Police Out In Force In Bangrak

it seems like a weekly money earner for them there now, they are also stopping cars !!! , so buckle up and DO NOT use your mobile phone when passing through. ( think they are catching up with there huket brothers now )

people still stop for these?

The moving check points are there in force, they are checking for drugs, helmets and seat belts are a bonus, they are searching mostly motorcycles.

They are all over, i think it is good for the island. Weekends are very busy, keep up the good work.

I think a national campaign was started 1st March, a few provinces on the mainland are now rigourously enforcing helmets for both rider and pillion, also max 2 persons allowed whereas they never bothered befor....

What about people on the back of taxibikes? Do they get fined if they don't have a helmet?

this statement is tuk dron. is correct now the pillion ( the back passenger (s) all ahve the wear them

And it's not even the end of the month. The BIB must be short of cash. Still, always wear a crash helmet. Samui is death city for bike riders!!!!!:annoyed:

if they right receipts then i am sure it has to be accounted for unles they have 2 books wouldn't suprise me. i think that the govement puts pressure on them to put some money into the system rarther than under the counter lol

What about people on the back of taxibikes? Do they get fined if they don't have a helmet?

this statement is tuk dron. is correct now the pillion ( the back passenger (s) all ahve the wear them

So taxi bikes must provied helmets? The same head-lice infested helmets for all their customers? Or are tourists expected to buy a helmet and carry it around with them in case they happen to take a taxi bike? It doesn't add up.

So taxi bikes must provied helmets? The same head-lice infested helmets for all their customers? Or are tourists expected to buy a helmet and carry it around with them in case they happen to take a taxi bike? It doesn't add up.

in theory, they should provide diposable hair nets, like in the uk if you go to the go cart track ect.

could this spell the end to 7 people on a bike in samui, everyone wearing helmets and kids not driving bikes !

in theory, they should provide diposable hair nets, like in the uk if you go to the go cart track ect.

could this spell the end to 7 people on a bike in samui, everyone wearing helmets and kids not driving bikes !

Thats the only thing they are not enforcing, schoolkids 4 up driving to school

taxi driver should provide one for passenger, usually one in front of bike basket, no differnt to hiring a bike from a shop and getting an old helmet. i guees the tourist could always carry some kind of shower cap like the hotels have, but the law is the law, these checks also turn up a lot of weapons and drugs

Edited by NALAK

I still think that the BIB's are missing a great marketing opportunity. They should have a friend parked by the check point with a load of cheap helmets. They should then be forced to leave the bikes there till they have a helmet to put on which said friend will gladly sell them for a tidy profit ;)

If it went up to 2000 baht a time it might make a few more people think before jumping on the bike without a lid.

It looks that way but it could just be a blitz and then see nothing for another month or two. I'm thinking of getting my relatively good cycling helmet sent over. Would this provide more protection than a 300-500 baht ones from BigC/Tesco? I figure I do roughly the same speed (most of the time) with similar obstacles. Probably still get a fine.

It looks that way but it could just be a blitz and then see nothing for another month or two. I'm thinking of getting my relatively good cycling helmet sent over. Would this provide more protection than a 300-500 baht ones from BigC/Tesco? I figure I do roughly the same speed (most of the time) with similar obstacles. Probably still get a fine.

I use a hokey helmet from 1974.

Better than a 120 baht helmet from Tesco.

Never get fined.

Stopped once, the policeman looked twice and said good helmet, go on. :D

I use a hokey helmet from 1974.

Better than a 120 baht helmet from Tesco.

Never get fined.

Stopped once, the policeman looked twice and said good helmet, go on. :D

would you get away with this ?

beer-helmet.jpg

Its cos its happy new year and the rozzers need money for the wives to go play cards. Mrs Higgins niece got a 300bt pull the other day by the market . The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before. I hope.

Its silly, 300baht for a Thaivisa reader is easy, but imagine handing over 1.1x of daily wage, to their own people. Scum. Most of girls in line were hotel staff, 300 baht a day maybe..

Edited by devdrinker