Phuket News

keestha

Lately I got mailed a few times by a new Phuket magazine appearing on friday, it is called Phuket News. Today I opened their mail, and of course jumped on their offer for a free listing in the yellow pages. I live in Khao Lak and most likely won't go to Phuket before May, did anybody see this magazine and what is it like?

They were giving out free copies outside Makro today.

I gratefully accepted one, got home to realise that it was the two week-old first edition that I had already bought.

Thanks Phuket News for the free window cleaning material.

its early days yet,good time to get all the freebies,but its limited were you can buy it,something to do with the bar code..good to have another english language weekly,good for competition...:annoyed:

Hi,

I'm one of the Team of "The Phuket News"

Happy to see a topic about it here, apologize for any inconveniences at the beginning, we keep improving - promise!

Please do not hesiate to to visit the website and post directly there of all your comments, any is welcome.

Cheers!

Hi,

Happy to see a topic about it here, apologize for any inconveniences at the beginning, we keep improving - promise!

Please do not hesiate to to visit the website and post directly there of all your comments, any is welcome.

Cheers!

I'd like you to stop sending me empty subject and empty body emails please. :annoyed:

Hi,

Cheers!

I'd like you to stop sending me empty subject and empty body emails please. :annoyed:

How did they get your mail in the first place, did you give it to them? :)

Yes, I'm wondering how they got hold of my personal email address :annoyed: I was receiving far too many news alerts every day that I had to go to the effort to unsubcribe to a service I never subcribed to in the first place.

Yes, I'm wondering how they got hold of my personal email address :annoyed: I was receiving far too many news alerts every day that I had to go to the effort to unsubcribe to a service I never subcribed to in the first place.

Yes, I even got a text message. How the fxxx did they get my mobile number. I hate spamming businesses....:annoyed: :annoyed:

Yes, I even got a text message. How the fxxx did they get my mobile number. I hate spamming businesses....:annoyed: :annoyed:

seconded. hate spamming businesses, and would not consider buying their paper, and why would I since I recieve a bunch of "news" emails from them every day anyway.:annoyed:

rant over :)

Yes, I even got a text message. How the fxxx did they get my mobile number. I hate spamming businesses....:annoyed::annoyed:

seconded. hate spamming businesses, and would not consider buying their paper, and why would I since I recieve a bunch of "news" emails from them every day anyway.:annoyed:

rant over :)

ya but at least they report the news accurately...unlike the Phuket Gazette that does not report accurately e.g. the where abouts of the bus driver who crashed the bus on Patong Hill a few weeks ago.

ya but at least they report the news accurately...unlike the Phuket Gazette that does not report accurately e.g. the where abouts of the bus driver who crashed the bus on Patong Hill a few weeks ago.

This was clarified by the Gazette ...

In the confusion immediately after the accident, the Gazette was told that the driver was not injured and was at Patong Police Station for questioning.

However, the Gazette has since been told that the driver was slightly injured and last seen at Patong Hospital.

Full story .... http://phuketgazette.net/news/detail.asp?fromsearch=yes&Id=10058

Just to clear up things for members here, Phuketlen, are you associated with the Phuket News?

It appears you are, but you just referred to them as "they".

If you are part of the organisation, it might be better to answer the spam queries rather than try and make brownie points about another publication.

If not I apologise.

This was clarified by the Gazette ...

In the confusion immediately after the accident, the Gazette was told that the driver was not injured and was at Patong Police Station for questioning.

However, the Gazette has since been told that the driver was slightly injured and last seen at Patong Hospital.

Full story .... http://phuketgazette...ch=yes&Id=10058

yes thank you for confirming that the Phuket Gazette did NOT report it correctly in the first place. they "were told"...excellent journalism. whereas the Phuket News got it right the first time.

Just to clear up things for members here, Phuketlen, are you associated with the Phuket News?

If you are part of the organisation, it might be better to answer the spam queries rather than try and make brownie points about another publication.

If not I apologise.

Apology accepted. I am in fact NOT a part of the Phuket News organization.

True, I do not have any great love for the Phuket Gazette, but have always read because I "had to"...like everyone else because there was no alternative. So I am more than anyhing, simply quite happy to finally have another and so far better alternative in the market to turn to.

I third that, will not buy their paper for the reason that they have been spamming me by SMS. Totally unnecessary and slightly rude.

Hi,

Cheers!

Im retracting my comment.....my "free advertisment" turned into an 844 baht sting, and what p**sed me off more than the price of the advertisment (the price of which was on par with another publication which i cant mention here) was the fact that they didnt even put the ad in the paper!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks heaps for the one extra week of print......at least when the competition made a mistake with my ad they gave me 4 bonus weeks of free print

bah.gif

Edited by snamos

If not I apologise.

Apology accepted. I am in fact NOT a part of the Phuket News organization.

True, I do not have any great love for the Phuket Gazette, but have always read because I "had to"...like everyone else because there was no alternative. So I am more than anyhing, simply quite happy to finally have another and so far better alternative in the market to turn to.

:)

You don't know a poster named Phukettownnotcity do you?

He also had a beef with the Gazette and used to post in a similar way to yourself. You could perhaps form a coalition with him to persue your common interests. ;)

:)

You don't know a poster named Phukettownnotcity do you?

He also had a beef with the Gazette and used to post in a similar way to yourself. You could perhaps form a coalition with him to persue your common interests. ;)

no idea what you are talking about, maybe you dont either?:rolleyes:

how exactly is it a "beef" if I freely express my wholehearted dissatisfaction with the Phuket Gazette as newspaper?

so what is you point?...exactly? I mean, regarding the Bus Driver who crashed on the Patong hill last week. Even the likes of Khun Woody who is clearly beholding to and in the camp of the Gazette with all his sandwich shoppes,e tc and therefore not really fair judge, even he seemed intelligent enough to realize that competition is good for the consumers...ESPECIALLY where the press is concerned. And yet, he, Khun Woody, threw down the gauntlet...in other words, he thought it would be interesting to see which of the papers ended up getting that story correct, the NEWSpaper he has decided that only can be carried in his sandwich shoppes i.e. the Phuket Gazette OR the newspaper that, in the end, that actually got that story correct, the Phuket News. this is the stuff that matters, at least to me. so, what is your poing?:jap:

Me too, have also been receiving several spam emails from them. Seems that they are just scraping email addresses and spamming. Very poor and very unprofessional.

Have already reported their domain name as a spam domain. If you receive any emails from them don't simply delete it, better to report it and they will get blacklisted.