Thai Income Tax Preperation Service?

Can anyone suggest/recomment a service in Bangkok that prepares Thai income tax forms?

How much should this cost? A couple hundred baht maybe?

I don't have anything too complex. Just salary and RTF account from a Thai bank.

In the past, my employer has done this for me. But this year there has been a staff change and the new people in that department seem unable/uninterested in doing this. At least, they have been dragging their feet on doing the forms and filing for about 6 weeks now.

Thanks.

Just take the forms from your company which say how much you have earned and how much tax they have withheld. Generally this is the PND 90. They are required by law to provide these to you. They aren't allowed to "not show interest" in giving them to you. If they haven't provided them to you by now, they are in violation of the law. You were supposed to receive them in February. Head down to your local revenue branch office. (If the company is less that forthcoming with the forms, a friendly call from any of the officers at the local office to your company will get you the needed forms right away.) They'll tell you where the regional office is who handles personal taxes. And at that office they will help you fill out the forms absolutely free.

If there is one Thai government office that is efficient, it is the Revenue Department. They are always happy to help take your money. No need to pay anyone. If you are in Bangkok, you can start at the e-payment center at the big building at 90 Phahonyothin 7 Road. Ari skytrain station. (http://www.rd.go.th/publish/41225.0.html). I think it is on the 17th floor if I remember. They even have someone who speaks English.

You can also try calling 1161, but whether or not you can actually get an English speaking operator is hit and miss.

Edited by gregb

As Greg said, no need to pay anyone.

At the end of the financial year your work will give you a form showing all deductions made (ie the PND 90).

People at the revenue office will do the calculations for you and determine your liability/refund.

If you have invested in any LTF/RTF's in the last financial year, have mortgage commitments (ie interest payments), are married or have children, take evidence of all these things with you which will lead to greater deductions.

With any luck though, your company will have made the necessary deductions based on your circumstances, so you'll either owe nothing, or be in for a refund if you have any of those offsets I mentioned above.