Business As Usual For A Bangkok Condo Company?

So I'm moving out of the Waterford Rama IV, and it's the best decision I've made since moving to Thailand. I guess this is me venting after a culmination of bad experiences over my year of living here. I moved in in March of last year, and the first condo I had here was nice, but the previous tenant had not paid his cable bills, and in order to transfer my cable account here, they wanted me to pay off his bills or sign up for a new contract through the office. I declined both options, and asked for a new room and got one!!! It was nice and big, but I could see it had some problems.

So the real story starts here in the second room, which is one of their pricier models, and when I pointed out some leaks to them they said they would fix it. After they looked at it, they said it was a structural problem and it would take them 2 months to fix. That was eight months ago. I had asked them for a different room, and they refused to give it to me. I have had to have the air con fixed in my room once every two months because it stops working, and the repair men have stolen 4,000 baht from my room, and jewelry from my girlfriend. They continue to work here.

I have been told that they keep the deposit for 60 days after a tenant moves out in case there are extra bills, and I asked them then why did they want me to pay a cable bill for a past tenant if they keep deposit money for that reason, and they were quiet. The whole thing seems fishy, and I really want to cover myself. Is there anything I can do to safeguard my deposit? I am going to call the electric company and shut off the electric, and flip the switch in the circuit breaker when I leave, but they are wanting to charge me a cleaning fee of 2,000 baht to clean the room because they didn't fix the leaks and it ruined the paint in a few places!!!! It's absolutely ridiculous, and they give the same story to my girlfriend when she speaks with them in Thai!!! Also, the rooms were not clean when we moved in, we had to have each room cleaned twice, and new lightbulbs but in because most of them didn't work. Good use of deposit money from the last tenant!

Would appreciate any similar stories, feedback or help if there are any avenues for me. Thanks! And I guess take this as a warning against the Waterford in Rama IV!