Inexpensive Gift For Bar Girl

MTS1978

Hi All,

I just discovered it is one of the girls birthdays at a bar I frequent.

Just to put it in context, there is nothing "sexual" going on, and we both know there never will be (well that's in my court I suppose, but there won't).

She none the less is very good to me, know's my drink, makes sure service is prompt etc. and keeps me company when she's not oterwise "busy".

So, I'd like to get her a small inexpensive gift..... a little "thank you" sort of thing, just to acknowledge her birthday.

Any recommendations? She'll be 23.

She see's herself and presents herself as sort of "classy" (the irony, I know) rather than short-skirt-trashy.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice photo of her kid in a frame is always a nice gift. I've done that for many of my Thai lady friends and they've always been appreciated. About 90% of all bar girls have a child by some Thai guy who split when he found out she was preggers. Money in a nice card with a note of appreciation is always accepted and never out of line. Just don't over do it.

Problem is....... if you 'under do it'......... you cause her embarrassment.....:( .

It is to avoid this Thais (usually) don't open presents until the guests are gone. ;)

A bargirl party?.....I wouldn't chance sticking a 50 baht note in a card in the hope I was long gone when it was opened, but my experience is limited to a handful of birthday parties for the aforementioned, I usually just got a round in. I bow to your experience.

Bar fine her and take her out to dinner.

Talk to the mamasan, tell her you want to pay the girls barfine on a day to suit the girl.

Take note, you can't give the cash 'cause she will just pocket it. You need to be careful because the girl will say it is the day of her 'holiday' (day off). Sometimes the Mamasan will get in on it, to just separate you fromthe cash without he girl taking the time off.

Shouldn't be this hard, but it can be. If you get her to actually use the gift as intended, I have found they will often use I for an extra day with their kid. I sometimes give them another 500 to make up for lost drink money.

Daewoo

Bar fine her and take her out to dinner.

Talk to the mamasan, tell her you want to pay the girls barfine on a day to suit the girl.

Take note, you can't give the cash 'cause she will just pocket it. You need to be careful because the girl will say it is the day of her 'holiday' (day off). Sometimes the Mamasan will get in on it, to just separate you fromthe cash without he girl taking the time off.

Shouldn't be this hard, but it can be. If you get her to actually use the gift as intended, I have found they will often use I for an extra day with their kid. I sometimes give them another 500 to make up for lost drink money.

Daewoo

I agree. BG'S do not want time off they would lose money.

Problem is....... if you 'under do it'......... you cause her embarrassment.....:( .

It is to avoid this Thais (usually) don't open presents until the guests are gone. ;)

In my experience everybody has to stand around until all the presents are opened dry.gif

Thanks for all the replies - the genuine and comic alike :)

I don't think going out for dinner, or getting her a night off will be a "gift" per say as she will be missing the opportunity to pick up a punter. She's rather the cash. I'd have to not only pay the bar fine but the "hourly rate" too...... which isn't going to happen on principle. But thanks for the effort in replying.

She doesn't have a kid.

As long as I have spent here, I honestly can't think of anything small that a BG would be pleased to receive.......

I probably just won't bother..... sometimes a half-measure attempt is worth less than none.

I don't think going out for dinner, or getting her a night off will be a "gift" per say as she will be missing the opportunity to pick up a punter. She's rather the cash. I'd have to not only pay the bar fine but the "hourly rate" too...... which isn't going to happen on principle. But thanks for the effort in replying.

She doesn't have a kid.

As long as I have spent here, I honestly can't think of anything small that a BG would be pleased to receive.......

I probably just won't bother..... sometimes a half-measure attempt is worth less than none.

i have something small she might like :whistling:

She doesn't have a kid.

Ideal solution for you there - introduce her to Cardholder. Not only will she be gratefull to be introduced to such a gent but, if you play your cards right, it won't cost you anything either. Unfortunately, if he is that small, he might not make too much of an impression though!

She doesn't have a kid.

Ideal solution for you there - introduce her to Cardholder. Not only will she be gratefull to be introduced to such a gent but, if you play your cards right, it won't cost you anything either. Unfortunately, if he is that small, he might not make too much of an impression though!

Oh Orac! - and you started off so nicely. :rolleyes:

I was referring to my Toy poodle ! The poodle as been referred to as something with beauty and no brains. Not sure how we can relate that back to the thread :whistling:

Remember, it is always the thought that counts.