Koh Lipe Accommodation Suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Postscript:

I found a place called Brothers Seaview resort that is just clockwise around the island from Pattaya beach a bit that looked interesting. They wanted me to put half down on my intended 6-night stay (1k/night = 3000), which I did by bank transfer.

Then, of course, the weather was cold and rainy...trains were not going to Hat Yai because of the flooding. I waited as long as I could, but still trains weren't going (I intended to take the train south). I was really looking forward to a relaxing week on a gorgeous beach but finally swallowed my disappointment and flew to Udon Thani and then spent 5 night in Vientiane. That was relaxing and interesting, but I was still very disappointed not to be able to go to Lipe.

Actually, when the flooding started, I emailed Brothers resort and told them I'd be delayed arriving. They wrote back saying no problem, that many of their customers had had do do the same.

Then, when it was apparent I couldn't get there (by train, at least), I emailed to say I wouldn’t be coming this time, but perhaps in the future, and would they please refund my deposit. they wrote back and said that others had managed to get there and that they wouldn’t refund it.

Well, their website does say ‘non refundable,’ and I can certainly understand why they’d need to have people pay a deposit, as many people would otherwise not show up without telling them. However, it seems like in this case that this very unusual weather and flooding should be seen as almost an ‘act of god,’ and that they would refund my money in order to keep good faith with a potential future customer. But they decided to do otherwise.

So, sorry for the long speech, but I’m not impressed with Brother Seaview’s attitude toward customers in this regard. B3000 is not a fortune, but I think it should have been returned in this case.