Long Distance Trucks

monsieurhappy

My friend seems to think that lorries doing long distance work in Thailand ( don't know about local trucking ) are NOT allowed to pick up return loads. He says this is to keep 100's of truck drivers employed. Doesn't make sense to me because this would help in 2 ways. 1) Ease the amount of lorries on the roads 2) Save diesel. The spare drivers this would create could be used as co-drivers/drivers mates, their wages would still be less than the cost in fuel. Anyone know if this is correct? :o:D

My friend seems to think that lorries doing long distance work in Thailand ( don't know about local trucking ) are NOT allowed to pick up return loads. He says this is to keep 100's of truck drivers employed. Doesn't make sense to me because this would help in 2 ways. 1) Ease the amount of lorries on the roads 2) Save diesel. The spare drivers this would create could be used as co-drivers/drivers mates, their wages would still be less than the cost in fuel. Anyone know if this is correct?  :o  :D

Huh?!? I have both in-laws and friends who drive and they always pick up a return load if only to pay the gas. One of the easiest return loads heading up north is seafood on ice.