Do You Get Distracted?

Semper

I have seen quite a lot of near accidents when Thai drivers are looking at well equiped Farang women while driving. And Farang men looking at Thai women.

Should there be some sort of dress code for women walking around in busy streets? Or should the drivers be equiped with blinkers (blinders)? :rolleyes:

I almost rear ended someone the other day. I had moved into the left lane to go around the ubiquitous backup at the U-turn, and was fascinated by this pickup truck that was doing a typical Thai maneuver of creating a second U turn lane because he was too lazy to wait.

The thing is, I have been in Thailand a decade, but I have never seen anyone manage to overload a truck to the extent he had. He was so unstable I thought he was going to tip over in the wind. I've seen wicker furniture overloaded to that degree before, but never heavy items. It was one of those things that just demands you look.

Unfortunately, while I was admiring the ability of these Thais to bend physics in a way that allowed them to keep that truck upright and moving, the U-turn traffic from the opposite direction had caused my lane to come to a dead stop. All I can say is ABS is a wonderful thing. But yes, I understand the problems with getting distracted as a driver. Sad to say there is very little you can do about it.

To avoid distraction I drive with my eyes closed

SC

EDIT: Because I can't afford a welder's motor with the blacked out windows

EDIT: I nearly crashed my PC sitting in Starbucks, I was so distracted...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Thanks semper, an important issue that needs to be addressed. :D What about sharia law?

:jap: and then we can all move back home too :closedeyes:

..Personally I think they should ban motcys, buses, tuk tuk's, sangteaws and all Jap cars so I can be less obscured and pay proper attention to the important distractions in tight jeans, skirts and short shorts :lol: ...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Are you saying that THIS would be a distraction?

Distractions_1.sized.jpg

That is why us wise old guys like to sit on park benches.

Heart_rate.sized.jpg

You should not show those picture during the lentern season. I have done so many things in my head to that on in pinky tops.

That lady will cause a prison riot any day.

Thanks semper, an important issue that needs to be addressed. :D What about sharia law?

:jap: and then we can all move back home too :closedeyes:

..Personally I think they should ban motcys, buses, tuk tuk's, sangteaws and all Jap cars so I can be less obscured and pay proper attention to the important distractions in tight jeans, skirts and short shorts :lol: ...

They should ban the shorts Thai girld wear under their short skirts.

They should ban the shorts Thai girld wear under their short skirts.

I think we can ALL agree on that. :D

But maybe not... I am always surprised at what people disagree on.;)

No you're not

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, you're right... I'm not. :)

I also have to admit that I truly DID have an accident caused by me watching a pretty lady a few seconds too long. I was crossing a side road and the stunning gal was going into the shop next to the one I was heading for. I just pulled onto the road and a guy came flying around the corner and careened into me. Had I not paused to look at the girl I would have been safely across the road before the speeder came flying through..