucked in to the eyeballs.....

She may have no bad intentions towards you, now or ever, but desires change. What the other posters say is true, she's definetely not an innocent Thai girl.

Reality fades like shadows into the night....

Edited by OlRedEyes

The danger here is not the girl or whether you shack up with her or marry her. The danger is your infatuation. It will probably deepen to much caring / love as time goes by, and if she is on a different tack, it could destroy you, as it has many others. The very difficult trick is to keep your wits around you on the longer term, and not get sucked in to the eyeballs.....

Now that is wise warning/advice....... :o

dear lost in space ,

the symptoms you describe are nothing to worry about , they are quite common in men of a certain age , we doctors have a name for it , it is called penile dementia.

the cure is to remove yourself as far as possible from the cause of the condition and undergo thorough and exhaustive re assesment.

I tried that, I moved to Korat, but the dementia keeps reoccurring. Maybe I should relocate to a cave in Tibet!

LMAO @ neeranam's post.

I couldn't have put it better myself.  I was mentally composing a more polite and restrained post (but with the same message), but - sod it . .  . let's call a spade a spade.

She's a hooker. 

Offering to be your housekeeper (for a small remuneration), indeed!  Priceless.  :o

It's not a problem as long as you keep your money safe. 10.000 a month nothing!!! for a 25 year old girl who will take care of your every need. It sounds like you have fallen for this girl so go for it; you will just regret if you do not. Yes buy her a mobile, gold and a small fluffy dog. But that is enough. Till you have a real idea of what you want and what she really wants after she gets to know you.

Enjoy yourself man. I did, now I'm broke :D

Hi All,

In reply.

I did not post this topic here looking for advice of any kind. I probably should have posted it in a blog somewhere, if at all. I was just sharing an experience.

“whore” I don’t like this term, not for what it means, but more for the derogatory way/tone it is used.

I also do not see a big difference in the “morals” of a woman who accepts money for sex and a man who pays money for sex. Those of you who have never paid for sex can feel free to look down your noses at those of us who have, if it makes you feel superior.

I have dated some “good” Thai women but never really clicked with most of them. (one exception). The chemistry just wasn’t there. Anyway I don’t feel a need to justify any relationship I have had with anyone.

Some of you may say: there is no one blinder than he who just will not see! But maybe we all find our own level… eventually… and are happy there!

As for “the long term” having been married and divorced, I do not believe in “forever” relationships. I do believe that a marriage / relationship lasts for as long as both parties are satisfied with the relationship. If one or other is not satisfied then it will inevitably end!

If my original post raised a smile or a happy memory for some of you, then “Cheers, I wish you good health and happiness where ever you find it”.

Have a happy….

DeDanan

“whore” I don’t like this term, not for what it means, but more for the derogatory way/tone it is used.

This is an old joke.

Man: Would you sleep with me for 1 Million dollars

Woman: Yes!

Man: Would you sleep with me for 1 dollar

Woman: What kind of woman do you thing I am!

Man: We've established that, now we're just negotiating the price.

:o

Edited by tywais

DeDanan, actually I agree with you, calling a girl a whore is a very nasty word indeed.

As for your 'love at first site', who am I to judge you or your girl? All I can say is try to use some sense, don't send her money, and try to remember that she is most likely in a very different place than you are. Try not to let her break your heart. As they say "What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger".

Play it smart. Ask if she'll play both the wife and maid roles.  :o

(Kat, I'm just kidding, please don't beat me  :D )

cv

:D Why would I "beat" you? You don't condescend or attempt to make feeble, sexually, humiliating remarks. Your comments are always on target, and very often funny. You're obviously an intelligent guy with a healthy respect toward women, and one of my favorite posters :D

I think it's unfortunate that men on this forum now refer to me as the "beater". I think I very often exhibit goodwill toward people on this forum, but I won't tolerate condescension or sexual derision by anyone, and especially not by some of the pathetic, misogynist, mentally-challenged, jet trash that try to condescend or humiliate women.

I think I get the reputation as a "beater" simply because these losers can't beat me. But you CDNVIC, and many others are nowhere near that category, thankfully :D

I'm sure that you really know what chance you have of living happily ever after.

Let's see, you met her hanging out in a coffee shop on soi 15 or something, by herself.

What was she doing ?

Why can she speak English?

This ain't normal for young Thai women.

She slept with you on your first meeting?

You gave her money before you went?

She is not a normal Thai woman. I don't see why I should beat about the bush - she is a whore. I suppose you want other's opinions.

If this is the case, you can go for it and best of luck. One guy I know has been happily married to a whore(not a bg) for 25 years. Nothing wrong with this, but there is something wrong with guys who come here as tourists(you, doesn't matter you many times) and hang around the tourist places thinking that it is normal for a young Thai woman to be by herself and then sleep with a farang, thinking money is not in the equation and it is love.

Fvcks sake man, wake up :D . Learn about Thailand, read a book or something. Next holiday you have get out of Silom/Sukhumvit.

Too young? Would you go for a 42 year old whore? Maybe she is not a bad person, but needs the money desparately, and doing the easiest thing.

If you gave a 25 year old girl in your hometownl 1000 pounds a week, I'm sure she could fake love for you. This would be roughly the equivalent of giving the average girl who goes to these areas about 10,000 baht a month.

Some good advice, but you waste time. You might be lucky and keep this girl for 5 years, if you pay her well. Chances are you won't, she milk you and get out, she will still be young enough to find another sucker.

Don't worry though, it happens all the time.

ps I could be totally wrong, there is a chance of it being love at first sight, I'd say about 3 % based on the many Thai-farang relationships I seen.

Why not look for a decent Thai girl, and if you need a shag now - use the whores.

Great post.

EDIT: "DeDanan, actually I agree with you, calling a girl a whore is a very nasty word indeed."

I have to agree.

Edited by kat

More of a stickman style post that one. still, good luck, freelancer or not, what does it matter, are all us men angels that only deserve only the purest virgins of Thailand?

Neeranam, think this is a bit off:

She is not a normal Thai woman.

Normal Thai women will hold hands in public too you know, its called being modern I think. :D

OP, you do realise you was going to get loads of flaming for this post didn't you? :o