Good Swimming Pool?

woodyleonhard

From time to time, my wife and I want to take our 8-month-old son swimming, preferably (but not necessarily) someplace near Patong.

Some hotels allow you to use the swimming pool if you buy lunch. A few advertise use of the pool along with brunch buffet, but those tend to be for expensive brunches, and only on certain days of the week.

I also don't mind paying a reasonable fee for use of the pool, but don't want to get saddled with an expensive club membership.

Where would you recommend? Good pool is top priority. Quality of food (if any) only secondary.

The Royal Paradise Hotel go a nice pool, and last time I was there it was free if you had some drinks from the poolbar, it that case I had two Coke during the afternoon... It might be worth a try/question...

Thanks.

Last time someone posted a similar question, the thread collapsed into a discussion of "how to sneak into a hotel's pool and get away with it." I should've made it clear in the original post that I'm looking for legit ways to use a pool...

Oh. That reminds me. I heard somewhere that the pool at the Millenium in Patong - the glass-bottomed pool - is available to people who have snacks poolside. Anybody know for sure if that's the case? If so, how do we get up there? (Preferably without traipsing through the lobby.)

Edited by woodyleonhard

When I lived in Patong I used to do laps at the two 25m pools in Patong Resort where the membership was cheap. You can enter from the Soi Patong Resort side without having to go through a lobby but you should check first what the current rules are.

Edited by Valentine

Hi Woody -- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort just south of Patong offers memberships to residents -- they have a decent fitness centre, tennis, squash, kids club, and a huge, lovely swimming pool. And, of course, a nice shallow bay with clean sands and their own lifeguards -- great for the little ones! Sorry, I do not know what the current rates are but I think they probably have family packages available. I think you can drop in, too, but the daily drop-in rate is rather steep: 1600 baht/day last time I checked.

When I lived in Patong I used to do laps at the two 25m pools in Patong Resort where the membership was cheap. You can enter from the Soi Patong Resort side without having to go through a lobby but you should check first what the current rules are.

Second this recommendation, the pool on the same side as the reception building is a good size and was almost always empty when I've stayed there in the past. Main entry is from rat u thit road near to the christin massage.

Thought that BB poll was filled in for apartment development last year ??

I haven't looked for several months, but BB had it closed for renovation for a long time. They're building a bunch of shophouses where the car park used to be.

ET, I used to swim there. Do you know if it's open again? (You say you swim there daily, but it isn't clear if you're swimming there daily now.)

@Valentine - I sent email off to Patong Resort. Let's see if they respond. Thanks!

The Baan Benjamas Pool is open. I swim there every day. I think they are building there some showrooms and the pool might be closed some day in the future. But at present the water is clear. Problem with the surrounding area and the toilets/shower rooms.

Thought that BB poll was filled in for apartment development last year ??

I haven't looked for several months, but BB had it closed for renovation for a long time. They're building a bunch of shophouses where the car park used to be.

ET, I used to swim there. Do you know if it's open again? (You say you swim there daily, but it isn't clear if you're swimming there daily now.)

Yes, BB was closed for quite a while, but it's been back open for at least six months.

Expat Hotel is always nice for a lunchtime swimm ...

Never had ant problem swimming there....

if in Rawai area ....

we take the kids and use the friendship beach pool very nice and relaxing place for a swim..

Friendship Beach pool is one of my favorites. It's just a long drive from Patong...

Does Expat Hotel allow locals to use the pool?

There is a big pool with water slide right next to your shop in Laguna? Very cheap as it is run by the government....

I went there once, Should try it again.

By the way, I just heard back from Patong Resort. They want B 2,000 per month per person to use the pool. B 10,000 per year.

By the way, I just heard back from Patong Resort. They want B 2,000 per month per person to use the pool. B 10,000 per year.

Ludicrous unless they are overloaded with customers. They should encourage people to use the facilities as they can make extra on F & B.

Royal Crown Hotel, almost to the top of the hill and on the left as you head south on Nanai Road from Sai Nam Yen , allows visitors to their pool. You pay at reception on the ground floor and take your receipt with you to the second floor where the pool is. The pool boy checks your receipt and gives you towels. Large pool deck, pool jet area that is good for kids, just long enough to do laps (but no private showers, just public ones). Proceed over the hill to Green Valley on your right. Here you also pay at Reception and they give you the pool towels there. The towel provides you access to their pool, their showers and their sauna. There is a kiddies pool but the pool is much smaller and older than the one at Royal Crown. Only important if you are doing laps as there is a lot of greenery around the pool. Both used to charge 100 Baht (one year ago). Ample parking for both places and very relaxed. Also F&B at both places.