Thai Visa (how To I.d Other Members)

Cheeky Farang

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV members are already easy to identify - chubby, bald, old, and with a 18 y/o .........

guilty28rq.gif

i can arrange uv tattoos for you all :o someone else can supply the special uv torches to check each others hands :D. these tattoos only show up in uv light :D

im chubby but havent got the 18 yr old girl :D or the bald head :D

t-shirts could be a good idea and a way to raise some dosh

Edited by uncle paul

Frankly, I don't care if a farang I see in the street is a tourist, expat or otherwise.

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet.  I have lost count of the amount of times that I have walked past a farang in the street and have tried to get eye contact in order to exchange a friendly nod, or even said hello and just been completely ignored.

For this reason I live in areas where there are next to no farangs, as I find the Thais much better people to get on with. I also only go into Sukhumvit or Silom whenever it is that I need to get some half-decent farang food.

I'm not a fan of BKK.I like Issan.

Recognising a farang male who is other than a tourist is usually not so difficult. He doesn't look lost or scared. If his lady is with him, you see how deftly he has learned to steer here past gold shops. He may drive a pickup. He may have children with him who don't have blond or ginger hair or pale skins. He's passed the 'strewth that's cheap I gotta buy it' stage. His skin's neither white nor red.

Farang women I don't know about. Although I guess that the tourist ones are those who give me dirty looks when they see my wife! The type who ask me why I have a Thai wife instead of an English one and don't like my answer.

Farang who are TV members are not easy to distinguish from other non-tourists. Perhaps a badge would be the answer. Or a tattoo for those who have room for more. Or a sticker that says 'I'm not a tourist, I'm a TV'. Maybe the last one could get us into too much bother if it's misunderstood. :D

Transvestite ? :o

As you are walking down the street, another farang is walking towards you.

You make eye contact with him, give him your friendliest smile, nod your head and say words similar to: "Hello mate, it's lovely to see you. How ya doin'?"

He stops, flutters his eyelids at you, his wrists go very limp, he licks his lips, prances towards you and says:

"Ooooh you sssssweet man, where are you going? Oooooh I'd loooooove to cum with you"

What are you going to do now?

If you don't get a friendly response from another male farang in the street, perhaps it's because you look a little bit suspect yourself or it might be that handbag you are carrying. :o

Recognising a farang male who is other than a tourist is usually not so difficult. He doesn't look lost or scared. If his lady is with him, you see how deftly he has learned to steer here past gold shops. He may drive a pickup. He may have children with him who don't have blond or ginger hair or pale skins. He's passed the 'strewth that's cheap I gotta buy it' stage. His skin's neither white nor red.

Farang women I don't know about. Although I guess that the tourist ones are those who give me dirty looks when they see my wife! The type who ask me why I have a Thai wife instead of an English one and don't like my answer.

oh, what do you say!!!?

Farang who are TV members are not easy to distinguish from other non-tourists. Perhaps a badge would be the answer. Or a tattoo for those who have room for more. Or a sticker that says 'I'm not a tourist, I'm a TV'. Maybe the last one could get us into too much bother if it's misunderstood. :o

I think Thaivisa members are very easy to spot...after spending all day online, they are the ones with squinty eyes and RSI wrists

Frankly, I don't care if a farang I see in the street is a tourist, expat or otherwise.

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet.  I have lost count of the amount of times that I have walked past a farang in the street and have tried to get eye contact in order to exchange a friendly nod, or even said hello and just been completely ignored.

For this reason I live in areas where there are next to no farangs, as I find the Thais much better people to get on with. I also only go into Sukhumvit or Silom whenever it is that I need to get some half-decent farang food.

Why the heck should I say hello to you - just because you have white skin? :D

Me thinks you have an attitude problem..... :o

You recognise them by their Thai visa credit/debit card, and their screaming at a smiling cashier, who has refused to accept it under any circumstances whatsoever.

.....whilst banging the counter with their fists saying 'do you know who I am? I'm a super-dooper member of TV and I insist you take my card and I have conections'

:o

You recognise them by their Thai visa credit/debit card, and their screaming at a smiling cashier, who has refused to accept it under any circumstances whatsoever.

.....whilst banging the counter with their fists saying 'do you know who I am? I'm a super-dooper member of TV and I insist you take my card and I have conections'

:o

ADSL connections...?

totster :D

Well at least i'm the easy one to spot out of the TV lot...

I'm the pasty white skinned one, only hangs out in shadows, has pointy teeth and is into young maidens...

If you happen to see me, buy me a pint.... O negative is my preffered tipple