What About Married Thai Visa And Work Permit

I am living in Thailand on a visa extension ,stay with Thai wife, now I like to know what happen if I get a job, and a work permit, my new income about baht 15.000 and my thai wife her new income baht 6000.-, before we had no income, just our baht 400.000 in the bank for my visa extension If we take this job, but keep the visa extension on stay with thai wife. Is this possible, and what about taxes???

Depending on where you are from you probably need a lot more than 15,000 baht/month to get a work permit. Europeans for example are required to earn 50,000 baht/month, otherwise no work permit will be issued.

Otherwise there are no problems getting a work permit while on marriage visa extension, I did it for a few years. You can use your income for the visa or choose to use the 400,000-in-the-bank, up to you.

Depending on where you are from you probably need a lot more than 15,000 baht/month to get a work permit. Europeans for example are required to earn 50,000 baht/month, otherwise no work permit will be issued.

Otherwise there are no problems getting a work permit while on marriage visa extension, I did it for a few years. You can use your income for the visa or choose to use the 400,000-in-the-bank, up to you.

I think you might want to check that reply Phil. AFAIK there isn't a minimum amount for a WP, but there is a minimum amount for an extension of stay based upon work. He could keep the 400k for his extension and work legally with a WP for any amount of salary. (WP's are required for even volunteer jobs)

I think you might want to check that reply Phil. AFAIK there isn't a minimum amount for a WP, but there is a minimum amount for an extension of stay based upon work. He could keep the 400k for his extension and work legally with a WP for any amount of salary. (WP's are required for even volunteer jobs)

I was on a non-o visa with extension based on marriage. I was clearly informed by my accountant that in order to secure a work permit I needed to earn 50,000 baht per month. She also informed me that she had verified this information with the boss of Chonburi labor department. Maybe she was wrong, I don't know. I just know the rules I have been required to follow for the last 3 years. :)

There is no minimum salary to be issued a work permit.

To be issued an extension of stay by Immigration for work there is. Depending on your nationality. For most westerners it is 50,000 a month.

Having said that some Labour Offices will set there own rules.

thepanom you would be able to carry on with the 400,000 Baht in the bank method.

Your Wife;s salary would not be accepted anyway even if you did have enough monthly income.

I was on a non-o visa with extension based on marriage. I was clearly informed by my accountant that in order to secure a work permit I needed to earn 50,000 baht per month. She also informed me that she had verified this information with the boss of Chonburi labor department. Maybe she was wrong, I don't know. I just know the rules I have been required to follow for the last 3 years. :)

Maybe the OP is going to be teacher. Thereby able to get a work permit with any salary.

Keep the 400k in the bank for the extention. Don't even have to mention to Immigration that you are working.

If married with a combined salary of only 21k it is unlikely you will much tax, if any.

Where I live the tax office is very friendly. I go there some time in March with form filled out by my school showing how much I earned the previous year. The lady at the tax office fills out a form for me and I go to the cashier. I ususally get a receipt back showing 0baht paid, as I am married with children and therefore recieve alot of credits.