Ipstar Changes - More Details

croftrobin

Ok

A bit more info prised out from the annals of the Co. today

The letter we are all getting (as current subscribers) is a bit ambiguous as the Gold 2 package is the same speed ul/dl as Platinum 2 package.

However after speaking to CS Loxinfo this afternoon they confirmed that the difference was in available bandwidth

(i.e. contention ratios, which, have always existed on IPStar Packages anyway)

So the bottom line is if you want a better regular service (for business) with lower contention ratios then pay the 6500+VAT. For the platinum 2 package.

They are going to introduce 1000 – 1500 per month baht packages but later in the year. BUT ONLY FOR NEW SUBCRIBERS! . (And the ratios on this will suck – I Bet!)

You will be getting a visit from the engineer in October -

(In a queue system (How does that work here  $$$) (If you have said D(F) uck to them on the phone too many times in the past, then join the Khymer line!)

To realign the dish. At present it is pointing East (To Thaicom 2/3 @78.5°E) – It will have to turn 180° (on its mount) to point to 120° E

So: if you have it currently tucked under the eaves of your roof pointing East, you’d better decide upon a new position for it! (And no doubt when they come to move it have the cash ready for the extra cable! As they are not going to do this for over 1200 punters for free, they will be looking to recoup costs on any trivial matter (eg, extra cable)

More details as and when I can gleem them!

They are going to introduce 1000 – 1500 per month baht packages but later in the year. BUT ONLY FOR NEW SUBCRIBERS! . (And the ratios on this will suck – I Bet!)

what do you mean the ratios will suck?

I mean that likely on the low price packages, XXX number of users will be sharing the available bandwidth.

On higher priced packages X number of users will share the bandwidth.

So although the maximum speed will be 256 or 512 in practice you will not get this at busy times.