Thai Visa (how To I.d Other Members)

Cheeky Farang

Identifying other TV members was a bit of a problem, even when "hosting" a party in a small venue like the TV Bikini party in Pattaya on the 16th.

Met a few other members, but I'm sure there were more there. Not a lot of extroverted members it seems (those willing to go up to complete strangers and introduce themselves).

Next time I'll make up a little sign to go on the table(s), so at least strangers will know the people sitting there are members (or maybe they are all grandfathers chaperoning their granddaughters  :D ).

:o:D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, I don't care if a farang I see in the street is a tourist, expat or otherwise.

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet.  I have lost count of the amount of times that I have walked past a farang in the street and have tried to get eye contact in order to exchange a friendly nod, or even said hello and just been completely ignored.

For this reason I live in areas where there are next to no farangs, as I find the Thais much better people to get on with. I also only go into Sukhumvit or Silom whenever it is that I need to get some half-decent farang food.

I quite agree, in Buriram if i see a ferang i always make the time of day, it is just politeness, half the time they just look at you if you are crazy and ignore you, saying this i have met a good bunch of ferrang mates in Buriram, and also on Thai visa, i was in a little shop on the Surin road having a Chaing, a Ferrang walked across the road, sat down, i said hello and he just blanked me, i could of hit the guy, total w a n k e r .

I saw one farang in my gf's hometown. He was quick to jump in the car (it was a pick-up truck) and drove away. No words.

Perhaps, I was half his age and his Thai female companion was half the age of my gf.

But the boy that was with them was ugly like ######, probably he had inherited him "from before".

The farang was an ugly slob but I'had seen worse.

Frankly, I don't care if a farang I see in the street is a tourist, expat or otherwise.

In all of my eight years in this country, I have to say that farangs are the most unfriendliest bunch of people here that another farang could ever meet.  I have lost count of the amount of times that I have walked past a farang in the street and have tried to get eye contact in order to exchange a friendly nod, or even said hello and just been completely ignored.

For this reason I live in areas where there are next to no farangs, as I find the Thais much better people to get on with. I also only go into Sukhumvit or Silom whenever it is that I need to get some half-decent farang food.

I quite agree, in Buriram if i see a ferang i always make the time of day, it is just politeness, half the time they just look at you if you are crazy and ignore you, saying this i have met a good bunch of ferrang mates in Buriram, and also on Thai visa, i was in a little shop on the Surin road having a Chaing, a Ferrang walked across the road, sat down, i said hello and he just blanked me, i could of hit the guy, total w a n k e r .

It could be that face. It looks like a bum! :o

I saw one farang in my gf's hometown. He was quick to jump in the car (it was a pick-up truck) and drove away. No words.

Perhaps, I was half his age and his Thai female companion was half the age of my gf.

But the boy that was with them was ugly like ######, probably he had inherited him "from before".

Dear TTM,

Please excuse my hasty exit the other day. My pig-ugly grandson needed to go to the bathroom rather urgently and my daughter-in-law insisted I take them both home to my son's house to defaecate as she doesn't like to use Thai toilets any more.

Regards,

RDN

I wasn't going to post here but have decided to join in as I am sure other members will be experiencing the same dilemma.

When I see another farang I always chicken out and run away.

I look them in the eye and suddenly have a panic attack

" Shit, that might be Thomas Merton"

I wasn't going to post here but have decided to join in as I am sure other members will be experiencing the same dilemma.

Did I miss the early TM days? To me he has always seemed reasonable if somewhat wordy. :o

Dear TTM,

Please excuse my hasty exit the other day. My pig-ugly grandson needed to go to the bathroom rather urgently and my daughter-in-law insisted I take them both home to my son's house to defaecate as she doesn't like to use Thai toilets any more.

Regards,

RDN

Were it you?

Your grandson (ugly) an ur grand-doughter (not ugly) did all that for a toilet?

Good that you mind their needs.

in my students fraternity we have a melody we would whistle when we suspect another member sitting somewhere. The other one is supposed to whistle the second part of that melodie...requires some musical abilities, though...

Something like "Thai a yellow ribbon round the old Oak tree" :o:D

That's the cutest idea so far Mr BJ ..... "it's been three long years.... if you still want me.... so Thai a yellow ribbon.... (lalala!) :D:D

Ol' Thomas has been rather quiet as of late. Anyone know what happened?

Ol' Thomas has been rather quiet as of late. Anyone know what happened?

No, but for God's sake don't wake him up. Ssshhh!

Dear TTM,

Regards,

RDN

Were it you?

Your grandson (ugly) an ur grand-doughter (not ugly) did all that for a toilet?

Good that you mind their needs.

Well, I had assumed it was you (although I did not see your three children) who watched me and my relations drive off hastily in my pick-up: thinktoomut3he.jpg

I was going to introduce myself but my daughter-in-law insisted that you looked like like trouble, and that we should beat a hasty retreat.

My poor grandson is not so ugly normally - I think the strain of not opening his bowels may have contorted his facial expression.